Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

Do you guys have a schedule yet? I am assuming we are shooting Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?

Per the MD a few days ago, Friday/Saturday/Sunday is affirmative. Exact schedule TBD.

Lee

Is there any registration on Thursday?

MD says yes, there will be registration on Thursday. Exact times TBD.

Lee

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a hotel in the area that is recommended?

Any Hotel near 6th street :goof: ...Oh wait I am not a party animal any more

6th st is not TOO far but there are closer (link from the Texas Multigun site).

Lee

http://cedarcreekinntx.com/

this place is in Bertram, it is 3 miles from the range,

So Thea's guys are supposed to go home and say they went to Austin Texas and "Did Not go to 6th street" :blink:

Yes and I visited the Playboy mansion , and did not go to the pool

Is there a hotel in the area that is recommended?

Any Hotel near 6th street :goof: ...Oh wait I am not a party animal any more

6th st is not TOO far but there are closer (link from the Texas Multigun site).

Lee

http://cedarcreekinntx.com/

this place is in Bertram, it is 3 miles from the range,

So Thea's guys are supposed to go home and say they went to Austin Texas and "Did Not go to 6th street" :blink:

Yes and I visited the Playboy mansion , and did not go to the pool

I guess I know I'm old, 6th ST, is too loud! And most of that sound does not pass as music.

Actually the best little restaurant, in the area is, http://www.dahlia-cafe.com/ it is just down the road from the range heading east,,

They do have live music on Saturday night in the summer when the weather is good.

Not 6th ST,,, not Collage kids. Man am I OLD…

Ok, guys. I am new to this competition thing, so I am hoping someone can help out or at least point me in the right direction. I have registered for Larue's 3-gun and when reading through the rules posted on Mark Fingar's website, I am still confused. The rules says "factory configuration", so if I am planning on shooting Heavy-Tac, can I use my optic up top and a 45 offset for my BUIS? I appreciate any clarification you can offer.

Ok, guys. I am new to this competition thing, so I am hoping someone can help out or at least point me in the right direction. I have registered for Larue's 3-gun and when reading through the rules posted on Mark Fingar's website, I am still confused. The rules says "factory configuration", so if I am planning on shooting Heavy-Tac, can I use my optic up top and a 45 offset for my BUIS? I appreciate any clarification you can offer.

Go to Texas Multigun Championship and down load there rule book. It shows all for the rules on the HT.

The rules says "factory configuration", so if I am planning on shooting Heavy-Tac, can I use my optic up top and a 45 offset for my BUIS? I appreciate any clarification you can offer.

Single optic and 45 offset BUIS is fine for Tactical in the Texas Multigun.

BTW, the rules on Mark Fingar's and the Texas Multigun sites are the same. Well, supposed to be.

Lee

I can't think of any scenario that would absolutely require you to discharge your shotgun into the berm to unload it. If you're transitioning weapons, simply put it on safe or manually unload/cycle the weapon. The rules are not set in stone per se, we are reviewing them to make any necessary adjustments to insure a safe but very fun match. We still have slots available so send them in if you haven't already.

LaRue Tactical is donating tons of stuff for the prize table, its mind boggling. Hope to see you there.

Sheldon Carruth

I can't think of any scenario that would absolutely require you to discharge your shotgun into the berm to unload it. If you're transitioning weapons, simply put it on safe or manually unload/cycle the weapon. The rules are not set in stone per se, we are reviewing them to make any necessary adjustments to insure a safe but very fun match. We still have slots available so send them in if you haven't already.

LaRue Tactical is donating tons of stuff for the prize table, its mind boggling. Hope to see you there.

Sheldon Carruth

Do you have any word on whether red dots will be allowed in limited?

Hey Sheldon;

Just checking. Depends on if you have to ground an empty shotgun or can make safe with rounds left in the tube. Benellis are a pain in the a to cycle empty... Just wanted to be prepaired in advance.

Why don't you cycle it once and put it on safe?

There will be no round in the chamber and it will be safe.

It works for me since if the safety pops off - the chamber is empty and should you have one on the lifter, your weapon is on safe.

Edited by DyNo!