Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GA State USPSA Championship Match

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's, "Range Reaper".

I'm going to put a Magnifying glass in my bag so the "Range Reaper" can see the grease ring around the

Overlay. sight.gifroflol.gifroflol.gifroflol.gif

Your best bet is to put a grease pencil in your bag, in case there is no grease ring to examine....just like last time.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard about squadding for this match yet? Sent in the app last month and haven't heard anything yet. It's a little over 5 weeks away and I'm curious if my buddy and I got our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice. For that matter, I didn't make a copy and now can't remember what order I put them in! :surprise:

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of updates...

The primary stage designer, Jimmy Nortz, put together some great stages. We've received DNROI's blessing on the stages so they're good to go. It looks like a good mix of skills will be needed! I forgot to ask Mark if they would be posted to the match website before the match but I suspect they will. As soon as I have something solid on that we'll let you know.

I just spoke to our MD Mark Leeber and he was working on the squadding when I called. Be looking for a response very soon (probably via email) on your match applications.

We've got a number of volunteers offering to RO the match, but ROs are like money -- you can never have too much.

More soon.

My class and division for the match will soon change. Is it worth of bugging the MD for it on match day or, can I simply strike through and pencil in the correct information? I'm sure he is busy planning the match and that seems rather trivial.

Edited by DyNo!

My class and division for the match will soon change. Is it worth of bugging the MD for or on match day, can I simply strike through and pencil in the correct information? I'm sure he is busy planning the match and that seems rather trivial.

Any changes in classification will be captured by the Stats officer. As a habit, Bill downloads the latest Classification update into his match just before the match begins.

As for changing Division, send Mark an email or send it to me and I'll see he gets it.

Well, looks like the GA match is going to be my first match in my new home of Area 6.

After 9 years of active duty military, I finally made the decision to move back home, settle down, and raise a family.

I have a surgery scheduled for August 27, and I get the confirmation on the 25th, so I have to wait until then to get my application in. It's already filled out and waiting to be mailed.

Hope all goes as planned and I get to shoot the match.

See you guys there.....I hope.

BSG

Well, GA state is right around the corner! The first wave of squadding as been entered and there is plenty of room left in all time slots. I don't think we have ever had to deny anyone their first choice and I do not see this year being any different. For those who are going to modify their squadding online, please remember that Friday is for ROs and selected contestants who have cleared their Friday slot with me first. We still have ROs to enter and need to make sure there is room for them on Friday. I hope to have all entries thru yesterday up tonight. Kevin is diligently working on getting the stages and matchbook on the web site and Jeffrey is processing apps and procuring shirts. The rest of the team is anxiously waiting for setup day; should be another great match!

As many of you know September 11 marks the anniversary of the attacks on America. We will be honoring those who gave their lives on this day; Red, White and Blue will be the order of the weekend as we remember those who have died for our Country and as we participate in a sport that is representative of the freedoms we all defend and enjoy.

I look forward to seeing all of you there!

Thanks!

Mark

Ladies and Gents,

If I inadvertently mis-squadded you please let me know. It was late when I did it and the curse of the reading glasses is progressing to a point that I must be getting old. Everyone should have been squadded in their first choice of time slot. If I erred please feel free to re-squad yourself or drop me a note and I will fix it.

Thanks!

Mark