Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How flat does a Stock 2 shoot?

SCTaylor

Pulled some video from my match this weekend and noticed the Stock 2 seemed to run pretty flat, slowed it down to 10 frames per second to verify.  I'm seriously surprised to see how flat it does shoot, only a tiny dip at return. I'm running a 10lb recoil spring, PD 13lb hammer spring and stock internals.  Pretty cool!

Well damn. Guess I'm just a wuss with a bad camera, inferior gun, and weak hands. :blink: Haha I just noticed it was cool to see how the Stock 2 handles much better versus a Glock 34 and in the hands of an unclassified mortal versus a Grand Master.

I have Lim Pro and Stock 2 and I can certainly feel the muzzle flip of the same handload is noticeably less on Stock 2.  Not necessarily mean it fits me better though.  I also heard Stock 3 is even more front heavy and supposedly should shoot even flatter (Shadow 2 is just a clone of Stock 3 BTW).

4 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

Well damn. Guess I'm just a wuss with a bad camera, inferior gun, and weak hands. :blink: Haha I just noticed it was cool to see how the Stock 2 handles much better versus a Glock 34 and in the hands of an unclassified mortal versus a Grand Master.

Sucks to be you! Lol.  ;)

You may want to try lighter springs and fire with a lined background to see more precisely the up and down motion. I prefer lighter recoil springs, but that's totally subjective. Thanks for sharing.

every gun i own shoots extremely flat, even the 40/45 major guns, but I'm a grown man and I grip the gun.

Haha! Now can we talk about the harsh and unbearable recoil of the 115gr bullets versus the gentle push of the 135gr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John - I'll play with it some, honestly it isn't impacting my shooting at the moment and it's low on the priority list due to time contraints.

Moto - Thanks? I guess? But I know you've got a strong grip since you're from the hardened north, where the men are men and so are the women.

Edited by SCTaylor

39 minutes ago, johnbu said:

I used to live in Boise and work for micron. Nice area

yes, its the banana belt of idaho.

fwiw, i was born in Houston, and have been back twice in the last few years to visit a world-class orthopedic surgeon. What a wretched place to live. I thought it was just the traffic and humidity, but now I find out it makes your grip weaker too. I better ride my motorcycle more carefully so I don't have to go back... ;)

2 hours ago, edrav said:

Shooting same range trip:

cz sh 2 < tanfo 3 < tanfo 2 < cz sh 1

From min to max recoil subjective feeling :)

I can see that.

Question is, does the nose-heavy bias of the Sh2 and S-III feel cumbersome to you?

My Stock 3 is a nose heavy, weighty pig. And it feels good to me, but others who have fondled have felt differently.

9 hours ago, goshimu said:

Edrav,

my my AUS stock 2 Xtreme SF is same length as limited custom and stock 3, essentially it's a DA limited.  Shot them all,Beats the lot. However they are all good.

could you post some pic of the AUS stock 2 please

Sure s3 and cz sh2 and AUS s2 are more nose heavy than "typical" s2 but there are so subtle differences...

I like them all, shoot them all...But to be honest, I have best resulsts with my standard s2.

Despite of little differences in nose heavy or recoil management matters.