Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

it's amazing

usmc1974

It is amazing. The 1911 really is a first generation auto pistol. Its contemporaries, the Broomhandle Mauser, P.08 Parabellum, etc. are today seen as curios. Respected for their beauty and place and history, to be sure, but no one but a true eccentric would make a Broomie or a Luger their first choice defensive handgun the early 21st Century. But the 1911 is still vital, and there are many very well-qualified people who still consider it the best thing of its type. Amazing. :)

I concur! For all its quirks, I've found nothing with the ergonomics of this 2 1/2 lb hunk of steel. A hundred years has brought us many developments, but no pistol that has the true feel of the 1911.

Many have tried, all have had some degree of success, but no other pistol feels as good in my hand as a good 1911.

Cheers to JMB :bow:

Hello,

I also love the 1911. I have a problem since I carry either a 1911 or a Glock and now M&P has me all confused. I just love em' all, especially in .45 ACP. Wearing my Wilson govt now but will put on the G-30 or G-23 when I go out with the snow blower tomorrow morning. Less levers especially with all my gloves and coats and such. A HK Mark 23 would work with my gloves but that bad boy is big.

JMB did a good job, with the 1911 and many other inventions. His BMG .50 cal is still kicking butt...and probably always will...speaking mainly of the Ma Deuce and what a wicked woman she can be in the correct hands.

Later, Lumpy.

Edited by Lumpy McSoo

Don't own one, don't like they way they look, and don't like the thin grip. Not to take anything away from you guys or JMB. I do appreciate the design as I am a huge fan of the double stack STI's. It is pretty amazing that we're pushing 100 years and it's still regarded as the best of the best.

"It is pretty amazing that we're pushing 100 years and it's still regarded as the best of the best."
Perhaps there's a reason (or two) for that.

No doubt there are many reasons for that. Factually, it's regarded as the best. Personally, It doesn't fit my hand so well and is not very attractive to my eye. That's OK right? When new shooters ask which gun would be best, we tell them to find a gun that best fits their hand. This is just not one for me. (Sorry for being a detractor. I guess I should've kept my mouth shut in the first place.)

"It doesn't fit my hand so well and is not very attractive to my eye."
I can say that very thing (word for word) about the Glock, and yet zillions of otherwise decent, intelligent shooters like the Glock... and I have no problem with their choice (other than disagreeing with it). I'm just kinda hard-core about the 1911 (if you hadn't guessed). :P