Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 1050 Autodrive

Another overlooked advantage on the Mk7 is that it can be used with both the RL1050 and the Super. The chain drive systems that I am aware of cannot be use with the RL's.

That is the disadvantage to the rotary is that they pretty much change a Super into an RL but yes Craig makes them for both.

That must be new. When I started looking last year, Craig would not do an RL. He told me to sell it and buy a Super.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where are you ano?

I'm in Australia and our dollar has taken a huge dive which is holding me back.

Norway.... its costing me 40-50% more with norwegian krone beeing worth 0 since its all oil money here :( Its expensive as hell for me, at least I put the order through and hit a lowspot on friday, at 8.08, its been at a 8.54 for me a long time.

That must be new. When I started looking last year, Craig would not do an RL. He told me to sell it and buy a Super.

Might be new that he quit making them.

The center conversion is a super the one on the left is for an RL but that was back in 2013.

post-6631-0-08183600-1371693927.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wowie, its out for delivery allready, thats gotto be some kind of record, sadly Im overseas, but my freigh forwarder said they can probably have it in the country here on monday, then local post will probably use a while .. so.. maybe 1 week from now is realistic to have it and try it.

The ammobot is nowhere near the same thing. Watch the videos, look at the control systems, the Mk7 is a huge step up.

It's not $1600 worth of difference!!

Are you sure? Have you used both?

Just that sound from the Ammobot would drive me crazy. That alone is worth the price difference for me.

Edited by Shadyscott999

Just that sound from the Ammobot would drive me crazy. That alone is worth the price difference for me.

Yep. Mk7 is salty but no way did I want to spend a grand or more for an autodrive and then wish I had bought the nicer one. Ammobot looks like a good option but if you have the funds for the Mk7, I think it has some nice features which are worth the additional cost.

I received mine on Monday and it looks very well done. Had to leave for a business trip so I haven't had a chance to run it yet.

Edited by TDH

Mine has arrived it seems, to bad I wont get to play with it from at least a week :/

A few key features sold the mark7 to me

indexing speed, and dwell, haveing seen the PW and rotaries, they REALLY spin around fast, for processsing this isnt a problem, but I also want to load 9 major, thoose cases are FULL, so I really baby the indexing, you can make it superslow on the mark7, if you look closely at videos, you can see even at default "fastest" setting, it slows down quite a lot. This also ensures case seats properly, and you dont end up hurting any mechanical components as well, so again really a big thing.

With 9 major and 8.7gr on 3n38 I barely leave a lip for bullet to seat on, and I dont want it to topple over during indexing, and if it doesnt seat 100% correct from mrbf die, I wanna be able to catch it when indexing. My 9 brass is more of a short 38SC than a 9, as it goes through 2 sizeing dies and 2 expanders during processing.

like Ive said before.. VFD/digital clutch is important. and it wont jolt on bulged brass as pointed out by TDS-US on his youtube channel, it will just resize it.

I was originally just going to use it for processing, but after seeing so many vids, reading the manual and seeing how much thought is put into it, I will use it for loading as well.

I got about 10l cases of 9 to be processesed and Im gonna load a years supply of 40 minor and 40 major short... + misc.. Ill try to put out a few videos, my workspace is really crude, but a friend needs his open gun fixed, and he's a contractor, so I think we will work that one out ;)

If the mark7 guys are reading, beeing able to stop to fill primers on DOWNstroke is sooo much nicer for us RF100 guys most of the time, I noticed it does end cycle and stops on upstroke.

I will give ammobot some cred, its a good cheap solution, and it keeps everything simple, definetly looks cool.

Edited by ano

Mine has arrived it seems, to bad I wont get to play with it from at least a week :/

A few key features sold the mark7 to me

indexing speed, and dwell, haveing seen the PW and rotaries, they REALLY spin around fast, for processsing this isnt a problem, but I also want to load 9 major, thoose cases are FULL, so I really baby the indexing, you can make it superslow on the mark7, if you look closely at videos, you can see even at default "fastest" setting, it slows down quite a lot. This also ensures case seats properly, and you dont end up hurting any mechanical components as well, so again really a big thing.

With 9 major and 8.7gr on 3n38 I barely leave a lip for bullet to seat on, and I dont want it to topple over during indexing, and if it doesnt seat 100% correct from mrbf die, I wanna be able to catch it when indexing. My 9 brass is more of a short 38SC than a 9, as it goes through 2 sizeing dies and 2 expanders during processing.

like Ive said before.. VFD/digital clutch is important. and it wont jolt on bulged brass as pointed out by TDS-US on his youtube channel, it will just resize it.

I was originally just going to use it for processing, but after seeing so many vids, reading the manual and seeing how much thought is put into it, I will use it for loading as well.

I got about 10l cases of 9 to be processesed and Im gonna load a years supply of 40 minor and 40 major short... + misc.. Ill try to put out a few videos, my workspace is really crude, but a friend needs his open gun fixed, and he's a contractor, so I think we will work that one out ;)

If the mark7 guys are reading, beeing able to stop to fill primers on DOWNstroke is sooo much nicer for us RF100 guys most of the time, I noticed it does end cycle and stops on upstroke.

I will give ammobot some cred, its a good cheap solution, and it keeps everything simple, definetly looks cool.

When it is time to fill primers, just hit "stop" fill primer and the hit go. No reason to complete the stroke. I just stop mine when it is in the down position.

Changing the speed of the shellplate index is worth the extra $1600 alone. I am loading super comp with 10.5 of 3n38. Manually I would have powder everywhere after 1k rounds.

I loaded 4k last weekend and there were maybe 3 specs of powder on the shellplate and that was at 1800 rph.

There are some decent auto drives on the market, there are none that offer the features of the Mk7. It's not even close IMO

Edited by Shadyscott999