Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited or Production?

blackbird

Production is scored minor, no matter what ammo you're shooting. Limited, you can shoot major in .40 or higher caliber if your bullet weight in grains times velocity is greater than or equal to 165,000.

Minor scoring is (in points per area hit): 5/A, 3/B, 3/C, 1/D

Major scoring is: 5/A, 4/B, 4/C, 2/D

Steel is scored as 5 points.

Production is scored minor, no matter what ammo you're shooting. Limited, you can shoot major in .40 or higher caliber if your bullet weight in grains times velocity is greater than or equal to 165,000.

Minor scoring is (in points per area hit): 5/A, 3/B, 3/C, 1/D

Major scoring is: 5/A, 4/B, 4/C, 2/D

Steel is scored as 5 points.

So if someone was shooting 9mm why would they shoot limited?

9mm has less recoil and more mag capacity by about 3-4 rounds and is cheaper to shoot. If you shoot all A's anyways, there's no change in score. However, if you shoot like I do, you end up dropping a lot of points if you tend to shoot a lot of C's and D's.

Brad

9mm has less recoil and more mag capacity by about 3-4 rounds and is cheaper to shoot. If you shoot all A's anyways, there's no change in score. However, if you shoot like I do, you end up dropping a lot of points if you tend to shoot a lot of C's and D's.

Brad

Okay, I think I get it now. Thanks for your help :)

It is fun to step up to the line with 23 rounds in the gun shooting 9mm minor Limited vs throwing magazines all over like Production. Makes stage planning a whole lot easer.

That said points are both your friend and enemy shooting minor in limited class.

The primary difference is a $550 platic gun being competitive, versus a $2,000 STI if you want to be like all the other cool kids in Limited.

My Glock has proven to be more than competitive in limited. However, it has a lot more than $550 sunk into it to get it there. ;)

Yeah! ..... well, I'll believe it when I actually see it. :rolleyes:

(I think he's a-scared) :ph34r:

It's a good thing I like your former 35 as much as I do --- otherwise I'd be tempted to sell it to Bender cheap, just for the satisfaction of hearing how he whipped your butt, with your former blaster..... :P :P

It's a good thing I like your former 35 as much as I do --- otherwise I'd be tempted to sell it to Bender cheap, just for the satisfaction of hearing how he whipped your butt, with your former blaster..... :P :P

Now that you mention it Nik when I still owned it, I used to think that was the "perfect Glock Limited gun". Nice brass magwell (not too big / not too small) , nice grip job, nice sights, etc.

Shoot us a picture of it when you get a chance. :)

Edited by Chris Keen

Heh, I have a G35 and shoot both Prod and Limited.... I can't help it, I like both.

It's just a matter of swapping triggers, the magwell and adjusting the amount of Solo 1000 used with the BBI 180's ;)

Hoping to make C class in both by the end of the season.

Heh, I have a G35 and shoot both Prod and Limited.... I can't help it, I like both.

It's just a matter of swapping triggers, the magwell and adjusting the amount of Solo 1000 used with the BBI 180's ;)

Hoping to make C class in both by the end of the season.

Why swap triggers?

Prod trigger is the one that comes with the gun, the one for Limited is a Vanek super trigger not legal in Production.

Why wouldn't the Vanek Super Trigger be legal in Production? Is it one of the older ones with the pin location moved to limit pre-travel? R,

Edited by G-ManBart

This is a newer one, I think the Vanik "Classic" is the Prod legal one.

Prod trigger is the one that comes with the gun, the one for Limited is a Vanek super trigger not legal in Production.

Why wouldn't the Vanek Super Trigger be legal in Production? Is it one of the older ones with the pin location moved to limit pre-travel? R,

This is a newer one, I think the Vanik "Classic" is the Prod legal one.

I only asked because I read somewhere in another thread that the current Super Trigger doesn't have external mods (pin hole movement) and are Production legal...hard to track changes like that unless you're right on top of them.