Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am due for a phone upgrade. I currently have a Blackjack II which has been OK. I have not been thrilled about the web browsing capability. The email functions have been OK. I personally think the camera function sucks. I really do not like the fact that accessories are limited for it - i.e. a quality case. I really do not need much access to business apps from a phone.

So, now that the Iphone has been out a while, what are your thoughts on it? How about this Motorola Droid? Any other thoughts/recommendations. thanks.

I like the Droid. The navigation is incredible. My GPS died about the same time as my previous phone so I killed 2 birds with one phone.

I've only found two negatives. The microphone pickup is partially blocked by most cases you put on and it is in a bad location, anyway. Several people have had a hard time hearing me and I'm not a quiet person. The battery life isn't too consistent (for me). It works like my gas gauge...150 miles to move off Full then another 150 miles to hit empty.

Mike I have NOT had any of the problems you mentioned. I have a Bodyglove case on my ERIS DROID, and I think the mic/call quality is BETTER than most phones.

I also agree with you on the GPS/Navigation benefits of the DROID. Outstanding navigation!!!!

Love my DROID too. I am running 2.1 and over clocked etc and I can get a good 18 hour day from a charge. Of course I am really working it a lot during the day. If I tone it down I can get 2 days from it.

Mike I have NOT had any of the problems you mentioned. I have a Bodyglove case on my ERIS DROID, and I think the mic/call quality is BETTER than most phones.

I also agree with you on the GPS/Navigation benefits of the DROID. Outstanding navigation!!!!

When I got my Droid, I thought that I wanted the slide-out keyboard. It turns out that the buttons are too small for me. I regret not getting the Eris, instead.

I'll cast a vote for the iPhone. I've had mine for several months, and it's capable enough that I can take a short business trip and leave my laptop at home. Usable internet, weather, GPS, shot timer, scorer, work with Word and Excel docs, intuitive interface, iPod, etc. A bajillion apps in the app store let you pretty much set the iPhone up to do whatever you want it to do.

Note that I'm not an Apple fan. The iPhone and iPod are the only Apple gizmos in the house or the office. But they got those two devices right, and there's a lot of functionality packed into those little boxes. I also like th eauto-synch and backup functions of iTunes. There's a time and place for easy, and plugging my iPhone into the computer once every few days to backup and synch couldn't be easier.

I have been shopping the phones offered by ATT&T - I have AT&T and do not want to change service. Looks like the Droid is not offered by AT&T. <_< Will, I need to keep looking.

See if they offer the HTC Hero, Incredible, or Desire. They're pretty much all the same as the Droid Eris.

Well, I decided to try the iPhone....for now..it seems to have more features that I can play with. I also won't have to carry my iPod with me. I got 30 days to decide if I like it. I know my wife does.. :blink:

Update - Guys, I love the IPhone!! It makes managing multiple email accounts so much easier for me. I really do not need it as much for business apps as I do to have access to the internet and email. I am sold!

Here's the kicker. When I was at the AT&T store getting the phone, AT&T emailed our account administrator (my wife) to confirm the purchase. She calls me and says that someone has hacked our account and is trying to buy an Iphone. I told her not to worry that I would take care of it. She insists that it be done now and states that she is going to call AT&T. I tell her to let me handle it. Finally, I had to fess up and tell her that I was at the AT&T store buying the phone. :blush: So, now I have to get her one. :blink:

Kudos on the iPhone.

It Verizon ever gets the iPhone, I will move away from my BB.

The only thing that keeps the BB fun, I'm installing hybrid OS's every couple of weeks. Other than that, it's pretty lame.

If you dont mind making it a little bulkier, get an Otterbox Defender case for your Iphone. I have have my gen 1 for 3 yrs and its still going after many many drops. i love that setup!

Already got the Otterbox. I don't mind the bulk because I would destroygtge phone without it. It is essential.

If you dont mind making it a little bulkier, get an Otterbox Defender case for your Iphone. I have have my gen 1 for 3 yrs and its still going after many many drops. i love that setup!

Already got the Otterbox. I don't mind the bulk because I would destroygtge phone without it. It is essential.

:D

I am due for a phone upgrade. I currently have a Blackjack II which has been OK. I have not been thrilled about the web browsing capability. The email functions have been OK. I personally think the camera function sucks. I really do not like the fact that accessories are limited for it - i.e. a quality case. I really do not need much access to business apps from a phone.

So, now that the Iphone has been out a while, what are your thoughts on it? How about this Motorola Droid? Any other thoughts/recommendations. thanks.

I have the iPhone my wife tried the Droid she took it back switched to AT&T and got the iPhone no contest in MHI