Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cr speed belt help

Delray

I bought a CR speed belt and when it arrived I was surprised to see that there were two belts included. Belt #1 is a somewhat flexible belt and belt #2 is a much less flexible belt.

I was able to put my limcat holster and safarlland mag pouches on #1 with the help of a vise and some tugging but I can seem to determine what to use #2 for. I thought it might wrap around #1 but the mag pouches get in the way. The belt did not come with instructions FWIW. Any ideas?

The inner belt (the one with the velcro facing out) is intended to be used through your belt loops. Do not mount your holster or mag pouches on this belt.

The outer belt holds all of your gear, and it velcro mounts to the inner belt - over the belt loops on your pants. The advantage of this setup is that it allows you to use the inner as a regular belt (though it can be hard on car seat fabric!) then you can 'suit up' at the range simply by 'sticking' the outer belt with your gear already installed to the inner belt.

I don't have a Limcat (I use a Ghost and DOH), but most competition holsters and mag pouches have adjustable tension screws on the mounts to allow you to intall, locate where you want, then tighten down to hold in place.

I mark my outer belt with white tape to mark the exact location of my accessories (so I can re-install them correctly if needed to remove for maintenance, or if they get loose) as well as a mark on the inner and outer belt so I can get them aligned properly when I'm in a hurry.

Hope that is clear...

Barry

Edited by dbarrym

Also - I don't know much about the safari land gear - but if there are large areas covering the velcro of the outer belt in the mag pouches - it might help you to put some heavy duty velcro on the inner mounting area to help engage the inner belt. When I first setup my production rig with 6 mag pouches - i had nearly 8 inches of smooth plastic running from my left hip bone to my kidney. I few $$ of velcro made it all nice and tight.

Thanks guys. That does clear things up a bit. The limcat does not have a tension screw but the mag pouches do. The limcat seems too small to fit on the outer belt but I will try again.

Hello: Just to let you know most people put the outer belt so that the open ends are at the back. That way they can put one of the mag holders towards there centerline. I am right handed and have the outer belt overlap towards the left side. That is right side end over left side end. Make sense? Thanks, Eric

For Open, Limited, Limited 10, and Revolver I have the ends in back but for Single Stack I put the ends in front. If you intend to shoot Single Stack or Production you will want the ends in front.

Brian

Hello: If you want the gamer way for Production and Single Stack put the overlap under the holster :devil: Thanks, Eric

Eric, thats not true. It has been beat to death on here that the measurement is from the inner side of the inside belt. I had set mine up that way and had to move it. I don't know the link but there is a lengthy debate somewhere around here regarding the decision.

• 1 month later...

I moved the overlapping ends in the back after I tried to pull out a mag during a stage and the belt/mag pouch came with it. I know that there is a piece that comes with the belt to prevent the ends from coming apart like that, but how many use it?

A friend of mine had his belt come off during a major 3 gun match and was DQ'ed. :(