Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few pics of my open gun thats finally finished for now, thanks to everyone whos brains I've been picking to me complete that project. And then there is another pic of my P9 family :).

20131016_065504.jpg

20131016_065404.jpg

20131016_222325.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

Thanks man, you've help allot cheers. So I've gotten a chance to test fire the slide on the frame already, surprisingly it hit the paper at 20 yards with no sights at all. I would have liked to have been allot close buy the action range was busy. Now I now that it shoots and cycles properly I just need to sight in the red dot and I'm good to go. Cross my fingers lol, something always manages to go wrong and there's always more work to do.

Cheers.

Another "chopped" Tanfo for you Tanfoglioites:

This one started life with a previous owner(s) as a .38 super Limited Elite and was converted to an open gun (cut dust cover, Canyon Creek compensator, c-more, etc.), and then I got it. Haven't done anything major to it, but did cut the scope mount blast shield off (not needed and just added weight in the wrong place), and dykem'ed the grips red. Got a 9mm long slide conversion a couple months ago and figured I'd try it out with the C-more to check the accuracy, then pull the c-more off and run it as a Limited minor gun for a while. The long slide conversion fit perfectly, and the slide to frame fit & barrel to slide fit was extremely good right out of the box with literally no tinkering or fitting (think I got lucky here).

Accuracy with handloads seems good - about 2" at 20 yards with a generic MG 124g JHP load. Could probably get it down a little with some load tinkering.

I think I'll leave the C-more on for a while and try a steel challenge match or two with it.

Definitely f-f-f-fun to shoot! :P

post-9934-0-80086300-1382184014_thumb.jp

Well I can't seem to go back to edit my last post, I wanted to add a bit of a brake down of the my open gun. So here it is :).

Springfield P9 LSP Slide

-worked for better fit to frame

-front sight removed

-racking handle

-Coned compensator with dilled barrel for factory ports

-Stock 3 guild rod

EAA EA9 Witness Frame

- squared out trigger guard

- built up bever tail

- hogged out magwell

Dlask SA trigger

- SA spring

- moddified trigger bar for SA spring

Smoothed out all internals and propper parts

Stock 3 hammer I think

Extended mag release

Limited toggle safety

Moddified Cheely mount for my predrilled holes

Cmore Slide Ride with Arrendondo parts

Hogue grips

Things I still need.

Extended firing pin

Magwell that fits the older small frame

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

So how does the Springfield slide work with the witness frame?

It works perfectly, I can swap any of my P9 slides on that frame and they work. This one is nice and tight on the frame as the other three arnt quite as nice more like a factory fit. From what I undetstand and have read the Springfield P9 is basically the same as the early Witnesses, Springfield was just another importer for Tanfoglio.

Cheers,

Evan

So I got a chance to take my Open gun out for only the second time, and only the first time with the red dot mounted.

Omg I love this gun lol.

I knew it was a shooter when it hit the paper at 25 yards without even iron sights on it. So this time I took a few steps forward and started at about 5 yards, and right off the bat the first five shots went just a little right and high. Before I started playing with the red dot I compensated a little and was able to place the next 20 rounds in the A. I then proceded to try and zero it in at 15 yards, I got fairly close and was able to keep the next 25 rounds mostly within a pie plate size area.

The only other thing to mention is that all my screws on my scope and mount started to back out by the end of the day. I didnt loctitet hem because I thought I might need to make some changes. The first thing I did when I got home was throw some blue loctite on it and tighten it all up real nice.

I'm trying to get out this weekend to shot a match. I get a chance ill follow up with another range report

Thanks again for all the help I've gotten here :), and for that here is a bit more eye candy.

20131016_065336.jpg

20131016_065234.jpg

20131016_065605.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

Evan, better use red 271 or 272 we used blue on Mine and it does not hold up before the end of the match its loose again we used 271 and I shot a 6 stage match last sat and it never moved and I am shooting major PF

I was afraid of that, thanks for the heads up. Have you had no problem removing them after? Because there has been a few times where we have had to heat something up to remove it when red loctite has been used.

Cheers,

Evan

Have you had no problem removing them after? Because there has been a few times where we have had to heat something up to remove it when red loctite has been used.

That's the beauty of the red stuff: it's solid as a rock, then just hit it with the torch and it releases. :cheers: