Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro Grip lotion

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same reason that I switch to the Eric lotion.....not as messy on my gun and equipment.

I used to use the progrip, but it was messy on my gun, hands and would last for one stage, and had to keep reapplying before I shot the next stage. I guess what I am saying is there is no staying power. Then I have about 2 bottles in my bag that have solidified. When I practice if I wanted my hands to be dry all the time, I could see myself going through that whole bottle in one practice session. Now I just use "Cant say" grip enhancement and chalk and I am good for my entire practice session and or match.

• 4 years later...

Question for folks using any sort of liquid grip lotion or chalk powder stuff:

Have you ever had gun or magazine malfunctions due to the powders ended up on some part of your gun/magazine internals?

I tried chalk balls, Pro Grip and one other brand of lotion that I don't remember the name. All 3 of them caused the white powders to go everywhere, my shirt, pants, magazines, ammo, slide stop, magazine release, etc. Although I did not have any malfunctions when I tried them, it has always been on my mind.

I don't have sweaty palm. Unless it is the middle of Texas Summer I could get by without any grip enhancer. However, in July, August and September I truly felt the need to keep my hands dry. However, my OCD tendency leads me to think these powders could cause malfunctions during a match. Can someone please prove my fear is totally ungrounded?

Edited by MilkMyDuds

• 3 weeks later...

Also, what I found works great is to put hand sanatizer on first then apply the pro Grip.

I figured that out by accident. I went to the port o potty and used the sanatizer after then went back to my stage and applied Pro Grip. It seemed to be even dryer for longer.

Edited by bigboy69

Hello all, I started making Pro Grip in 1995 when I could not find anything I liked for my hands. I tried rosins and found them to sticky. I had a product I liked made outside the U.S. given out in a shooters packet at the Nationals (there used to be only one)it could no longer be imported because of the ingredients. Pro Grip bonds to the natural oils in your skin, a very dry skin or working mans hand would need more than someone with a softer hand/skin. If a lot is coming off on your gear you are probably over applying it. You should not rub it in, apply a small amount spread it around quickly and give it a bit to evaporate. I make the Pro Grip spray for softer hands or re application with out getting to heavy. I have never had an issue with handling magazines or ammunition. If your hand is sticky with Pro Grip it is probably reacting to a gun oil or something with a solvent base. If this happens somehow rinse or wash your hands and re apply. To help Pro Grip last in the bottle you should always shake well before use and close the top right away when finished. It was mentioned it was the same as Fast Grip which it Is not. I am glad people still like the product and thank you for using it. David Clark ty-6252

Edited by Build4u

Hello all, I started making Pro Grip in 1995 when I could not find anything I liked for my hands. I tried rosins and found them to sticky. I had a product I liked made outside the U.S. given out in a shooters packet at the Nationals (there used to be only one)it could no longer be imported because of the ingredients. Pro Grip bonds to the natural oils in your skin, a very dry skin or working mans hand would need more than someone with a softer hand/skin. If a lot is coming off on your gear you are probably over applying it. You should not rub it in, apply a small amount spread it around quickly and give it a bit to evaporate. I make the Pro Grip spray for softer hands or re application with out getting to heavy. I have never had an issue with handling magazines or ammunition. If your hand is sticky with Pro Grip it is probably reacting to a gun oil or something with a solvent base. If this happens somehow rinse or wash your hands and re apply. To help Pro Grip last in the bottle you should always shake well before use and close the top right away when finished. It was mentioned it was the same as Fast Grip which it Is not. I am glad people still like the product and thank you for using it. David Clark ty-6252

I find it gets sticky when mixed with sun block cream...

I chose not to wear sun block because of this BD

• 1 month later...