Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

most acurate 9mm 1911

1911vm

What rounds are you re loading to get your accuracy? I am in the process of finding a good hard cast load that shoots well. So far I like the Penn 120 grain with Power Pistol 5.5 gr.. with an AOL of 1.05". I am only shooting 25 yards and grouping within a 2.0 inch area. I just found out that Penn had some problems and will not be making any cast bullets for at least a few weeks and longer for 9mm.

This is off topic but does anyone know of another good source for getting good cast lead bullets in 120 grn. at .356"?

Thanks

I would take a look at the CZ tactical sports in 9mm. The gun has a sweet trigger and it is crazy accurate! Other than that I would look at the 9mm Trojan STI.

Trigger on the CZTS will be too light for Bianchi Cup...he'd just have to spend money to increase the weight of the trigger.

• 2 months later...

"Trigger on the CZTS will be too light for Bianchi Cup...he'd just have to spend money to increase the weight of the trigger"

Only if shooting production (3.5#) all other divisions only require the firearm to be in safe operateing condition. I think!

"Trigger on the CZTS will be too light for Bianchi Cup...he'd just have to spend money to increase the weight of the trigger"

Only if shooting production (3.5#) all other divisions only require the firearm to be in safe operateing condition. I think!

Metallic and open have a 2lb limit..

Metallic and open have a 2lb limit..

Thanks DW for the correction.

3.4 Weight Restrictions - There shall be no restriction on overall weight of pistols. The trigger pull shall not be

less than 2 pounds.

Not sure which is the most accurate, however I would be interested seeing one more accurate than my Wilson CQB. The test target is litterally one very tight ragged hole.

Not sure how much money you want to spend, but my Spartan shoots into one tiny ragged hole at 15 yards. Have not shot it

farther yet. This is w/ 3.8gr of Titegroup and a 124 RN plated Xtreme bullet.

T

I have owned a Kimber target 9mm, Springfield loaded 9mm, S&W pro 9mm 1911 and an STI Trojan in 9mm. My Trojan is the most accurate(and reliable)9mm I have ever owned. For the money the Trojan gets my vote. I have won a ppc league with it.

In my opinion the 9x19 got a bad reputation for accuracy because of the ammunition used and the guns it was chambered for mostly didn't have decent triggers or sights. The old standard FMJ bullet had an ogive that almost went from the nose to the base, it had very little bearing surface which kills accuracy. When I started developing my 38 super and later 9mm Bianchi guns the Hornaday XTP bullet was just being released, it has a lot of bearing surface and also because of the way HP's are made had more potential accuracy as well. I found out the Air Force tested about every 9mm bullet available at the time and the XTP would shoot an inch at 50 yds for them and was the most accurate bullet they tested by far. I did get a fair share of ribbing when I showed up at the Cup with hollow point bullets, "just how dead do you want to make those cardboard targets" :wacko: The Sierra and Zero HP's and I'm sure others by now have good bearing surfaces and shoot good too, in cast lead bullets the 122 flat point is amazing. I guess this is a long winded way of saying if you have a well built 9mm with a good trigger and sights it will shoot extremely well with good bullets and powder combination.

In my experience the SW PPC 9mm and the STI's are really accurate factory pistols.

Edited by Ross Carter

I have a S&W Pro Series 9mm. The first 900 rounds were flawless...grouping was about an inch at 25 yards. 100 yard hits on a 16 inch gong was not a problem. Now I am having light firing pin strikes, some primers also have a vertical line along with the light indentation. Appears as though the series 80 safety is causing a hang-up. Every 10-15 rounds I have a light strike, but if I reset the hammer and pull again..it goes. Working with S&W to get it repaired.

I had a Springfield trophy match & stainless "loaded" 9mm. Wife puts 1" ragged holes freehand, where I shoot .75-1.00 clean holes with it. Bull barreled, heine rr sight & a worked over trigger. Gun has 165000+ rounds and had Zero parts break, and I don't think we had 5 ftfs/fte's.

Had Ed Vandenberg build from ground up a 9mm commander that is scary accurate. It is built on a Caspian frame and slide. Problem is wife fell in love with it and it is now "her" 1911. :D

I finally found a 9mm SA loaded at a local gun show. I had Ed put some decent sights on it and slick up the action a bit. I am very pleased with the accuracy and reliability with this one too. It is my IDPA gun.

I bought Metalform 10 round mags and they work great in both guns. A friend gave me some Chip McCormick mags in .38 super as well. The latter work fine with the SA but I do get an occasional FTF on the last round in the Caspian.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...