Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New IFG “LimPro” update

Kamkaze

Man is it going to get confusing soon with more small frames.  Now you can about guarantee your looking at a large frame in the US...with these it will get muddled up.

To me, the larger frame is the only reason to go with Tanfo over CZ.  The somewhat simpler design is just a bonus.

Edited by LeviSS

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, yigal said:

A friend, who recently visited their factory brought me the new catalog
And this model appears there in chrome plating and sa trigger under name  " limited."
he was very impressed from their manufacturing methods  and workers  professional  skills . i asked him about problems in tan. guns that i saw in this
forum and he said that it was in the past and they solve them  in all new models.
we received few new guns  all small frames from tan. and  from what i saw  after i checked them  it's  another  league . (all black finish)

שליחת הצעה לעריכה

Good news my friend!

Maybe if IFG is allowed long barrel stock 2, i'll find out.

3 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Good news my friend!

Maybe if IFG is allowed long barrel stock 2, i'll find out.

in tan. they call long version of stock 2  " australian" model

one of this  new models  run in ours shooting club perfectly.

10 hours ago, je85 said:

Kamkaze Will the Stock 2 long be imported 1st quarter too?

1st quarter I highly doubt, they are talking with Tanfoglio about it now and will do so at SHOT.  The important thing at this point is for you and anyone else interested in the Stock 2L “Australian” to email Tanfoglio directly in Italy and tell them you want IFG to import it.

info@tanfoglio.it

Edited by Kamkaze

11 minutes ago, Kamkaze said:

1st quarter I highly doubt, they are talking with Tanfoglio about it now and will do so at SHOT.  The important thing at this point is for you and anyone else interested in the Stock 2L “Australian” to email Tanfoglio directly in Italy and tell them you want IFG to import it.

info@tanfoglio.it

I did ! Everyone else should too.

We have large and small frame.
Small frame is the best seller in Canada and most people will take a small vs large all day long, in 9mm.

Large frame is the whole appeal for me; otherwise I'd just shoot a CZ.

Americans have man sized hands.

3 hours ago, wtturn said:

Large frame is the whole appeal for me; otherwise I'd just shoot a CZ.

Americans have man sized hands.

I Agree with you!! if i wanted a small frame I would be shooting the shadow 2

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Why is that?

Deeper undercut beaver tail allows for a slightly higher grip and better leverage.

The "grip size"  is essentially identical exterior.

12 hours ago, Avenida said:

We have large and small frame.

Small frame is the best seller in Canada and most people will take a small vs large all day long, in 9mm.

@Avenida , would you put up some photos measurements showing large and small dimensions? (Thanks)

26 minutes ago, yigal said:

The relief cut in slide engage only  2.5 locking  lugs instead of full 3.    and it's ........ugly :lol:

CZ mag compatabiltiy isn’t relevant when all your mags are Glock and M&P and Walther like me. ? 

But. Are you saying the short frame guns have more locking lugs between slide and barrel? That could matter to some. Maybe the gun would need 123,000 rounds to wear out, instead of 98,00...

11 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

CZ mag compatabiltiy isn’t relevant when all your mags are Glock and M&P and Walther like me. ? 

But. Are you saying the short frame guns have more locking lugs between slide and barrel? That could matter to some. Maybe the gun would need 123,000 rounds to wear out, instead of 98,00...

It is a small frame. Never seen a small frame version. Guess I may see them soon. 

The mag change and trigger guard should make them easy to spot. 

Do any of the small frame guns have a square trigger guard?

3 hours ago, Endall said:

It is a small frame. Never seen a small frame version. Guess I may see them soon. 

It's still a competition frame. (Square trigger guard)

There seems to be a lot of confusion on small vs large frame. This terminology is used to determine what magazines it uses. It has nothing to do with their actual frame size. A "small" frame Tanfo means it uses CZ mags and the reloads are more forgiving because of it.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on small vs large frame. This terminology is used to determine what magazines it uses. It has nothing to do with their actual frame size. A "small" frame Tanfo means it uses CZ mags and the reloads are more forgiving because of it.
Interesting

7 hours ago, Endall said:

Yes it still has a trigger guard.