Lets see you IDPA ESP guns

stryfox

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice guns. What is the big difference between SSP and ESP, what is the closest gun to ESP without crossing that line?

SSP guns must be almost box stock. You can do some internal trigger work and reliability work as long as the outward appearance stays stock and you can change the sights to something better as long as they are still essentially a notch and post configuration. SSP guns must be double action or "safe action" type semi autos.

ESP guns can have the above plus exterior and cosmetic alterations within the IDPA weight and size limits...and a few other restrictions. ESP guns can be double or single action.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooh another P-35. I thought I was the only one.

That's actually one of 3 that I've done recently for local IDPA shooters. One was for a friend's wife and she shoots with it in a BladeTech DOH; her husband gets jealous because her draw is so much faster now.

That's actually one of 3 that I've done recently for local IDPA shooters. One was for a friend's wife and she shoots with it in a BladeTech DOH; her husband gets jealous because her draw is so much faster now.

Do you have a website I can check out?

Do you have a website I can check out?

Sent you a PM

got a duo tone set up the same as yours Edwin

I really want (read: need) a mag well but I really don't want to cut 1/4" off the frame to weld on a magwell. This gun is the one that saved my grandfather's life and it's 50 years old. Too much sentimental value and history to do anything permanent to it. I already blow my budget every month keeping me supplied for ammo and match fees, otherwise I would buy a Practical model at my local pawn shop and really make a nice ESP/Limited Minor competition Hi Power.

This really is a rich person's game and I'm not really able to keep up. I honestly wouldn't be able to start this sport had I not inherited the Hi Power and was gifted my single stage press.

Unfortunately there is not enough people using Hipowers out there in competition for anyone to make one that doesn't require welding a Techwell style would be best but again probably not enough $$ in it. I'm actually trying to find out if another manufacturers magwell would fit.

Edited by terrydoc