Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AA#7

b18prl

Never tried it with 9 major though. I'm getting another gun built and will be 9 major. Just wanna see if it's optimum with 9 major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9mm case holds 13.8 grains of AA#7 full to the top.

I tried a little a few months ago and while it shot nice, it was very dirty in a gritty way. Had 1 malfunction where some of the unburnt particles got into my trigger bow area and limiting trigger travel so that I could not break shot. Not for me.

Im ditching all of my autocomp and only shooting AA7 from here on out. Thats the plan at least.

10.5 under a 115mg jhp was right at 170-172pf over the chrono yesterday in 80degrees F. I dont know if this powder is temp sensitive. I only just started using it. My particular Barrel seems to be slow though.

Edited by Shmella

7 hours ago, Shmella said:

Im ditching all of my autocomp and only shooting AA7 from here on out. Thats the plan at least.

10.5 under a 115mg jhp was right at 170-172pf over the chrono yesterday in 80degrees F. I dont know if this powder is temp sensitive. I only just started using it. My particular Barrel seems to be slow though.

That is about the same result I had with it. Seemed like a pretty good option.

5 hours ago, Desmo412 said:

10.5 under a 115jhp in my 9major open gun with 2 holes was the best shooting load I have found other than the old HS7. It never seemed overly dirty to me

Ditto in the best load I've tried, not overly dirty at all.  Never tried hs7 though. 

Edited by Shmella

Benny Hill gave me a load for AA#7 for 38 super using 115gr. He told me to load 11.3-11.5 I tried it and it worked great. It was a little too dirty for me but I never shot more than 8 stages at a time with that powder.  Once I saw how dirty it got my gun, I don't know if it would last a long match like 12-14 stages all at once. You might need to clean it in between. My gun has a Brazos Thunder comp 2 on it with no popple holes. Now I am using an Akai V8 with HS6 and of course that feels awesome  

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2017 at 8:08 PM, ar15rick said:

Benny Hill gave me a load for AA#7 for 38 super using 115gr. He told me to load 11.3-11.5 I tried it and it worked great. It was a little too dirty for me but I never shot more than 8 stages at a time with that powder.  Once I saw how dirty it got my gun, I don't know if it would last a long match like 12-14 stages all at once. You might need to clean it in between. My gun has a Brazos Thunder comp 2 on it with no popple holes. Now I am using an Akai V8 with HS6 and of course that feels awesome  

I tried it in my 9 major after hearing the same thing from ole Benny.  I live in the Corpus area so shoot with him a bit and I get an earful anytime I use something that he doesn't use lol. 

It did shoot good but it was a bit filthy for me. 

However he will tell you his gun always ran 100% even when it was filthy. I take it all with a grain of salt and use what I like. ?

9.9 grains, 115 xtreme HPCB, cci spp ,oal 1.160. Makes 172 pf (10 shot average) out of my Czechmate and so far I like it. Did some slow motion video and I can see all the ports in the comp venting gas. Shoots very nice, reminds me of shooting N105 124 grain loads in 38 super.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Im out of 3n38 for my SV 9 major and  don't feel like making an order from powder valley for just one jug so  im gonna try some AA7 and 115 PD's tomorrow. got a bunch loaded at 10.6 to try out. also gonna compare to 9.2 of HS-6 as well. see which one I can use as a backup to my 3n38 loads. I feel spoiled loaded AA7 and HS6 as the powder doesn't come close to the top of the case like 3n38. a nice change.  

When I started shooting USPSA in 1994, I heard of AA7 eroding barrels in only a couple thousand rounds. Anecdotal only. Don't know of many (or any) using it near me. Lots of good powders out there like HS6, Autocomp, Silhouette, to use a suspect powder. 

1 hour ago, OPENB said:

When I started shooting USPSA in 1994, I heard of AA7 eroding barrels in only a couple thousand rounds. Anecdotal only. Don't know of many (or any) using it near me. Lots of good powders out there like HS6, Autocomp, Silhouette, to use a suspect powder. 

Here is a pic from the slow motion. You can see the bullet streak as well as the gas coming from the comp ports, plus the blow by as well. Looked cool so I thought I would share.

FYI pickup truck beds make great brass catchers [emoji16] .c591ee98cf024741d07b81eee4191a01.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, MrPostman said:

Here is a pic from the slow motion. You can see the bullet streak as well as the gas coming from the comp ports, plus the blow by as well. Looked cool so I thought I would share.

Nice pic! Thanks.