Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the many great things about the Tanfoglios is the fact they are already drilled for sight mounts and gas pedals.

If it wasn't for the that, I would be too chicken to get the work done just to test one out. So far I love it. I had some other unrelated gun issues but now that the gun is running I think I will keep it on.

1400777_10201626049949665_1176989292_o.j

So are these limited in 40 you guys start with and then upgrade?

praetorian97 alluded to the difference between the standard frame and the competition frame; the Match shares the standard frame of the Witness steel pistols although it features a long slide upper and a SAO trigger, but the Gold Team, Limited, Hunter, Limited Pro, and Stock II/III share a frame which has a flared mag well opening, provision for a mag well, a solid hammer pin, long beaver tail and aggressive checkering. In the case of the GT, Limited and the Hunter the frame comes drilled and tapped for optics. The first time you grip a pistol with the competition frame, nothing else will do :wub:

The frames for the GT, Limited/Pro, Hunter and Stock II are essentially the same but with varying length dust covers (the Stock III is the same length as the Limited/Hunter, but has a rail) and the Production models are not drilled and tapped.

The Limited and Hunter have the longest frame which comes to the end of a long slide slide (4.75" barrel), the Gold Team and Stock II have a frame which comes to the end of a standard length slide (4.5" barrel) and the Limited Pro has the standard length frame, the same as the standard pistols.

I feel like the Hunter is the best base for a project since it's less money than the Limited and you can cut the dust cover to make it into any of the others. This is what I've done with mine:

IMG_20130817_175516_649-1_zpsd8e75857.jp

IMG_20131024_204030_158-1_zps0a8e31b4.jp

IMG_20130720_213431_804-1_zps5e438cab.jp

Photoshop rendering of my latest project:

StandardSlide_zps4ef07fbf.jpg

That is BADASS !!!!!!! - what slide is in the top pic - is it blued or ion and then polished flats?

That's the Hunter .45 top end; the Hunter slide is polished all over like the Match is on the flats, it really is a beautiful pistol: all glossy black!

I feel like the Hunter is the best base for a project since it's less money than the Limited and you can cut the dust cover to make it into any of the others.

What do you mean cut the dust cover? Im intrigued now!

Well, if you want this:

IMG_20131024_204030_158-1_zps0a8e31b4.jp

to look like this:

2fa7bd3b-c92e-4fff-ac3c-3dd1fc80ca64_zps

or even this:

post-42962-0-51531600-1378440723.jpg

Just get out the chop saw and go to work! :devil:

Evan, better use red 271 or 272 we used blue on Mine and it does not hold up before the end of the match its loose again we used 271 and I shot a 6 stage match last sat and it never moved and I am shooting major PF

I was afraid of that, thanks for the heads up. Have you had no problem removing them after? Because there has been a few times where we have had to heat something up to remove it when red loctite has been used.

Cheers,

Evan

Yep gotta heat but the red keeps it where you want it,I don't my sight coming loose right in the middle of a stage especially if there is a lot of steel

That is BADASS !!!!!!! - what slide is in the top pic - is it blued or ion and then polished flats?

That's the Hunter .45 top end; the Hunter slide is polished all over like the Match is on the flats, it really is a beautiful pistol: all glossy black!

Do they make that long top end in 40?

Sandro,

The 10mm Hunter with a .40 barrel is one way to get a 6" .40, the other is the IFG Bullseye:

IFG%20Bullseye.jpg

Yes, they are rare as hens' teeth, but after hearing Sandro's story of how he got two Stock IIIs I don't doubt his resolve! Some even rolled out with lightened slides:

piccola3jpg84.jpg

If we could get a Large Frame Stock III in .40 caliber, I think that could be turned into a wicked Limited gun. As far as I know, all of the Stock III's seen here in the US were all small frame. So that dashes that idea :(

Hi Guys sorry for the late reply... both guns i posted started life as regular Limited 40sw just dressed them up a bit.

thanks for the tip on using a hunter frame that is a great idea.... my next project is getting a Stock 3 large frame and converting that into a bull barelled limited gun...hopefully my contacts could get me one. :(

Hey ogiebb did you do the coating on them yourself? I see soneone mentioned Ionbond, or was it done by them? They look real nice by the way.

Cheers,

Evan

I did the prep work but they did the coating PVD..same process as ion bond

Edited by ogiebb