Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock VS STI Edge for Limited

WildWest N AZ

Glock = $550 Edge + $2000

Glock Mags $30 STI Mags $120

Glock gunsmith = you STI Gunsmith = probably needs to be an actual 1911 gunsmith

If you are consistently beating people with STIs you have your answer

If you just want an STI, you should get an STI

Glock = $550 Edge + $2000

Glock Mags $30 STI Mags $120

Glock gunsmith = you STI Gunsmith = probably needs to be an actual 1911 gunsmith

If you are consistently beating people with STIs you have your answer

If you just want an STI, you should get an STI

This comming from a guy shooting a Beretta. :rolleyes: things that make ya go,,Huummm :roflol:

the sti and glocks are both great guns but very different. I dont think its a fair comparison between the two but both are more than capable of winning a match. As many have said, its the indian not the arrow.

I'll be running a G20 with a .40 conversion barrel installed next year. I ran it side by side with a SV I owned at the time. Much prefer the feel of the Glock. The SV was very heavy. The Glock is approx. 34oz with magwell and guide rod. When I start shooting it I will be goin head to head against my buddies shooting S_I's. We'll see if I can keep up.

Rick

sorry I dont get it

I shoot the Beretta, a Glock lately and a few 1911s (SS guns)

My berettas have only required springs every now and then and its easy to swap out parts as needed, Ive have like 18,000 rds through the 92 elite in the last 8 months.

so like I said I dont get it?

I started with a Glock and have moved to STI. After the switch to STI one of the greatest benefits for me was the adjustable sights. I used adjustable sights in the Glock, but never liked them because of the really tall front sight that I had to run. With the Glock I settled on the Sevigny sights and came to accept a slight variance in POI and POA. With the STI I run a Champion Deep Notch rear sight that has been widened to produce the same sight picture as the Sevigny sights. I can dial the sights in exactly the way I want them. I modified the grip on both guns to fit my hands.

Yes I have run Berettas in production on and off for a few years now.

I live in TN so the matches I attend are usually SC GA AL TN state matches and area 6. I also do a little 3 gun with it. Im normally the only guy cruising around with a Beretta (an Elite 92G). I have run it because it is a very fast and accurate gun for me and it requires virtually no maintenance. I have big hands and the gun fits me well.

Also I have a .22 kit and an airsoft gun for cheap practice. To me the gun feels the same as a CZ 75, and there are plenty of guys running those.

Having said all that, the only gun thats easier to work on and maintain is a Glock. While I currently shoot a Beretta much better than my G17, Im so impressed with the modularity of Glocks that Im trying to really stick with it. Additionally I plan on using Glocks for CCW in the future.

I shot 1911s for a while and still fool around with them(still love 1911s who doesnt), but I have had extractors and slide stops die, ramps need welding, etc and some of these parts had to be fit by a gun smith, or just generally figured out in order to run at all, so I am trying to shoot really low maintenace guns. Im a B class production and SS shooter and a D class gunsmith, so I am rocking the Glock

I have a buddy that shoots the 92 Elite. He is very fast with it. It never malfs. I also spend time on the Ben Stoeger web site. I like the way he shoots and his drills are helpful.

R

There is absolutely no proof that the STI will beat the Glock. Ask Jesse Abbate, oops she is shooting a S&W now. Ok, I've been beat by Glocks and just about every other brand of gun as well, truth is it is the Indian and not the bow. A friend of mine was shooting Glock and doing rather well he just switched to a STI Edge in 9 mm and he has imporved a lot over night, so the trigger has allowed him to shoot a lot faster, he went from a 40% match finish to a 70+% match finish and I'm having a hard time out running him now with my open gun. Another friend blew up his Para limited gun and switched to a Glock, cripes he beat me at the last match. So it is what works for you. I wil say the Edge is a great gun and its weight helps control recoil, its barrel and chamber let you run Moly bullets and long lenths, the trigger is more to my liking. Get one a find out.

I RO'ed Ben Stoeger that guy can shoot that Baretta, but I still don't like how they look.

• 2 weeks later...

I have both the STI Edge and a Glock 35 for Limited. They both have great qualities, but the Edge feels better to me. Shoot whatever gives you the best results.

I too have both, and after shooting them both the Glock 35 feels better to me. I did stemple it and add a custom beavertail, also added a JP magwell. When I grab it my hand just locks in place between the triggerguard and the magwell. I know the STI is a great gun mine runs and shoots 100% with the factory mags.looks like new what you see in the picture is some oil on the finish

post-7365-127569224806_thumb.jpg

post-7365-127569244766_thumb.jpg

Edited by usmc1974

• 4 years later...

Glock 35 with some little improvements (jet funnel handlle, thumb and tail rest, polished trigger) has worked very good for me, but not as great as CZ 75 TS. I have only a limited experience with Para Ordonance, so I can't tell you anything about 1911-2011 pistols.

Glock 35 with some little improvements (jet funnel handlle, thumb and tail rest, polished trigger) has worked very good for me, but not as great as CZ 75 TS. I have only a limited experience with Para Ordonance, so I can't tell you anything about 1911-2011 pistols.

you do realize the last post was almost 5 years ago, right? But people will continue to ask the question forever so I guess it doesn't' matter how old it gets..... :)

I tried a CZ TS in the store the other day and good lord what a nice light trigger! Do you have a Tanfo as well? I see an xtreme in your profile pic.....

• 1 year later...

2011's just feel better in the hand...especially with metal grips.  I like the heavier gun and they have the best triggers.  My 4k dollar guns make me shoot better.  At least thats what I tell my wife.  I would say shoot what ever makes you feel the most confident.   I dont like the feel of a plastic gun.  I think you would need to be a deathstalker before you could actually prove match time/point benefits of either platform.