Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Futuristic German Shooting Range

Anybody that's spent time in Europe know's that equals $$$$$$$$$$$$. To rich for my blood.

Prices did not seem too crazy. A round of trap is 10 euros.

I think that's for the targets. Then you have to add 32 EU for 15 mins - 100 EU for an hour of range time.

I'm scared to ask what a day there would set me back. Looks awfully damn cool though

Looks like $123 an hour plus extras.

1 EUR = 1.23244 USD

http://www.mszu.de/seite/4/preise

Preise

25 m Indoor-Schießkino

Empfohlen für 1 bis 6 Personen, mit Gruppenwechsel bis 20 Personen

Bahn (max. 6 Personen)

pro 1/4 Stunde:................................................................. 32,00 €

pro Stunde:....................................................................... 100,00 €

Tontaubenhalle Einmalige Standgebühr pro Tag.......................................... 8,00 €

15er Runde Trap/Skeet/Parcours........................................ 7,50 €

25er Runde Trap/Skeet/Parcours........................................ 10,00 €

Exklusive Einzelnutzung der Halle für Seminare oder Schulungen

Inklusive Standgebühr und Tauben (Außer Munition)

erste Stunde.................................................................... 160,00 €

jede weitere.................................................................... 120,00 €

100 m Indoor Schießbahn Einzelbahn auf Scheibe

Pro ¼ Stunde................................................................... 8,00 €

Pro Stunde....................................................................... 28,00 €

Bahnen komplett

Pro Stunde....................................................................... 128,00 €

25m bis 100m Kino

Empfohlen für 1 bis 6 Personen

mit Gruppenwechse bis 20 Personen

Pro ¼ Stunde................................................................... 32,00 €

Pro Stunde....................................................................... 128,00 €

Laufender Keiler, Kipphase

Pro ¼ Stunde................................................................... 12,00 €

Pro Stunde....................................................................... 40,00 €

300m Indoor Schießbahn Pro ¼ Stunde.................................................................. 10,00 €

Pro Stunde...................................................................... 36,00 €

Bahnen komplett

Pro Stunde...................................................................... 138,00 €

25 m Indoor Kurzwaffenbahn Pro ¼ Stunde.................................................................. 5,00 €

Pro Stunde...................................................................... 18,00 €

Bahnen komplett

Pro Stunde...................................................................... 80,00 €

(Preise für alle Schiessbahnen)

Leihwaffen: Kurz- oder Langwaffe (pro Tag und Waffe)..................... 20,00 €

Individuelle Schiessbetreuung

Handhabung, Sicherheit nach Aufwand

Trainerstunde / Schießunterricht: Einzelunterricht

Stunde.......................................................................... 70,00 €

Gruppe bis 5 Personen

Stunde.......................................................................... 100,00 €

Edited by Steve J

Like I said $$$$$$$$$$$. The only thing cheap over there is beer. You could get a pitcher of beer cheaper than a pitcher of Coke at Pizza Hut. I remember thinking,,seriously?

Leave it to the Germans to take outdoor sports and shove them inside and then attach a soulless version of Cabelas to the range, complete with the indoor mountain thing. Also, all camo is olive drab over there, wtf, over?

Lots of hoops to jump through for firearms in Germany. I see this as a positive thing. Germany has a lot of history to overcome to move forward. Maybe this the way for a new generation to learn to appreciate firearms and shooting without bearing the onus of previous generations.

The sterile and cold is probably supposed to give you that safe/professional feel.

People in Germany are still very anti-gun and it'll be a while before they loosen up.

Regarding the silly olive drab everything. Mainly hunters who jumped through hoops to get a hunting license, a permit to buy a gun and ammo, have traditionally been gun owners. I think for a German to see someone in hunter green outfits (yikes..), handling guns and olive drab equipment and ammo, means: "It's alright. I'm a hunter."

I used to shoot trap and skeet with my father when I was a kid, he was a hunter and had rifles and shotguns. Virtually every person we knew who shot trap and skeet got their permit to own a gun based on the fact that they hunted.

A German Army sergeant who was on my base tried to get a permit to own a handgun for "leisure" shooting and could not even get one because he "did not need it".

Anyways, thanks for posting the clip. That was interesting. It mainly talked about perfection, technology, being state-of-the-art, and a little more perfection.

Edited by Team Amish 1

I guess the "sterile and cold" doesn't bother me too much - it's a range. How pretty should it be? The thing that appeals to me is having consistent light and weather conditions to shoot in all year long. Much as I'd love to check it out, I doubt they'll be opening one within driving distance anytime soon.

Pretty cool but I'd rather be outside. Somebody spent a ton of $ building the place. I wonder if it is govt owned. It wouldn't suprise me if it is since its in Europe. I agree w/Graham that I'm impressed that it even exists. Most European countries aren't big on their civilians having guns are they?

Edited by Brad A