Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 5 Championship

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, major kudos to Ray, Jim, ROs, volunteers, cooks, etc. This was only my second outdoor match but I could tell it was very well done. Matt confirmed as much.

We shot Friday and it was already rainy and muddy so hats off to the weekend crew. It's gonna be sloppy.

Ending a long day with stages 13 and 14 was a major challenge for a newbie like me. I learned the impact than an FTE (ehh. maybe three :blush:) can have.

Good luck to everyone shooting tomorrow. Well, almost everyone B)

Edited by TGriff

This match was very challenging and technical for hosers like me :-). I started off on stage 9 and my first 4 stages where ruff. I finished strong though and will just have to see how the scores pan out.

This thread has been quiet all day! What's going on in Barry?

Hey Micah,

We shot all day on Friday with about 3 hours of rain which we thought was bad. Until we got up to leave on Saturday and looked outside and saw all the rain coming down Heavy and Steady. We hit the road to come home and about an hour into the trip east on 72, the highway was closed from high water. Two hours later (Detour), we are back on 72 heading east. This was a great match and very well ran. My Favorite stage was the Dark House. Awesome! See ya soon Micah. Peace Out!

Can someone post a link to the Michelle's (the photographer) website? I think she was on stage 7.

www.photomotionphotography.com

Also, the match results seem to be missing on the USPSA web site. Anyone been able to see them today?

I have to say I think this was a great match and I would like to thank all the people who made it possible. The stages were chalenging and some really made you think. We lucked out with only a couple of hours of rain on Friday and I have not heard if there was any on Saturday during the match. Had a good bunch of guys on my squad, some I have shot with before and then some new guys I just met. I did not get Clints e-mail address and I was curious if the videos I took for him turned out so if you read this and you want let me know. I really like PASA park and it would be ok with me if they decided to have area 5 there again next year.