Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TechWear USA 2010 Area 8 Championship

FYI

The Saturday all day slots are now full.

The Saturday AM/ Sunday slots are now full.

The Saturday PM/Sunday AM Slots are now full.

There are still slots available to shoot on the following days

Friday

Alan

Edited by Alan Meek

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its gonna be GREAT. We just built 23 new wall sections, the terrordome is mostly assembled, and the shaky bridge is about 80% complete.

Any of the stages that look easy are gonna be tricky. I promise.

I have roughed out the squadding for the folks in the system.

Please send an email to the Area Director if you find mistakes.

aemeek@yahoo.com

Edited by Seth

I can't answer that question precisely... I can only tell you that I filled buckets all night last night until the job was complete. The system only allowed for 6 man squads for the 1/2 day Saturday/ 1/2 day sunday folks.

I'm sure Alan will chime in shortly with an answer.

I'm going out on a limb here, so correct me if I'm wrong in any way ....... but I do believe the folks running this match know that 6 man squads don't work .... that 3 squads of 75 shooters won't work ...... and maybe with a few exceptions, have done this kind of thing before. Yes it appears to be a little out of whack, but I've been to more than a few Area matches & I know it takes a tremendous amount of effort to pull a match this big off, in a short amount of time. Squadding is 1 of the hardest things to coordinate, with all the special requests flying around. I also know that the closer it gets to the 1st day of shooting, the more stressed the MD and his helpful associates get. So I would ask you all to give them a little breathing room, More than likely they need it. And if it gets down to less than a week before the match and you still see things that aren't right, then chime in with your suggestions. :closedeyes:

EDIT: I hope no one took any offense to my previous comment. I'm not trying to single out anyone, and I dont mean anything personal. Everyone is doing the best they can with the short amount of time left. Let's just give them ample room to work.I'm looking forward to another awesome AREA 8 match. I haven't missed 1 since 2005, and I don't intend to this year either. ;)

Edited by Chris Keen

Six man squads don't work.

If you have the guy who just shot, the next one up and the on deck shooter that leaves 3 people to reset and paste stages, and that takes forever.

There is no down time.

Not having shot a match in this format before, I had assumed the 1/2 day squads join up with an all day squad so you had "two" squads (one all day and one 1/2 day) on the same stage at the same time? At mid day the 1/2 day squad changed out. :huh: I think the all day squads have 9 or 10 shooters for the most part.

I just hope everyone does their share of pasting so we don't have any hate-n threads later on! ;)

First,

I would like to thank Seth for taking on the Lions share of getting the Squadding done while I spent the day Sunday sick as a dog on the couch. Seth's effort were a tremendous help.

Chris, Thanks, yep this ain't our first Rodeo. The TechWear USA 2010 Area 8 Championship is going to be a great match for those that can make it. We have quite a list of current and former USPSA National Champions and IPSC World Champions. You want to shoot with the best come on out. We will even have two of our newly minted TV stars, JJ and Blake. Max confirmed last night he will be here with Blake.

Rob, You broke the code. The Sat/Sun Shooting Schedule is the one that is probably the most confusing. So here I will try to explain it.

Squads 301-305 will be 13 shooters and will shoot all 10 stages and chrono on Saturday 28 Aug 2010.

Squads 306-311 will be 7-8 competitors and will shoot all 10 stages and chrono on Saturday 28 Aug 2010.

Squads 312-316 will be 7-8 competitors and will shoot Stages 6-10 and the Chrono Stages with Squads 306-311 on Saturday Morning AM 28 Aug 2010 and then finish up with stages 1-5 on Sunday Morning. I will be renumbering squads 312-316 to 326-330 and add squad 331 tomorrow night.

Squads 351-356 will be 7-8 competitors and will shoot Stages 1-5 and with Squads 306-311 on Saturday Afternoon 28 Aug 2010 and then finish up on Stages 6-10 and chrono on Sunday morning.

This should allow us to finish up around 12-1pm on Sunday.

Hope that helps explain for everyone.

I appreciate everyones patience while I worked out some of the details. I have been pretty much able to honor everyones first request for squadding and I know I have some change requests pending that I will get to tomorrow.

Take a look at the squadding and we still have plenty of room if you want to come shoot on Friday, we would love to have you and I promise to give you the best damn Area 8 Championship I can.

Thanks

Alan

edited because I am tired and can't type

Edited by Alan Meek

Alan, had a question from a guy who shoots a lot of three gun. He is thinking about shooting this match since the dpms three gun was cancelled.

He wanted to know if there is going to be a prize table. I don't know.

Just Wow:

Manny Bragg

Lee Dimaculangan

Kert Gaskill

Todd Jarrett

Athena Lee

Johnny Lim

JJ Racaza

Dave Sevigny

Randi Rogers

Rebecca Jones

Todd Sindelar

Ron Francisco

Megan Francisco

Travis Tomasie

Max Michel

Phil Strader

Blake Miguez

And OF COURSE... Micah Barcelo, Chris Keen, Daniel Carter, and ME! lol...

Alan, had a question from a guy who shoots a lot of three gun. He is thinking about shooting this match since the dpms three gun was cancelled.

He wanted to know if there is going to be a prize table. I don't know.

There will be a prize table, but it will be nowhere as generous as the DPMS prize table.

Alan

Just Wow:

Manny Bragg

Lee Dimaculangan

Kert Gaskill

Todd Jarrett

Athena Lee

Johnny Lim

JJ Racaza

Dave Sevigny

Randi Rogers

Rebecca Jones

Todd Sindelar

Ron Francisco

Megan Francisco

Travis Tomasie

Max Michel

Phil Strader

Blake Miguez

And OF COURSE... Micah Barcelo, Chris Keen, Daniel Carter, and ME! lol...

nice lil group of shooters ya got there!