Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hooked on USPSA after first match

Big Nick

Well, after shooting my first USPSA match I'm hooked. I had three goals before the match. 1. Shoot safely. 2. Shoot accurately, speed will come later. 3. Don't fall down. I achived my 1st and 3rd goals but rushed some of my shots and could have been more accurate. I shot in limited class using my EAA Limited Pro in .40 S&W with some Henning upgrades. The gun functioned flawlessly but I do have to do some things before the next match and that is to get new mag bases that increase the mag capacity from 14, could not shove 15 in, to 21. Next, get a good belt and a couple more mag pouches. I ended up overall placing 16 out of 39 with a Stg.% of 71.67. I was 9 out of 13 in unlimited. Wish I would had started USPSA shooting years ago. At 51, I'm just not as fast on my feet as I used to be.

Edited by Big Nick

Thank you twodownzero. Class categorizes shooters to allow them to compete against other competitors of the same skill level. Division is defined by the equipment used. See, I'm learning and there is a lot to learn.

Thank you twodownzero. Class categorizes shooters to allow them to compete against other competitors of the same skill level. Division is defined by the equipment used. See, I'm learning and there is a lot to learn.

Excellent! My 2nd suggestion after you join USPSA is take the Range Officer course ASAP. It will help clarify the rules to you and make you a better competitor.

welcome to the obsession. join USPSA to starting earning your classifications ASAP! 16th out of 39 is pretty darn good for a first match!

ETA: just realized your also from IN, welcome from a fellow hoosier :cheers:

Edited by Corey

Our plan is working perfectly.

At this rate we will have all shooters under our control in a short time. :devil:

Until they start shooting in another division. Some things you just cant combine! :roflol:

Welcome to our sport. Do yourself another good deed. Let people know that you are relatively new to the sport. Our fellow enthusiasts really do enjoy helping out new members. Its what its all about, youll learn alot more and progress at the same time. Good luck and enjoy the memories coming into USPSA. H! :cheers:

Hey another Indiana guy, well you are in a USPSA rich state. Matches everywhere every weekend. In fact, Warsaw is this Sunday the 8th. Registration 9am, shooting at 10am.

Warsaw is quickly gaining a reputation as an excellent local match with outstanding stages. Last month I think we had several Masters and maybe a GM show up.

I hope to see you there, PM me for directions if you are interested.

Oh, and by the way, you are screwed now that you've shot a uspsa match, but that's a good thing!!!!!!! :cheers:

The USPSA match I shot was at I.W.L.A. Oxford Lodge, held every 1st Sunday, just outside of Oxford, OH. Everyone there was nice and very helpful. Another club close to me, Miami Rifle & Pistol, has an USPSA shoot on the 4th Sunday of the month. Fourtrax, after I get some more experience and some money saved up I'll probably be heading up your way.

One more person I really want to thank is my wife. Last Sunday, the day of the shoot, was our 29th wedding aniversary. I told her I would stay home but she said go ahead and shoot. She said next year though, our 30th aniversary will, and I repeat, will be spent in Gatlinburg. Does anyone know of a USPSA shoot near Gatlinburg, TN on the weekend of Sept. 30, 2011?

Edited by Big Nick

Great bunch at both Oxford and Miami Rifle and Pistol, you could not have started at a better place and you will find that where ever you shoot that will be the case. Welcome.