Went in for a 60K service this AM, I was informed that I should

have the SIX plugs replaced,per the service book! So I said ok,

and how much surprise.gif $125.00 NOT including the labor, thats

another hours worth at $80/HR flate rate? goof.gif

So the service rep. laughed laugh.gif and said- how else is T----A

going to pay all of those $$ fines that our people in Washington

hit them with for those call backs blink.gif

No thanks- I'll buy them myself and put them in! sight.gif

I went in the other day for an oil change ($29.00) and they vaccume and wash the car that makes it a good deal. So the service guy asks if I would like the tires rotated, "They rotate everytime I drive it." devil.gif

I can easily top that one! My 01'F-250 diesel just got a new oil pan. The old one rusted out already. Dealership said $2,500.00 :angry2: Found a guy to do it on the side for $700.00. Still pretty steep for an oil pan.

Great design, you have to pull the engine all the way out just to change the pan.

I can easily top that one! My 01'F-250 diesel just got a new oil pan. The old one rusted out already. Dealership said $2,500.00 :angry2: Found a guy to do it on the side for $700.00. Still pretty steep for an oil pan.

Great design, you have to pull the engine all the way out just to change the pan.

:surprise: Holy cow that is crazy!

Those spark plugs are supposed to be good for 100,000 miles.

Wonder why they insist that you change them at 60,000 ?? :surprise:

It's a racket. :angry:

I agree, if it's running fine I would leave them alone. If you start getting a bit of studder or or hesitation, buy a chilton or haynes manual from autozone along with wires and plugs, cap and rotar and do it yourself. I am by no means a mechanic, but I do all my own and my wife's oil, plugs, transmission service, brakes and whatever else I can. First and last thing I paid a mechanic for was A/C work on my truck, and it's 10 years old (bought new).

Edited by dsmw5142

Just put the third set in my Ranger today. 180,000 miles and it finally needs its third set! I should have put platinums in it the 2nd time, but they were out of stock. A good set of Motorcraft Platinums and it's good for another 100k at least.

Yup---Platinums in everything! :cheers:

Watch it on Ford PU's---on some of them the procedure to work on anything at the rear of the engine

is to PULL THE CAB OFF. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yup---Platinums in everything! cheers.gif

Watch it on Ford PU's---on some of them the procedure to work on anything at the rear of the engine

is to PULL THE CAB OFF. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Glad I got an Old Chevy, but I do have a front end loader so I could just lift it right off. But probably I would use a fire wrench or can opener. I've been know to pull the floor mat up and cut holes in the floor to get to things then tack weld them back, or I use the air hammer and sheet metal cutter, aka can opener. Did I say plasma cutter, now that makes some fine clean cuts.