Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it closer than flying into Austin?

the distance,, is the same the traffic in Austin,, is killer,,, if you hit it good,, an hour,,, if not,,, it sucks,,

from killeen to the range is 45 min,,, tops,,,

I live 8 miles from the range and work up,, on Ft hood,,

turning in your rent a car,, and checking in to fly is real easy in Killeen,, too,,, small airport,, no shuttle busses and all that,,

Is it closer than flying into Austin?

Its at least twice as far away

true,,, it is traffic,, and the hoops,,, checking in,, and out in Austin,, I'm guessing he will have all his guns,, and bags with him..

the rent a cars are 200 yards from the baggage clam,, in killeen,,

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Killeen,+TX+76549+(Robert+Gray+AAF)&daddr=31.0579817,-97.7996347+to:Liberty+Hill,+TX&geocode=FZH42QEd7mor-iGQUk179d1Wjw%3BFT3o2QEdLrIr-il7ML0KOrVahjGGyu8K_xEBdQ%3BFdDo0wEdLNIp-ik3iq0_M95EhjGkJTQqX-Tr2Q&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=12&via=1&sll=31.06558,-97.734375&sspn=0.149982,0.298004&ie=UTF8&ll=30.866131,-97.847328&spn=0.075148,0.149002&z=13

the range a just a few miles west of Liberty hill,,

Edited by M ammo

Dang Nabbit!! Went to double check my room reservation today and I no longer have one. I used points and booked thru the Holiday Inn website...called the local number for the front desk to confirm and they can't find it. Glad I checked before arriving, it would kinda suck to show up and NOT have a room at all. But of course, the national call desk wants to put me in Austin because all the "points" rooms are used up in Georgetown. Grrr. Well, there goes an extra $200 I'm gonna be spending on this match. :angry2:

Dang Nabbit!! Went to double check my room reservation today and I no longer have one. I used points and booked thru the Holiday Inn website...called the local number for the front desk to confirm and they can't find it. Glad I checked before arriving, it would kinda suck to show up and NOT have a room at all. But of course, the national call desk wants to put me in Austin because all the "points" rooms are used up in Georgetown. Grrr. Well, there goes an extra $200 I'm gonna be spending on this match. :angry2:

http://www.cedarcreekinntx.com/

3 miles from the range,,, not Austin,, cool but,,, close,,

Any of the ROs know when the RO shooting begins?

the 9th Sat and Sun 10th,

they will start set up,, this Monday,,,

I'm taking Friday off of work to help finish,, set up,,,

Do you know what time on sat?

Does anyone know if there is a store between Austin Airport and the range where I can pickup some Rem STS 12 ga. shells?

Thanks.

Academy has 2 locations on US183. They carry STS, but they will also have a selection of 12 ga birdshot around $6.50/25 in case they do not have your exact flavor. The 2nd one, Cedar Park location (1104 C-Bar Ranch Trail,Cedar Park,TX,78613) is a little easier to get to, if you are going airport->range, but if there is something special you want, stop at both.

Lee

Carina did you find a room? Cedar Park has some motels one being a Holiday Express on 1431just west of the intersection fo 1431 and Parmer. There is a new motel 6 there too. i don't think its much futher than GT if any futher. Its about a 20-25 minute drive to the range.

Edited by dstroyed

Does anyone know if there is a store between Austin Airport and the range where I can pickup some Rem STS 12 ga. shells?

Thanks.

Try GT! GT Distributors

I believe they are a match sponsor as well! :cheers:

Kyle

GT is conveniently not far off 183. If I needed to buy buckshot or slugs or handgun or rifle ammo or a Glock or an M&P or an AR or a holster, or, well, lots of stuff, GT is at the top of the list. But birdshot? :surprise: Call first. If you stop by GT then there is Dick's close by, too.

Thanks.

Try GT! GT Distributors

I believe they are a match sponsor as well! :cheers:

Kyle

GT is conveniently not far off 183. If I needed to buy buckshot or slugs or handgun or rifle ammo or a Glock or an M&P or an AR or a holster, or, well, lots of stuff, GT is at the top of the list. But birdshot? :surprise: Call first. If you stop by GT then there is Dick's close by, too.

Academy carries slugs as well, at least one brand of Remington slugs (if needed)

The match is now FULL unless you want to shoot with the RO's the weekend before.

Lee

Is there any easy way to determine if I'm actually in the match? My check cleared, but I haven't been notified. Just wanted to make sure it didn't get misplaced somewhere along the way before going all the way to Texas. Not that there's anything wrong with Texas.

Next question, where can we ship ammo?

The range might be able to accept shipments. However, if Sheldon doesn't already have something arranged for out to towners shipping ammo send me a PM and i will forward my Commercial Office address for you to ship too. I will be an RO so i will be around. If tthere is a shipping address already arranged I would prefer you use that.

Well, its kindof late, but there is no prearranged address to ship ammo. One possibility is to ship to your hotel. Usually they will accept packages for guests, but call first. The range will be closed, or at least, no one will be at the office to guarantee delivery.

Lee

What color will the steel be painted? Shooting unmagnified at the TX 2-gun was brutal. The targets were earth colored. I really like this range, but it's hard to hit targets you can't see.

Looking forward to this one.