Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from Good Ol' California

ShotGirl

Hello from Cali! I have been taking shooting lessons and yesterday I got to blow up propane tanks with handguns! I am a beginner, but I managed to hit the tanks. Quite the adrenaline rush. I'm hooked now! Thought this would be a good way to learn more about guns.

Edited by ShotGirl

Hello from Cali! I have been taking shooting lessons and yesterday I got to blow up propane tanks with handguns! I am a beginner, but I managed to hit the tanks. Quite the adrenaline rush. I'm hooked now! Thought this would be a good way to learn more about guns.

Blow up propane tanks with a gun! :surprise: Tell us more about this, not that I think I would like to try it.

CYa,

Pat

BTW Welcome to the forums. :cheers:

Blow up propane tanks with a gun! :surprise: Tell us more about this, not that I think I would like to try it.

CYa,

Pat

I have a friend who is a pyromaniac- does fire breathing, makes structures for Burning Man, etc. So he had a flame thrower and we lit up some wood and other debris on fire, put a propane tank next to it, and shot at the propane with a Glock 22. When we shot the tank, we were presented with a nice little explosion. On one of my hits, the propane tank shot in the air and landed about 50 yards behind me.

I should see if I can upload a picture. I'll have to get one up later on.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you are like 19 or 20 years old. That is about the age I shot propane tanks and such before I realized how friggin' dangerous it was! :surprise: We just threw the blue bottles in a fire and shot them! Totally Stupid! Fun as all get out though! :cheers:

Please be careful. And again, welcome. Sorry, all we usually shoot is cardboard and a little steel.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you are like 19 or 20 years old. That is about the age I shot propane tanks and such before I realized how friggin' dangerous it was! surprise.gif We just threw the blue bottles in a fire and shot them! Totally Stupid! Fun as all get out though! cheers.gif

Please be careful. And again, welcome. Sorry, all we usually shoot is cardboard and a little steel.

Sarge we use to take a 200 gallon propane tank strap some C4 on it and shove it out the back of a CH-47, it would level a village, yeah I was 19 then, and unlike the boy scouts the Army didn't have adult leaders, unless a 20 year old 2LT was an adult, I was a PVT I just did what they said stupid or not. Anyway young lady welcome to the forum. Please exercise a modicum of care when shooting things.

As much fun as it sounds like, you still need to try some shooting matches they are great safe fun.

post-25881-128085792104_thumb.jpgpost-25881-128085793478_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple pictures.

Thanks for the concern about my safety. I am a little bit of a daredevil, but I take precautions and stay very aware of my surroundings in these situations. I am actually older than 19, so at least I'm not as reckless as I probably was at that age.

post-25881-1280857887_thumb.jpg

post-25881-128085790298_thumb.jpg

welcome fellow cali shooter!!!!! blowin stuff up is not all that bad, now the flyin pieces of metal....not so much....stay safe, eye an ear protection, maybe some sort of blast shield to hide behind hehehehe

Greetings "calishootr," a few of my family members are located in Orange County, California. However, they aren't interested in shooting matches. But I might take some gear during my next trip to California, and try to find a club hosting USPSA matches B) .

Edited by Dwain C. Baer

CYa,

Pat

I have a friend who is a pyromaniac- does fire breathing, makes structures for Burning Man, etc. So he had a flame thrower and we lit up some wood and other debris on fire, put a propane tank next to it, and shot at the propane with a Glock 22. When we shot the tank, we were presented with a nice little explosion. On one of my hits, the propane tank shot in the air and landed about 50 yards behind me.

I should see if I can upload a picture. I'll have to get one up later on.

Now that is the California that I knew and left, keep up the good work.

Tim

PS; gallon can of gas on sawhorse over road flare shot with high powered rifle (7mm Mag. ect.) at dusk, very cool!

Another cali shooter!!!!!!! welcome to the forum! Where do you shoot or where are ya from?

Hello! I am from San Bruno, CA - right near San Fran. I was taking shooting lessons at a place a couple miles from my house. They make shooting difficult around here, but if you get outside of the Bay Area craziness it's not as bad. Where are you from and where do you shoot?

welcome fellow cali shooter!!!!! blowin stuff up is not all that bad, now the flyin pieces of metal....not so much....stay safe, eye an ear protection, maybe some sort of blast shield to hide behind hehehehe

We did have some flying propane canisters, but they were plastic, so we didn't have shards of metal flying at us, luckily! But you're right- definitely have to have AT LEAST eye and ear protection. I double up on the ears- plugs and head gear- so I don't go deaf.

I am from a lil burg near sacramento, been shooting USPSA style matches for 21 yrs now, used to shoot 9 matches a month, now its down to a couple per month. Got a Glock??? maybe I'll see ya at richmonds GSSF match(Glock shooting sports foundation match) this weekend

Edited by calishootr

Another cali shooter!!!!!!! welcome to the forum! Where do you shoot or where are ya from?

Hello! I am from San Bruno, CA - right near San Fran. I was taking shooting lessons at a place a couple miles from my house. They make shooting difficult around here, but if you get outside of the Bay Area craziness it's not as bad. Where are you from and where do you shoot?

Shooting difficult?

I live in San Mateo and I have four ranges within 30 mins and twelve ranges within 45min and I might even have missed a couple.. though that assumes no traffic...

(Coyote Point, Jackson Arms, Reed's, LARGC, Chabot, Sunnyvale, 10th street, Metcalf, Richmond, Target Masters, Davis Street, Bullseye)

Shooting difficult?

I live in San Mateo and I have four ranges within 30 mins and twelve ranges within 45min and I might even have missed a couple.. though that assumes no traffic...

(Coyote Point, Jackson Arms, Reed's, LARGC, Chabot, Sunnyvale, 10th street, Metcalf, Richmond, Target Masters, Davis Street, Bullseye)

I've been to a few of those locations- I'm just talking about all the rules and laws- not necessarily a lack of ranges.

I'm from Richmond. I primarily shoot at richmond rod and gun club

Hey ShotGirl,

I live in So Cal. I wish the laws about shooting where not so out in left field, (another decision)

I try to get out shooting here about 3 or 4 times a year. I wish that I could get out more,

then that. A group from work heads to the area around hwy 138 off Interstate 15.

We sometimes shoot at fire extinguishers for fun. When we can find them, but we put them up

on a side of a hill so that if they do explode it is far enough away. It is still fun,

I want to get some of the explosive that it does not go off until you shoot it. My

explosives experts at work tell me that it is legal here in CA. Trying to find out

for sure.

Where you using the flame thrower at? It looks like where we shoot..

This is my first post on this board..

Steven P

post-25881-128085792104_thumb.jpgpost-25881-128085793478_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple pictures.

Thanks for the concern about my safety. I am a little bit of a daredevil, but I take precautions and stay very aware of my surroundings in these situations. I am actually older than 19, so at least I'm not as reckless as I probably was at that age.