Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glockworx & Vanek Trigger Kits

esskay

In my G17, I have a production-legal Glockworx complete trigger kit (w/ lightened striker). I have a new G34 and am interested in trying one of the Super Grand Master Vanek's (w/ his striker).

Question - Will I be able to run the G34 upper with Vanek parts on the G17 lower with Glockworx parts?

Are you sure the GW trigger is production legal?

It's supposed to be:

The Standard Deluxe Trigger kit contains everything in the Standard Complete trigger kit with the addition of a V4 Skeletonized Striker. This trigger is primarily for anyone wanting a polymer trigger pad glock trigger with shortened pre travel, over travel and trigger reset. If you shoot “Stock Gun” class competition such as IDPA SSP or USPSA Production, this is the trigger you will want to have.

I have one too. I sent a picture of it to amidon as it has two holes on the right side of the trigger that aren't on the factory trigger and he said it wouldn't be but ray @ glockworx told me they sent one in for review and they were told it was legal. Maybe this topic needs its own thread.

I would think so. I doubt the striker safety would be much different and the cruciform engagement lug on the striker is probably the same length. Do you know anyone with a vanek-equipped slide that you can try on your lower?

Not sure, I've started asking around, thanks...

Have both and have been successful in using both as described, but returned to solely using Vanek. I prefer his parts over others out there.

Thanks for the feedback! I do love my Glockworx trigger but was hoping to try Vanek too and also be able to swap uppers between the guns.

FWIW I did just take a look at my Glockworx trigger and it looks exactly like my stock triggers. (nothing shaved, no extra holes)

Edited by esskay

Interesting. How long ago did you buy it?

Good question, I don't actually know! I bought the G17 from my buddy last summer, and he had put the Glockworx trigger in some time prior.

I have one too. I sent a picture of it to amidon as it has two holes on the right side of the trigger that aren't on the factory trigger and he said it wouldn't be but ray @ glockworx told me they sent one in for review and they were told it was legal. Maybe this topic needs its own thread.

Extra visible holes = external mod = not legal for Production. No wiggle room unless they've changed the product.

I'm another happy Vanek user. But if you're going Vanek, get his Production-legal trigger...I believe the Super Grandmaster also has some external mods.

Curtis

For Production, you will want the Classic trigger vanek offers with the Jager striker which has an extended tip to prevent lite strikes. The other triggers remove the pretravel which will make it not production legal

For Production, you will want the Classic trigger vanek offers with the Jager striker which has an extended tip to prevent lite strikes. The other triggers remove the pretravel which will make it not production legal

Yep, I have the Classic GM in mine and it is very nice.

I have the Vanek Super Grand Master in my Glock 34 , nothing like it , double taps almost like a 1911 (almost), I don't think it is production legal due to external mods. Going to try the Glockworx fulcrum on my Glock 24 for limited class read some reviews all positive. Good luck with either choice .

We submitted our standard trigger kit to John Amidon and USPSA per their request after the 2008 shot show. John called us back and told us the trigger was ruled legal for production.

While there are holes on both sides of the trigger pad they are the same factory hole locations. We did not move any pins. What we did was disasemble the trigger pad to work our magic on the trigger bar and then reasemble the trigger pad onto the bar. The only way to get the pins out is to punch it out the other side which creates the hole.

If it was a issue we could easily epoxy the little polymer plugs back into place or fill the holes with dyed epoxy and it would be very difficult to tell. We have not done this because first USPSA said it was legal and second without naming names the standard triggers have passed inpection at major matches.

Edited by Yar1180

I know you've said that before Ray and I hope you understand my apprehension since I received an e-mail from John stating that it wouldn't be.

Perhaps Glockworx would go so far as to get confirmation in writing?

the super grand master is not production legal but the classic grandmaster kit is which is the one i bought from charlie. charlie told me to get the classic grandmaster over the super grandmaster so i would be legal. just my 2 pennies

• 2 years later...

Im about to order a classic grandmaster, but I dont understand how it is production legal with the capability of an adjustable pre travel. His web site states "modified trigger", can some one who has one explain how it is legal?