Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 1050 Autodrive

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

seriously you guys! stop posting vids of this thing.

you are making my blinged up bullet fed 650 look way inadequate!! Now I feel like I need a 1050 and Mark7.....

Oh you do!

I just received and installed mine. Not fully operational yet but will be soon.

Have used mine to deprime about 7500 .45 acp cases.

I had one small primer case sneak by- on clutch lvl 2 it stopped the machine at the swaging station..... Didn't hurt the machine...: didn't even hurt the brass

I have had one 9mm case that was stuck inside a .45 case. At clutch lvl 2 it did no damage to the machine, it didn't even break the decapping pin. It was pretty nice actually, just jogged the machine up, Yanked the 9mm and hit run.

I have had the tablet turn itself off twice while using the machine. I turned it off and back on and it worked fine.

Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad that its working out for you. Please note that the tablet turning off is probably related to the EMI coming from the unshielded Dillon case feeder power cable. Please be sure to check our user manual at http://www.markvii-loading.net

for handling of this - we'd want this fixed on your end. Please keep us informed !

Edited by Nigels1911

Please make sure you use plenty of lube inside and outside of cases. Takes about 3 minutes to lube 1,000 cases if you lay them flat on a box, spray and rotate the box so cases are facing upwards. You can try a slightly higher clutch level as well. Please let us know how ti going...

Yeah wasn't lube, I tried lube, and it would size brass, even at 0, it was the swager for me, I adusted swage rod it back down like a 10th of a turn, and its golden now. I can run at clutch setting 1.

I use hornady oneshot.

Thanks for the feedback.

It was always in business, I just had digital clutch at 3, loaded thousands of rounds, I just noticed others had luck with a lower setting, and decided to research it, when loading by hand, if the pocket is well for some reason pretty hard to swage the last bit, you would just not push it that far, but here it of course would, stil swages plenty though, also tested putting a un-decapped brass, and it stops as it should. Lovin it.

I might be getting a 2nd unit for a friend, he was rather impressed.

Question,

Why, after calibration, when Run is pressed, does my unit only do a single cycle? Sometimes only a half cycle as well (that is new). I have to press Stop, and then Run again to get it going in repeat cycles. This also often happens after topping up the primers and hitting Run again

Question,

Why, after calibration, when Run is pressed, does my unit only do a single cycle? Sometimes only a half cycle as well (that is new). I have to press Stop, and then Run again to get it going in repeat cycles. This also often happens after topping up the primers and hitting Run again

I'm brand new to this but I've noticed a reluctance to single cycle/run sometimes until the mahine is jogged first. Haven't narrowed it down yet. Definitely seeing interference from case feeder even after re-routing cables for separation and moving power cables to various outlets/power strips. Will try some ferrite beads, maybe home-cook some shielding. I vaguely remember having an old 110V noise filter, somewhere....

I ordered my unit from Ken at Wild West Shooting in Alberta Canada, not from you guys. He'd ordered from you at SHOT. I had been talking with Mark via email but haven't heard back from him in ages. I'm in Europe for matches until the 17th of December so no rush on contacting me.

Edited by slavex

ummm - we don't have a Mark here, other than our name but if you are having issues please get in touch with us on our web site or PM us here. We have a filter we can send you if you are still experiences EMI issues from the case feeder - we're happy to help - just let us know !

Yee, I ran out of frontier 40 bullets, gonna switch it over to load some 40 short minor loads and use up misc partizan stuff thats old and laying around, then switch to prep 9 for major and run 10-15k is the plan.

This thing seems to make my bullets and powders dissapear :o

Loaded a few thousand more, maybe there is more noise on the power, but I'm haveing communication error/resets every say 4-500 rounds, its DEFINETLY the casefeeders fault, as I can emulate them by fireing it up at high speed and let it run.

I've put alu foil on the powercord on the feeder, I put it around the base of feeder to isolate motor, seems to help but not really, say from 2-300 rounds to 4-500.. hmm

Got them on separate power strips, even got power on a long extension from the hall, not sure if its a separate fuse.

Any tips?

Would getting a online UPS work? I have access to them from work, they will give a consistant frequency and voltage out, and separate things, so should I put the mark7 on it. or the loader?

On the sweeter side of things, I can load 40 range brass at digital clutch 0 without fault at both 1500 and 1800rph now :), 1500 is very nice, the 1800 gets me spinning.

The guys have sent me a filter for my case feeder...Trouble shot mine the other day...Had the same problem plus my unit rebooting...Started feeding rounds manually into the case feeder tube and no problem..I guess my 10yr old case feeder is noisy.

Loaded a few thousand more, maybe there is more noise on the power, but I'm haveing communication error/resets every say 4-500 rounds, its DEFINETLY the casefeeders fault, as I can emulate them by fireing it up at high speed and let it run.

I've put alu foil on the powercord on the feeder, I put it around the base of feeder to isolate motor, seems to help but not really, say from 2-300 rounds to 4-500.. hmm

Got them on separate power strips, even got power on a long extension from the hall, not sure if its a separate fuse.

Any tips?

Would getting a online UPS work? I have access to them from work, they will give a consistant frequency and voltage out, and separate things, so should I put the mark7 on it. or the loader?

On the sweeter side of things, I can load 40 range brass at digital clutch 0 without fault at both 1500 and 1800rph now :), 1500 is very nice, the 1800 gets me spinning.

AL foil won't do much of anything until you ground it even then it isn't a good shield.

First thing I would check is the plugs you are plugged into with a plug tester. Make sure they are wired correctly. Different power strips shouldn't make a difference. If you plugged into different circuits and the were wired differently it could raise hell.

My bet is one system or the other has a floating ground. I would try to isolate the case feeder motor from the frame or try to conductivity isolate the case feeder frame from the rest of the system.

The UPS might help. you could also try grounding the frame or go to Radio Shack and get a power cord filter.

Edited by Why1504

All outlets are ungrounded here,

*edit'

I have grounded outlets in bathroom, and kitch/wetroom, so I got a long extension chord and plugged it into bathroom outlet, I ran ut with brass for about 300 roudns no fail, and a few with nothing in, with case hopper running nonstop no errors, gonna see if its so simple, if so I can just get a grounded outlet put in.

Runing, on grounded outlet test

1800rph, clutch0, dwell 0, index 3

Edited by ano

Looks very smooth Ano! In rare circumstances the EMI interference from the Dillon case feeder interferes with the operation of the Mark 7 unit. We are not aware of anyone who has this issue unsolved so if you do have this issue please contact us through our web site and we will be happy to send you our EMI filter that will eliminate this issue.

ANO - we PM'd you...