Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WTH is going on a S&W?

bigdawgbeav

So the S&W BUG match was cancelled... OK, it happens.  But right now rumors are circulating that the IDPA Indoor Nationals are going to take a nose dive as well.  I don't have and inside info or anything, but rumors are flying that there was a huge shake-up over at S&W and the new folks in charge are not keen on being the hosts/sponsors of these matches anymore.

Anyone know what's going on?

is there another facility that could hold an indoor match in the winter time for an Indoor Nationals? i've only shot the match once and it was just fine, though my year there was a chrono issue and it seemed parts of where we shot sure looked pretty old and run down.

I shoot with Colt employee and he was saying something about S&W buying a knife company and other crap and kind of waiting for actual outcome of the election. As she that shall not be named , may ruin business big time if she gets in . But take that with a grain of salt

Chuckstur, I think you posted in the wrong section.. This is the IDPA section..Production is uspsa, not IDPA. Production is limited to 10 rounds per mag. IDPA is limited to 10 rounds per mag max SSP/ESP. Mag capacity of 16 SA shots does not matter in either game, unless you are shooting uspsa limited minor.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/31/2016 at 10:46 AM, GmanCdp said:

Chuckstur, I think you posted in the wrong section.. This is the IDPA section..Production is uspsa, not IDPA. Production is limited to 10 rounds per mag. IDPA is limited to 10 rounds per mag max SSP/ESP. Mag capacity of 16 SA shots does not matter in either game, unless you are shooting uspsa limited minor.

Or USPSA Limited Major.

1 hour ago, v1911 said:

Maybe it has to do with a change in leadership at S&W. If the powers that be aren't/weren't as interested in the event as the previous persons, that could explain the drop. 

Good chance of it. Anytime someone new comes in they have an agenda and want to impress the bean counters

• 2 weeks later...