Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being done with basic!

Tyler Payne

1984 I started the same path with the Marines.I left them in 2000.

Those are some of my greatest memories, wish I was still there.

Good luck and enjoy, I envy you.

thank you for your service, You are the true american Hero.

HOOAAHH!! How many times have you said, "Yes Drill Sergeant", in the last 6 weeks? :roflol:

Want to know a secret? Basic sucks for Drill Sergeants too!

You mentioned that you feel it made you a better person. Trust me, you will feel the same way 50 years after getting out of the military.

Keep up the good work and thank you very much for taking your turn carrying the torch of freedom! :cheers:

Keep up the good work and thank you very much for taking your turn carrying the torch of freedom! :cheers:

+1!

I did the bootcamp thing a little over 25 years ago. Trust me, you won't forget these dayzzz

The only difference was I was in the USCC or (Uncle Sam's Canoe Club). Sometimes called the USN. Bootcamp for us was more like trying to not spill your drink when you are getting in one of those floaty lounge chairs in the pool. Not as hard core as the REAL bootcamp you just finished. Though none of us got it like the flyboys. I heard they just sat around in their cute as a button baby blue polyester jumpers practicing ironing each others pocket squares whining because the big meany drill sergeant made them send their favorite blankie and bunny slippers back to mommy when they got off the bus! That's what I heard anyways... :sight:

Congrats for making it!!!

Nicely done. I finished basic just shy of 25yrs ago (holy crap that seems like a long time ago :surprise: ) AIT is better and after that is better yet. Nothing like being a part of the big green brotherhood. :cheers: Welcome.

Congrats Tyler. My military time was the best in my life. I hope it is for your too. I got out of basic 35 years ago. Still remember it. My son finished his boot camp 10 years ago. I sure noticed a change in him afterwards, definately for the better.

Good luck and thanks for serving.

way to go !!!! mine was in '86. jan and feb at fort dix n.j. was -3F the day of rifle quals. still the best time of my life. thanks for taking your turn, from all that went before. i feel we left it in good hands. good luck to you.