Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot episode #8

coog

Off topic, but did anyone notice that Kelly seems to eat ALOT of cereal ? Almost every scene in the house he is slugging back a bowl full. Maybe thats the secret to his good performance..... like Popeye and his spinach. LOL

Thanks for the lead to hulu.com. FAR better, IMHO, than watching it on the tube.

Did anybody notice -- Peter made this comment (39:57 on the hulu video): "I thought I could get it all faster if I didn't apply all the fundamentals. And you saw where that got me ...".

I'd love to know just how far Flex & benos jumped out of their chairs when they heard that one.

Gentlemen ...?

Did anybody notice -- Peter made this comment (39:57 on the hulu video): "I thought I could get it all faster if I didn't apply all the fundamentals. And you saw where that got me ...".

I'd love to know just how far Flex & benos jumped out of their chairs when they heard that one.

Gentlemen ...?

Funny how that works out. :)

I found it very unfortunate that Tara had to leave the show. She, more than some of the others cast to the show, had the skills to be there.

JJ is still the 300 lb gorilla in the room, Denny still sucked, and Kelly still impressed.

If they would have used a sling instead of a sling shot, they would have had to tape for at least a whole day and the challange would have been to see who actually hit something first. It looked like a compromise between historical and feasible to me.

If they would have used a sling instead of a sling shot, they would have had to tape for at least a whole day and the challange would have been to see who actually hit something first. It looked like a compromise between historical and feasible to me.

You are right, but they should have at least spend 30 seconds explaining the difference between the two. As is it left me wondering where David managed to find surgical tubing before his fight with Goliath.

I found it very unfortunate that Tara had to leave the show. She, more than some of the others cast to the show, had the skills to be there.

Absolutely agree. Hated to see her go; fully understand her departure. The competition didn't seem to be about her skills as an operator any more (slingshots? What's next? Ninja stars, sword play, throwing stones ...?). Being with family at a critical time is of greater importance.

Absolutely agree. Hated to see her go; fully understand her departure. The competition didn't seem to be about her skills as an operator any more (slingshots? What's next? Ninja stars, sword play, throwing stones ...?). Being with family at a critical time is of greater importance.

One of the guys Said, ""Good for you""" he was right,,, She was right too.

They need to be sure and bring back the Chief. They expert who taught them how to shoot the sling shot. That guy is awesome. I want to see him take over as host of the show.

Chris

ETA: BTW, I'm glad to see Tara on the show. She was stand up on the show and she did the stand up thing when she had to go. I hope she gets to come back next season.

Edited by Resjudicata

I have to disagree with the comments about this guy Chief AJ, I heard about this Chief AJ guy years back and from what folks that knew him had to say he is a self made expert and superstar that does not deserve the titles he give himself. Is he funny, sure. Is he a character, yes. Does he hold this slingshot title, yes. It was my understanding he had to search and search to find something he could set a record at and tried many different things. I talked with a guy that had taken a shooting course he gave and the guy said it was really a joke and he learned nothing in this overpriced class. So Chief AJ may be better than I've been told but I haven't seen anything impressive come out of him as of yet. I could think of more than a few people I'd like to see host the show rather than Chief AJ, including Colby Donaldson. JMO.

finally got around to seeing this episode on hulu. i figured there would be knife throwing somewhere, but the slingshots threw me for a loop.

Sad to see Tara leave like that. WOuld love to see her come back on season 2 (and compete against me, hahahaha). looks like the last 2 episodes are going to be the best by far....we shall see

It's kind of weird watching the show from the outside, but knowing all the competitors like I do from my time there. I really did feel for Tara when I saw the episode; I can't imagine what it would be like to have had to deal with it once in real life and then get to see it all again on TV. Definitely not something I can even pretend to relate to.

With regards to the actual episode, I thought Chief AJ was a riot. Self-made expert or not, he can certainly shoot a slingshot well and his commentary was definitely the funniest yet.