Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What kind of precision to expect from SP01 Tactical?

Qbert

I'm thinking of picking up a LNIB SP01 Tactical (I'd prefer to not have the decocker, but the price is right). I'm just curious what kind of 25 yard groups this pistol is capable of.

I'm thinking of picking up a LNIB SP01 Tactical (I'd prefer to not have the decocker, but the price is right). I'm just curious what kind of 25 yard groups this pistol is capable of.

Sub inch groups should be easy with quality ammo or handloads off a benchrest.

Seriously? That's outstanding if so...I mean bullseye gun quality! Thanks for your input.

You need to use RN bullets or load real short like 1.10. Any JHP TC or FP rams against the rifling if loaded any longer.

I shot my SP01 this weekend for the first time with my reloads. 4.3 gr or titegroup with 125gr Zero JHP was giving me 1130 FPS. Temp was in the mid 30's. So I will be dropping to 4.0 or 4.1. I also had an OAL of 1.1".

YMMV

I have had great results with Precsion Delta 124grFMJ with 5.0gr Unique out of my SP-01 Tactical. Almost no smoke and it has been burning pretty clean. I clean mine about every 3-4 hundred round with no FTF or FTEs. I know people don't like Unique because they say it dirties the gun faster but you can't really turn your nose up when it was $50 for a 8lb. keg.

Jason B)

For those not familiar with the target she was shooting, it's an ISU smallbore rifle target typically set at 15M. The 9 ring is the inner most ring, and the dot in the middle is the 10 "ring". A .22 bullet just fits side the 9 ring without damaging the white lines, and the 10 "ring" is the size of a pinhole. Now consider that target was 50 feet way.

(I wish I could shoot that well with offhand with my smallbore rifle.)