Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The K9 mags are the only way to go. As far as the conversion, although I've never seen it malfunction, I haven't put enough 9mm downrange with a .40 slide to say its dead must reliable. If it were me, I would get a 9mm conversion for competition. The Limited 9mm top end may be hard/impossible to get, but you should be able to locate a straight barrel long slide.

Good luck

I wish these parts were more available and we could buy frames and have access to the whole library of Tanfoglio parts rather than begging with the garage operation that is EAA. Anyone wouldnt happen to have an extra 6 inch slide they be willing to part with?

Sure, but it's .45.

I've fielded a few PMs from interested parties, so I'll post here: my Hunter .45 top end is sold to Doug. Thank you :cheers:

Just a thought. So the xtream stock 3 guild rod is heavier then the standard stock 3 one. will it help me at all if am am using the lighter standard stock 3 one in place of my heavier P9 LSP guild rod? There are positves design changes in the stock 3 one as the pic shows, but the lsp is much heavier.

Cheers,

Evan

It'll work fine if you can get it in place.

I'm running a Henning magwell on my Hunter, but the shorter 10 round mags (with Henning basepads) don't stick out of the magwell at all. I cut the rear part of the magwell down so I could get the mags seated better, but left the front of the magwell so I could still have a good grip on the gun.

IMG_20130727_132350.jpg

Final product:

IMG_20130727_232537.jpg

A few months ago I decided to finally make the switch to an open pistol because our shotgun (a saiga 20ga) automatically puts us into open class, and it was a disadvantage for me to shoot with the stock sights on a(n) witness). So in an attempt to not be at a strong disadvantage to other open shooters. I am in the process of building said open top end so far I have bought a compact slide with a regular length barrel(so that altogether it is not a whole lot longer than the limited top end). I have taken the original dovetailed sights and milled them to just the dovetail with a ridge. Then I took a Tasco Optima and milled a slot in its mount to fit the ridge I left on the dovetail after that I drilled and tapped the slide to accept the screws for the optima and mount. Overall the Optima doesn't stick up too high compared to some open gun optics, and it works great out to 100 yards(I havent tried it any farther than that yet but)... I am still in the process of threading the barrel and building the comp. I will post more pictures as I finish my open gun. I still have the limited top end so that if I go to a pistol match I can decide on what I want, depending on what strikes my fancy that day.post-49553-0-17516000-1379793197_thumb.j

just another picture I realized the other one was giant and also didn't show the my new big stick that came in the mail today (thanks to Nealio). Does anyone know how to remove a post? I accidently hit post and it wont let me take it off./

Edited by george76904

Here is another picture, I realized just how big the other one was. Also the other picture doesn't show the new 170mm big stick I recieved in the mail today thanks to Nealio.It is one of those thats welded it together and I must say 15 minutes in the shop "carefully" polishing and lubing and its runs as smooth as butter.It will hold 29 rounds in it with plenty to spare, (I squeezed 30 in there and it did feed but then the 29th jumped out of the gun so it didn't work with 30) but with 29+1OK!!!! post-49553-0-24756800-1379793652_thumb.j

Nealio - can you tell us more about that 170mm weld-up mag?

Did you do it? Is that a 9mm mag with the spacer in it? If so, did you weld the spacer, too? Is there a spacer for the basepad so the rounds don't hang?

I have some of the new MecGar .38 super mags and have a guy to weld them, but was going to work up a jig to hold alignment and act as a heat sink. Looking for any tips or insight you may have. Thanks.

The mag is 2 9mm magazines the 9mm large frame magazines all have a spacer in place in the back of the magazine so what has been done was to cut the magazine with the spacer still in place on both of them and then to weld the tubes together. and the basepad appears to be a hennings 40 wedge but it does not have a spacer since the spring is the only thing that goes down inside the basepad.

Edited by george76904

The base pads length for both Hennings H141 and the caspian quick change are 18mm below the bottom of the mag tube.

For a USPSA legal 171.25mm mag that would give the tube a 153.25mm max length along the back of the mag. If you are only loading the mags to 27, then the follower may not travel below the length of the mag tube and enter the base pad volume. However, at 28 it probably will, and at 29+ rounds it certainly will. Besides, even if the follower isn't in the base pad volume the coiled spring certainly is. These round count numbers are from loading my mag tubes and seeing how the rounds stack.

Just seems like eventually a salt shaker type mag failure will occur if there isn't either a spacer or a mechanism to funnel the follower/spring/loaded rounds into the mag with a spacer welded on the back.

Of course, I could be wrong.