Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 5 Championship

Congrats to Matt for another close second in revo. to you-know-who. It'll happen one day, Bro. :cheers:

Way to go in SS, Corey!

Congrats to me for hitting all the swingers and not falling in the mud :P

Edited by TGriff

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are looking up the tornado warning was just down graded to a thunderstorm warning. Going to be a long day at the range.

Big baby

Well, I must say at 5:30 am Saturday morning I walked out onto the front porch of the hotel to watch a funnel cloud drop and suck up again. I thought OH FU______________________DGE! Loaded the car and headed to the range. Very rough conditions on Saturday morning. Footing sucked, mag cleaning after every stage, this was more than an A game needed it was an A++++++ game. I really enjoyed the stages as this too like Riverman was my first level 3 match. I wish I would have stayed L10, but changed late in the game.

Thanks JT, PASA, all RO's just wish the land was flatter as I have found that 14 stages in 1 day through 2 seasons will NEVER happen again in my lifetime. :unsure:

Things are looking up the tornado warning was just down graded to a thunderstorm warning. Going to be a long day at the range.

Big baby

Well, I must say at 5:30 am Saturday morning I walked out onto the front porch of the hotel to watch a funnel cloud drop and suck up again. I thought OH FU______________________DGE! Loaded the car and headed to the range. Very rough conditions on Saturday morning. Footing sucked, mag cleaning after every stage, this was more than an A game needed it was an A++++++ game. I really enjoyed the stages as this too like Riverman was my first level 3 match. I wish I would have stayed L10, but changed late in the game.

Thanks JT, PASA, all RO's just wish the land was flatter as I have found that 14 stages in 1 day through 2 seasons will NEVER happen again in my lifetime. :unsure:

I had a minor role in this match... the real heart of the match were:

Ray Hirst (MD and Master Stage design & setup)

Tony Hawkins (Setup & Troubleshooter and all around great guy)

Deb Hawkins (Hell on wheels and swings a mean sledge...outworked all of us)(Thanks for running sheets!)

David Hawkins (Who need not look at steel to hit it with a 22. He's too cute not to include)

Tom Drazy (Setup and Steel Fix it)(I owe ya a bottle of Crown. :)

Troy McManus (RM/setup and damn fine cook!) Troy cooked for the set-up crew the entire match!

Eric Griggs (AKA Smurf., annoyance to raccoons everywhere) (Seriously, a hell of an RO and setup man)

Duane Eggars (Setup and RO)

Brian & Kim Frayne, Sandy & Greg Farnham and Rachel Evans... The dedicated stats crew for the match.

Many thanks to all the ROs, CROs and RMs who gave up their time to help make the match a success!

Last, but certainly not least to all the sponsors!

JT

Edited by JThompson

Congrats to Matt for another close second in revo. to you-know-who. It'll happen one day, Bro. :cheers:

Way to go in SS, Corey!

Congrats to me for hitting all the swingers and not falling in the mud :P

I was looking at the results page all day. Way to go Corey!!! :cheers:

Thanks guys! :cheers:

Yeah, I've been to quite a few matches, and this one was VERY well done. I want to sincerely thank all my friends who put this thing together and ran it. Nice job, everybody. :cheers:

I had a minor role in this match... the real heart of the match were:

Ray Hirst (MD and Master Stage design & setup)

Tony Hawkins (Setup & Troubleshooter and all around great guy)

Deb Hawkins (Hell on wheels and swings a mean sledge...outworked all of us)(Thanks for running sheets!)

David Hawkins (Who need not look at steel to hit it with a 22. He's too cute not to include)

Tom Drazy (Setup and Steel Fix it)(I owe ya a bottle of Crown. :)

Troy McManus (RM/setup and damn fine cook!) Troy cooked for the set-up crew the entire match!

Eric Griggs (AKA Smurf., annoyance to raccoons everywhere) (Seriously, a hell of an RO and setup man)

Duane Eggars (Setup and RO)

Brian & Kim Frayne, Sandy & Greg Farnham and Rachel Evans... The dedicated stats crew for the match.

Many thanks to all the ROs, CROs and RMs who gave up their time to help make the match a success!

Last, but certainly not least to all the sponsors!

This was my first major and I had a blast! (pun intended).. I am a young buck but I have to admit those hills at PASA were killing my legs by the end of the day Sat.. Sure part of it was having to drag a kart full of 3 shooters gear and bullets but heck it was totally worth it!

All the stages were amazing and really made you think. Loved the dark house, I think I lost my mind and just couldn't stop shooting even though there were only 7 targets lol.

Thanks to all of the RO's, CRO's MD and all others I am forgetting. Can't wait for next years!

Awesome match!!! For my first Area match the bar is set pretty high.

Congrats to all the winners!...even you Corey... <_<:roflol::roflol:

Thanks....I think? :roflol:

Anybody got any video of Josh Nyboer on stage 13? I thought I shot that stage decent until I saw his time :surprise:

Awesome match!!! For my first Area match the bar is set pretty high.

Congrats to all the winners!...even you Corey... <_<:roflol::roflol:

Thanks....I think? :roflol:

Anybody got any video of Josh Nyboer on stage 13? I thought I shot that stage decent until I saw his time :surprise:

I'd also like to see how he did it 5 seconds faster!!! WOW : :bow:

I think I liked stage 5 the best

Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.

:sight:

Yup nice job Bill I had to reload on that stage! :angry2:

So did I

(shooting L10 :( )

As did I...or as I should have.... :blink:

I thought it was the most well balanced match I've seen. Stage design was outstanding, and they did a great job of offering everything from short and sweet stand and shoot to challenging field courses that forced difficult choices and tight shots. There was even a running hosefest stage.

Personally, I shot one of the worst matches I've ever shot. I managed to do a great job with swingers, turners, long shots, and tight shots, but I also did a great job of missing wide open close targets, dropping the first shot coming into an array, and saw to it that a couple of hostages won't live to sue. Some of those poppers proved to be pretty adept at getting out of the way of my bullets, too.

But my poor performance didn't diminish my fun. I shot with a great squad that included everything from a couple of folks who took home plaques to a couple of folks just there for the fun, picked up a few tips, got to give a few, and was impressed with the ROs professionalism and enthusiasm. That's saying a lot considering the ankle deep mud, stifling humidity, and difficult stages that required more Mike and No-Shoot calls than usual.

Best of all was the "old home week" atmosphere on the range. It's always good to put faces with screen names, and to see the folks you only see at big matches.

I do have one "complaint", though: Who thought a set of Glock wrenches would be a good prize to put on the Single Stack table? ohmy.gif

Great job guys, and thanks!

BB

PS - Thanks to Corey for tanking one stage so that most of us get to say we outshot a GM!

Edited by bbbean