Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production legal base pads?

Ipsilateral

I've got a SP-01, I prefer the factory mags, but at $50 a pop, seems silly when i can only use 10 rounds for production, and when I can get these (brownell's part number 625-000-027WB CZ 75 9mm Blue 16 Rnd. Mfr Part: MGCZ7516B) for $20 with a dealers discount.

The SP-01 base pads fit these, but won't fit the gun, are there any other production legal options to make these a viable option?

I don't know if this will help but I removed the metal base pads from the Mecgar magazines and replaced them with pads for the Beretta 92.

They fit and work great in my SP-01 and they are inexpensive.

CZwithberettapads.jpg

Edited by oldfrank

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to double check the 16 Round Factory Basepads will also work on the 16 round mec-gar magazines? I know the CZ basepad is interchangeable between the two....

I just want to make sure it works and is still production legal

:cheers:

Thanks for letting us know they work :)

No prob, and just to let everyone else know.. we have a guy at our local club using them on the mec-gar.. you just have to play around with the locking plate but once you get it in place your are GTG!

:cheers:

• 5 months later...

Will any of the Springer base pads work with 10 rd 9mm mags from Mec-Gar? Which ones are the pads on the far left in the above pic? I'm assuming they're either the 16 or 17 rounders as the 18 rounders are too tall and keep the mag from being seated in my Accu.

Thanks!

Edited by Jayohee

Anyone try the springer pads on the p09 mags? Any chance they will fit?

I doubt it since the front area of the magazine itself is square doff instead of round. Hrm...crud!

Hey SP guys...any chance you're going to make P09 baseplates? :P

Anyone try the springer pads on the p09 mags? Any chance they will fit?

I doubt it since the front area of the magazine itself is square doff instead of round. Hrm...crud!

Hey SP guys...any chance you're going to make P09 baseplates? :P

They are on the list of parts to make. I have another milling center on the way so we will be able to release new products faster.

Will any of the Springer base pads work with 10 rd 9mm mags from Mec-Gar? Which ones are the pads on the far left in the above pic? I'm assuming they're either the 16 or 17 rounders as the 18 rounders are too tall and keep the mag from being seated in my Accu.

Thanks!

They won't work with the 10 round mags.

You are the man!

Ive got alot of mags that came from the factory with the P07 baseplates which i hate. CZ USA currently does not have the factory P09 pads in stock so im looking for quality replacements.

Thanks!

Which ones are on the far ends of the picture?

• 4 months later...

Thanks!

How about the 15 round Mecgar mags?

Just got a set of springers in and they work really nicely. Buy 6 or more and they're only $15 a piece. And they do fit the mec gar 10 rounders that have the crimp in the body to stop the follower. Wouldn't work in the mags that have the big plastic section at the bottom.