Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Championship

3GN has opened arbitration for all scores posted from the previous four qualifying matches that have taken place thus far. The arbitration period for those matches will close at the end of registration day, Aug. 4, at the JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun.

At the conclusion of the JP RM3G, 3-Gun Nation will post both the results from RM3G and the top 50 qualifiers for the 3GN Championship. All arbitration for RM3G scores must be completed immediately following the event. With that process completed, 3GN can then publish the top 50 qualifiers for the 3GN Championship, held Sept. 13 in Las Vegas, where one winner will take home $25,000, courtesy of Leupold. Also, the 2nd place finisher will receive $10,000, courtesy of US P.A.L.M., and 3rd place will receive $5,000, courtesy of Timney Triggers. Other top finishers in the match will win prizes from FNH USA, SureFire, Federal Premium, Weaver Optics, Brownells, Leupold, Vortex Optics, Revision, Mac Tools, Lewis Machine & Tool, Otis, 5.11 Tactical, Under Armour and much more.

To read the complete article or to ask questions, click here:

http://www.3gunnation.com/news/arbitration_open_for_3gn_tournament_series

Edited by 3GunNation

I actually find it curious that the finals are scheduled to held at the least popular major match in the country???? what if people in the top 50 were not planning on attending?? is it an attempt at increasing participation??? I think FB3G, the last major in the year would have been a better venue!!!

I have also found out that if you change divisions in matches, your points earned do not necessarily add together. I know there are quite a few of us that have more than one division that we shoot in!!!

It will be interesting!!!!!!! much like Top Shot, the curiousity factor may be what drives participation or interest.

Trapr

Maybee the website is not complete...but if it is, it shows only 41 currently that are in the standings for the 3-gun nation championship.

Those are the only folks that have shot the 3 required. There will be a crapload more after RM3G.

M

Maybee the website is not complete...but if it is, it shows only 41 currently that are in the standings for the 3-gun nation championship.

Those are the only folks that have shot the 3 required. There will be a crapload more after RM3G.

M

OK, I understand now. Thanks. :blush:

I actually find it curious that the finals are scheduled to held at the least popular major match in the country???? what if people in the top 50 were not planning on attending?? is it an attempt at increasing participation??? I think FB3G, the last major in the year would have been a better venue!!!

I have also found out that if you change divisions in matches, your points earned do not necessarily add together. I know there are quite a few of us that have more than one division that we shoot in!!!

It will be interesting!!!!!!! much like Top Shot, the curiousity factor may be what drives participation or interest.

Trapr

Well at least the top 50 could get IN to the match unlike the FB3G. Maybe that is the reason?

Got a ? for you Trapr IPSC shotgun.....unloaded starts.....action open or closed safety on or off. If you could relate what you have

experienced.

Thanks man

Patrick

Sorta curious on the choice of "50", myself, that looks like there will be severals free passes to the next round when you start with 50, curious!! :closedeyes:

Looks like 10 wildcards will be handed out based on performance in the Nationals: 3-Gun Nation Wildcards

Also looks like the event (up to the man-on-man shoot-off) is Tactical only...

USPSA Nationals recognizes the following divisions: Standard, Standard Tactical, Open, Heavy Metal Standard and Heavy Metal Tactical. However, the 3GN Championship will be a Tactical Optics (or Standard Tactical) event only.

Edited by gose

Okay, I'm confused!

The article says the shootoffs will be only tac scope, but then it goes on to say you have to follow the equipment rules of the divisions of USPSA and use your own equipment.

Does that mean that you have to change equipment between Nationals and 3-Gun Nation if you're not in Tac Scope??

Help! I'm so confused!

Denise

Okay, I'm confused!

The article says the shootoffs will be only tac scope, but then it goes on to say you have to follow the equipment rules of the divisions of USPSA and use your own equipment.

Does that mean that you have to change equipment between Nationals and 3-Gun Nation if you're not in Tac Scope??

Help! I'm so confused!

Denise

Strictly speaking, the open shooters would be the only ones that are forced change equipment.

Though shooting in Tactical with a pump and iron sighted .308 might put you at a slight disadvantage...

Though shooting in Tactical with a pump and iron sighted .308 might put you at a slight disadvantage...

Hell, I'd do it. And go down in a blaze of glory! B)

I'm excited about what we'll see w/ 3GN next year. Those guys have learned a lot this year and will surely put it to good use for the events next year. I personally liked shooting the FN guns though, I hope they don't make it the competitors equipment for all the shoot-offs next year. With $25K on the line though, I think that's a good decision. No re-shoots for equipment malfunctions!

Sorta curious on the choice of "50", myself, that looks like there will be severals free passes to the next round when you start with 50, curious!! :closedeyes:

Looks like 10 wildcards will be handed out based on performance in the Nationals: 3-Gun Nation Wildcards

USPSA Nationals recognizes the following divisions: Standard, Standard Tactical, Open, Heavy Metal Standard and Heavy Metal Tactical. However, the 3GN Championship will be a Tactical Optics (or Standard Tactical) event only.

So now I gotta go to Nationals to try to get onto TV? Damn the wife isn't going to be happy about this one.

So I guess that will make 60 people in the shoot off, the fifty that qualified by going to three events and placing high enough and then ten additional "lucky folks"

ought to be a big shoot out :cheers:

That is great, because I would hate to see someone miss out on this because of a deployment, or because they just couldn't make it to three matches.

Alrighty, you're startin to make rules, so we can start to ask questions.

3GN has made it so shooters can shooter their own guns, but the Heavy Metal guys are iron sights. Can they slap a scope on for the shoot off? use an auto for the shotgun portion?

"Competitors will be required to use their own gear throughout a portion of the 3GN Championship, which will conform to all USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals rules on division requirements, gear and scoring, and all stages of fire will be run by USPSA range officers"

Which begs the question: Which scoring system will be used?

Time-plus, like all the qualifying matches, or is it going to be San Angelo, like the Multigun Nationals?