Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 5 Championship

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it make a difference if my classification has changed since I registered?

Yes, as I found out in Georgia at the Area Match last year.

I told the lady at checkin my labels were wrong, I was a C class.

And she said, "Welcome to B class!!!" :cheers:

Shooting tomorrow walked the stages this afternoon. They look great. The set up crew did an outstanding job and Ray has designed some great stages. It should be fun but it looks tough to me in many ways. Options abound on the field courses. If you did not sign up for this one you missed out. Looking forward to it.

I can't wait.. I am driving down tomorrow to hopefully walk the stages after the Friday crew finishes up. Also I heard from RePete that the stages are very neat his other quote was "Lots of tight shots and No shoots" So I guess the order of the day will be call your shots and don't miss lol.

Just want to confirm that registration is at the range and not at any hotels / other locations?

Thanks! Look forward to the match!

Darren

Here is the info I got in a email..

Dear competitor,

Thanks you for choosing to shoot Area 5 at PASA Park. It\'s shaping up to be a great match, over 325 competitors to date. If you are shooting the match all day Friday you will need to register at the range Friday morning 7:00-8:00am at the main building, S&W hall. If you are shooting the match all day Saturday or Saturday morning / Sunday morning you can register at the Microtel Inn, 200 South 3rd Street, Quincy, IL from 5:00-7:00pm Friday evening or at the range Saturday morning 7:00-8:00am at the main building, S&W hall. If you are shooting the match Saturday Afternoon / Sunday morning you can register at the Microtel Inn, 200 South 3rd Street, Quincy, IL from 5:00-7:00pm Friday evening or at the range Saturday morning 8:00-12:00am at the main building, S&W hall.

If you are shooting the steel side match you can register for it and get your squading at the same time you register for the main match. It\'s important to note that if you are shooting the match on the weekend and are shooting the steel side match you will automatically be squaded into your open period for the weekend.

Please also note that any requests for a cancelation and refund must be in my email box Monday June 6th when I show up for work 8am central time or there will be no refund.

As chief statistician for the 2011 Ohio Sectional, I found out that setting up the Major Match Results page on www.USPSA.com is easy-peasy!. Whoever is the authorized stats-uploader-type-person for that club, can setup the results page in the blink of an eye.

I sure hope they post results there, and not some 3rd party web page.

Looking forward to this match! :cheers:

I stayed in the shack today with one other guy to help out and make sure they didn't get dug into a hole. This will make it easier to have interim stuff posted in a timely fashion. We want a third party to verify the entry before we post anything. The staff shot today with one or two shooters.

The real stats people will do the verification and the staff scores will be up sometime today.

I grinned when you spoke of a third party website.... it seems we do all our posted about rules and general info here on Enos.... third party.

We actually plan on posting the results all over the place. The plan is to also take some pictures and get them online interim too. To bad you can't upload to photos and vids to the USPSA eh?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you again Chris....

JT

As chief statistician for the 2011 Ohio Sectional, I found out that setting up the Major Match Results page on www.USPSA.com is easy-peasy!. Whoever is the authorized stats-uploader-type-person for that club, can setup the results page in the blink of an eye.

I sure hope they post results there, and not some 3rd party web page.

Looking forward to this match! :cheers:

Edited by JThompson

I grinned when you spoke of a third party website.... it seems we do all our posted about rules and general info here on Enos.... third party.

We actually plan on posting the results all over the place. The plan is to also take some pictures and get them online interim too.

I know what you mean Jim, but I consider Enos a Forum to discuss everything shooting related, however I DON'T consider it a place to publish match results. That belongs on USPSA's website under ..... you guessed it "Match Results ------> Major Matches" . LOL

...... and also on any 3rd party website you might host, regarding the match itself, and or Area 5 in general.

I didn't mean it shouldn't be posted elsewhere (duplicate), just that most people go to USPSA's site to check for Major Match results, and get frustrated when they can't find them there.

I know I do. :rolleyes: (but that's another story)

Looking forward to seeing you as well. :)

Any info on the flood warnings at Quincy and the Mississippi?

I work right out of St. Louis in Fenton, MO. (15 min SW of St. Louis). We are having a series of hard rain thunderstorms rolling through right now. Been going for about 30 minutes and moving NE through the area and still coming down as I type.

I feel for the guys shooting today...

Rob

I hear ya, but I think everyone knows where the site is as they had to sign-up for the match and where all the info was stored. As far as the other people who didn't have to sign up or didn't shoot... no too worried about it. :P

Oh, btw, there are some interim results on the uspsa website as I type. :)

JT

We actually plan on posting the results all over the place. The plan is to also take some pictures and get them online interim too.

I know what you mean Jim, but I consider Enos a Forum to discuss everything shooting related, however I DON'T consider it a place to publish match results. That belongs on USPSA's website under ..... you guessed it "Match Results ------> Major Matches" . LOL

...... and also on any 3rd party website you might host, regarding the match itself, and or Area 5 in general.

I didn't mean it shouldn't be posted elsewhere (duplicate), just that most people go to USPSA's site to check for Major Match results, and get frustrated when they can't find them there.

I know I do. :rolleyes: (but that's another story)

Looking forward to seeing you as well. :)

I shot this yesterday with staff and really thought that the stages were very good, very thought out, really made you think and gave you options. They were tough too, no hosing going on that was for sure.

I had a few issues, reloaded into a mag with 3 rounds, and for some reason my brain shut down on swinging targets and I would just stare at the target hoping holes would appear.....they didn't

Hope everyone has a great match

Nice job to Ray and Staff!!