Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey everyone, just to let you know if you are interested in the 3-Gun Nation tournament series and would like to sign up, we'll be on hand at Thursday's registration at Superstition Mountain. Its free to sign up. We'll tally your scores at the end of the match to count them towards our series – as well as the top 8 slots for our shoot off. We'll have $5k for the winner plus other prizes. Our cameras will be on hand all weekend collecting footage for 3-Gun Nation TV coming to Versus this July. Hope you have a good match... Thanks! - Pete

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good question about the staff. If you'd like, go ahead and fax your entry form to us if you are a staffer. This way its in our hands ahead of time. eFax: 1 877-811-0642.

Otherwise, I think its safe to say that match staff can just turn in your entry form after you shoot. However, I'll double check and re-post on that one tomorrow.

Yes, the shoot off will take place immediately following the arbitration period. We will start announcing the competitors and drawing the match ups before hand so we can be ready to go just as soon as the arbitration period is complete.

So then awards will be after the shoot-off? Won't that add a few hours to Sunday? Some people with flights may want to know the expected time the day will end.

3Gun-Nation-Logo.jpg

Man I wish I lived in the mid-west! This would be so much fun.

Hopefully all the new TV time will help 3-Gun, and the shooting sports in general, gain even greater respect and acceptance (as well as attract new shooters).

Edited by rr4406pak

On another note, we started our own YouTube Channel, and our web site is coming out in about a week which will include a bunch of bonus footage from each event. So check it out when Superstititon is over, we'll be posting vids directly after. It will all be shot broadcast quality so good clarity and audio, you may see yourself or your friends on there (that is if my cams don't become part of the target array).

How many stages is this side match. I had heard it was 4 is that correct??

I don't believe it is a "side match".

The 3Gun Nation crew are working to have a near-zero footprint at the 5 events.

At each event, 4 stages of the regular match will be used for the program.

It would be my guess that these 4 stages will have embedded cameras.

These 4 stages (based on competitors score) will be used to determine who will compete in the shoot-off.

The shoot-off's are to be held during the regular match's scoring arbitration period.

What the shoot-off stage or stages will be, is anyones guess.

If you are shooting the match please sign-up! It is free.

Patrick

How many stages is this side match. I had heard it was 4 is that correct??

I don't believe it is a "side match".

The 3Gun Nation crew are working to have a near-zero footprint at the 5 events.

At each event, 4 stages of the regular match will be used for the program.

It would be my guess that these 4 stages will have embedded cameras.

These 4 stages (based on competitors score) will be used to determine who will compete in the shoot-off.

The shoot-off's are to be held during the regular match's scoring arbitration period.

What the shoot-off stage or stages will be, is anyones guess.

If you are shooting the match please sign-up! It is free.

Patrick

Ok that make more sense as I just couldn't figure out how the heck they were going to run 4 stages with 50 or more shooters in the arbitration period. Oh ya I will sign up as I love shoot offs as they are more fun than the match sometimes!! See you there Patrick

B

I was told that the ENTIRE MATCH was to be used for scoring, and the winners of each division (and a few more from TS) would be in the shoot-offs. Taking part of the match and declaring them the winners doesn't make sense, as the performance of a shooter throughout the entire match is what counts...

they may be filming only 4 stages, but they need to use the scores from the entire match.

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

This explains how they're doing it:

http://www.3gunnation.com/3GunNation-2010Tour.pdf

Each of the (4) designated stages in the qualifying events will be worth a total of 100 points. First

Place for each stage in each division, will receive 100 points; Second Place and below will be figured

by points-on-a-percentage basis of the 100 points from 1st Place calculated by percentage – comparing

their score against the top competitor’s score within the division.

I was told that the ENTIRE MATCH was to be used for scoring, and the winners of each division (and a few more from TS) would be in the shoot-offs. Taking part of the match and declaring them the winners doesn't make sense, as the performance of a shooter throughout the entire match is what counts...

they may be filming only 4 stages, but they need to use the scores from the entire match.

jj

There are two different shoot-offs.

The whole match will decide who gets to participate in the _match_ shoot-off.

The participants for the September shoot-off will be decided based on your scores for the 4-5 stages for your best three out of the five matches.

or that's how I understood it...

Do you have to shoot 3 of the 5 matches to sign up? I'm only going to be at one of the events.

No, anyone can sign up and make the shoot off for the $5k. If you want to qualify for the Championship event you need to shoot at least 3 out of the 5 matches.

Each match will have 1 shoot off. We plan on it taking an hour – or hopefully less. We set this up in an attempt to have a minimal impact on the form and flow of the match itself.

The series of matches (5) will determine the final roster for the Championship (the number we have now is the top 64, but will confirm soon). One of the reasons we went with 4 stages was to pick stages at each match which used all 3 guns – and focus on them as our 3GN points generators. This will help us highlight what the context of the 3GN tournament series and TV show is all about – and what helps to highlight how 3-Gun is different and unique from other shooting sports. The whole match and the overall match winner will be covered, not strictly the 4 points stages and the 3GN shoot off winner. We will not declare the 3GN winner the match winner. It is important to show how large and diverse each match is – and skill sets involved beyond just the 4 3GN stages.

Each episode has roughly 22 min. of run time, so we will have our work cut out for us, but we will be looking at the entire sport and each match from head to toe.

Hey Folks, just a reminder we'll be on hand at registration for Superstition Mountain on Thursday all day. Its FREE of charge and even if you don't make the shoot-off, your points are counted towards the series. We're taking the top 64 for the championship where we'll be giving away $25k for first place, $10k for 2nd place and $5k for third place. CASH. We're also putting together a prize package which will include SureFire, FNH and Federal, Leupold products.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for such a great match at Superstition Mountain. It was great to see everybody and we had a lot of fun. Superstition staff, RO's, Scorekeepers, Dan Furbee, Polle, so many people who work so hard for a first class match. We were really proud to be a part of it and we hope everyone had a good time. Computer crashes aside, the match went great and I hope we can be a part of it again next year. We'll be posting videos this week!