Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Nation on VERSUS

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERSUS has begun posting clips from each episode at http://www.versus.com/shows/3-gun-nation/

Sign in and let them know "I'm In" THANKS!!!

Is "fire it up" also a way to say we like the show?

BTW, Nice finish at the Pan Am, Chad!

I think we have another one hooked, guys... B)

Edited by Bryan 45

I'd really like to see these episodes eventually get put onto a DVD. The cost of making DVDs has come down dramatically and given that there are built in sponsors, they cold even include commercials which could drive the costs down to $10 or less. Take a bunch of these to every major match in the country and they'd sell like hotcakes. FHN couldn't ask for better publicity.

Hell, just watching the first couple episodes has me lusting after a SCAR.

Edited by Graham Smith

Is this on Hulu or anything similar?

I do not get VS, and could not find anything online.

Thanks,

Darren

All episodes will be on www.3gunnation.com. They are putting them up about 1 1/2 weeks after they first run on TV. Click on the TV tab at the top of their page.

I made my TV debute this morning, yeee haw!!! In case you didn't recognize me I was the guy that took the first shots at the Rip's Slider stage with the blue and white shirt and Triangle Shooting Sports hat on backwards. I was also the guy that made Jerry Miculek (who shot it right after me) look faster than he realy is.

You can view past episodes of the show here.

http://www.3gunnation.com/tv/

I caught it this past weekend. When is the regular time? I gather from the post their have been 3 episodes thus far, is that correct?

I really liked it and look forward to more. It has inspired me to get my 3 gun gear up and running.

Looks like Monday night is when the new episodes are shown. My DVR recorded the new episode last night. It was part 1 of 2. Can't wait for next week to see part 2. I really need to get my 3 gun equipment ready to go.

Man, my heart rate is up from just reading about the shoot-off at the RM3G! Seeing Robbie and Daniel shooting against each other would have been a sight!

http://www.3gunnation.com/news/remingtons_johnson_wins_3gn_shoot-off_5000_from_safariland

RM3G... shoot-off

I saw it first hand!!! it was a good show!

Seeing the shootoffs in person is pretty damn cool. I got goose bumps watching my buddies shooting in it. I hope I have the pleasure of giving it a try someday.

Here's an idea...how about a Pro's vs. Joe's shootoff for beer money? Pro's gotta shoot the FNH guns weakhanded and the Joe's get to run their own gear. Now I would pay to get into that and to see it on TV. :devil:

Edited by jtischauser

[

Here's an idea...how about a Pro's vs. Joe's shootoff for beer money? Pro's gotta shoot the FNH guns weakhanded and the Joe's get to run their own gear. Now I would pay to get into that and to see it on TV. :devil:

I would not want to do that. I remember in 3rd grade us telling one another we could beat the other one with one hand tied behind our back. I am prepared to lose to a pro. But I am not prepared to lose to him or her with one hand tied behind his back. :)

FN uses their pistol and their shotgun and their rifle in the shootoff. I wonder if any sponsor has ever thought about hosting a match where you are required for the entire match to only use their weapons?

It would require a considerable outlay of demo weaponss for the sponsor (no less that two of each kind on every stage and then a few more if needed) but it would give everyone the same hands on experience, serve a a testament to the reliability (or not) of the weapons system, and just level the playing field as much as possible.

They might have to charge more for the match but can you imagine getting on the plane to attend the match and all you had to bring was your gun belt and the usual clothing? Since they are going to charge you $25 (at least) to check you weapons case and you have to fly out and back, paying an extra $50 to shoot a match this way would actually save you money since you would not be risking loss in transit or wear and tear on the weapon.

[

I would not want to do that. I remember in 3rd grade us telling one another we could beat the other one with one hand tied behind our back. I am prepared to lose to a pro. But I am not prepared to lose to him or her with one hand tied behind his back. :)

I see your point but I wasn't planning on losing! :cheers:

I think the fans of the show, myself indcluded would like to see more action like was seen at the Blue Ridge match where the guys without the colorfull jerseys are shooting against the best. It kind of puts how good the top guys are.

Plus I just want a chance to shoot the shootoff setup with the FNH guns and ammo.

Edited by jtischauser

FN uses their pistol and their shotgun and their rifle in the shootoff. I wonder if any sponsor has ever thought about hosting a match where you are required for the entire match to only use their weapons?

It would require a considerable outlay of demo weaponss for the sponsor (no less that two of each kind on every stage and then a few more if needed) but it would give everyone the same hands on experience, serve a a testament to the reliability (or not) of the weapons system, and just level the playing field as much as possible.

They might have to charge more for the match but can you imagine getting on the plane to attend the match and all you had to bring was your gun belt and the usual clothing? Since they are going to charge you $25 (at least) to check you weapons case and you have to fly out and back, paying an extra $50 to shoot a match this way would actually save you money since you would not be risking loss in transit or wear and tear on the weapon.

I would shoot a match like this. I think it woudl be a great way for a company or several companies combined to showcase their gear to us shooters. I would love to go to a 3 gun, 2 gun or even just a lowly pistol match and shoot a different custom 2011 or 1911, shotgun, and rifle on every stage. It woule be a great way for new shooters to figure out what they like instead of having to rely on our advice on the forum.