Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Refinish of SVI

JGH

10 hours ago, Scott Steele said:

Talk to Brent at Infinity and see what they can do for you.

I'm pretty sure that if it's an older non-factory built gun, they aren't going to mess with it.  But doesn't hurt to ask if that's what you want.  DLC refinish will cost you $400+. 

2 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

I'm pretty sure that if it's an older non-factory built gun, they aren't going to mess with it.  But doesn't hurt to ask if that's what you want.  DLC refinish will cost you $400+. 

Yikes! Send it to APW and get it hard chromed for $225

5 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Sarge,

I've only use Tripp for HC.  Is APW good to go with tightly fitted guns?  

I have not had a problem with mine. Matt and another local builder use them with no issue. They also do a lot of factory work. For a nominal fee they will tear down and reassemble and make sure it’s right.

21 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I have not had a problem with mine. Matt and another local builder use them with no issue. They also do a lot of factory work. For a nominal fee they will tear down and reassemble and make sure it’s right.

I've got a Springfield Pro that I'd like to have hard chromed one day.  This is good to know.  

H&M black nitride is pretty durable.  Can't really say on rust prevention because I tend to keep my guns cleaned and oiled with Sheath (aka Barricade).  So I never have a problem with rust.  As for hard chrome, Virgil does very nice work.  But I thought he was out of the chrome business.  

10 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

H&M black nitride is pretty durable.  Can't really say on rust prevention because I tend to keep my guns cleaned and oiled with Sheath (aka Barricade).  So I never have a problem with rust.  As for hard chrome, Virgil does very nice work.  But I thought he was out of the chrome business.  

I haven't use him in several years, but he was still doing hard chrome for some of us Texas folks even after his site said he'd stopped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 7:29 PM, ltdmstr said:

I sent back an older, late 90's era 40CAL.  SV rebuilt, refinished, and ensure it was running perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...
Send to us for black nitride. Surface hardness is insane, but can rust if you're not the type that keeps up with a good coat of oil on your stuff. 

This sounds like a great option.

JGH, what did you end up doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...