Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 5 Championship

I see from the match book that there are specific squads listed for the steel---will we find out our steel squad number when we check in for the match? Or is there someplace we can look that up prior to check-in? (For example, I know that I'm shooting steel Saturday afternoon---but I don't know if I'm on Steel Squad 506, 507, 508, 509, or 510.)

Mainly I'm asking in case I was supposed to squad myself somewhere for the steel section, and I missed it. :)

Yup, you will find out at registration. Ray had a plan for that, but I don't remember exactly what he was doing. Hit us up when you check in and we will get with Ray on it.

JT

Thanks! (I'm going to be interested to see what the "Dueling Tree" stage is going to be like, and how it will be run....)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious how the prize table works for this match. Is it order of finish or random drawing?

There will be a prize table for each division based on order of finish.

Prize table current value something over $30,000.

Ray

Any advice on guns in Illinois? Been a few years since I've been there.

Still ok to keep it bagged and unloaded in the trunk, or does it have to be locked up? Anything like that?

I'm just a Kansas farm boy so I try to keep it simple.

Edited by pskys2

Any advice on guns in Illinois? Been a few years since I've been there.

Still ok to keep it bagged and unloaded in the trunk, or does it have to be locked up? Anything like that?

I'm just a Kansas farm boy so I try to keep it simple.

Non- residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. It is recommended that, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:

Unloaded, and

Enclosed in a case, and

Not immediately accessible or broken down in a non functioning state.

Above from IL State Police Web-page

I would also recommend mags unloaded.

I keep gun in a bag, mags unloaded, ammo in separate ammo containers (box's, bags etc.)

with all of it in my range bag.

If you have a car put your range bag in the trunk,

If you have a pick-up put it behind the seat on passenger side.

The only trouble you'll get into would be for something else your

not supposed to be doing. Like speeding or throwing beer can's out the window.

Why the heck are all the big area 5 shoots landing on my trade show dates?!!! This and the Ohio match, Reno tradeshow and Brasil supplier meeting. ARRRRG!

Maybe next year. Sucks to be me.

Indiana Section is the last weekend of July.

I know they frown on using Cyclers for moving target practice with litter.

I will have 600+ rounds of loaded Moonclips in my bag and 2 Revolvers.

Guess I'll try to seperate them from the bag.

Thanks guys.

Your Mag and moon clips can be loaded and even in the same case but can not be inserted in the firearm. I've talk to local law enforcement (County Sheriff and State Police)on this and this is what they said was good to go. Now the problem. They also said that many officers are ignorant of what is legal and what is not. Therefore I would suggest keeping your mags unloaded and moon clips out of the same case for transport. Remember, IL. is the last "No form of carry" state so be sure all of you with CCW permits unload at the state line or the Boogy man may get you.

Scott

Looking forward to shooting this match next weekend and meeting some more great people. I'm fairly new to USPSA and have been shooting a lot of matches lately. In a effort to keep the wife happy and save a little money, I was wondering if there is anyone in the Madison, WI or Rockford, IL area that might be interested in carpooling to the match or sharing a hotel room. I'm heading down on Friday afternoon and shooting all day Saturday.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

-Mark S

What is the flooring like in the Dark House? All of our squad will be wearing spikes of some kind. Should we plan on carrying a second set of shoes for the Dark House?

What is the flooring like in the Dark House?

Dark! ...... :rolleyes: ROFL

:roflol: I was wondering more along the lines of texture. Is the floor hard, soft, mild, or extra spicy? I guess I asked for that. Thanks Chris, YOUDAMAN!

I'm pretty sure it's just plywood, although it's kind of hard to tell since it's dark :lol:

I have shot it twice with cleats on. The first time the plywood floor was dry and I had no problems. However at this past Single Stack Nats held there it had been raining all day and the plywood was wet from all the previous traffic. When the buzzer went off I almost wiped out :o

I'm pretty sure it's just plywood, although it's kind of hard to tell since it's dark :lol:

I have shot it twice with cleats on. The first time the plywood floor was dry and I had no problems. However at this past Single Stack Nats held there it had been raining all day and the plywood was wet from all the previous traffic. When the buzzer went off I almost wiped out :o

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't had very good luck on any smooth surface with cleat on, wet, dry, or dark. We shoot indoor with no light and a flashlight a few times a year. This should be fun, but I just want to stay upright.