Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production legal base pads?

Ipsilateral

And they do fit the mec gar 10 rounders that have the crimp in the body to stop the follower. Wouldn't work in the mags that have the big plastic section at the bottom.

I can confirm as well that the Springers work on the MecGar 10-round mags. Lining up the post is a little tricky but it works.

Scott the MecGar 15 round mag is similar to the 17 round tube.

MecGar also makes a full length tube 10rnd mag with dimple. different than the CZ factory 10 mag.

Thanks! Do they have a round restriction dimple?

The 10s do, the 15 uses a differ mag spring to restrict the follower.

will shoot ya photo.

Scott the MecGar 15 round mag is similar to the 17 round tube.

MecGar also makes a full length tube 10rnd mag with dimple. different than the CZ factory 10 mag.

Thanks! Do they have a round restriction dimple?

post-627-0-61577700-1423169812_thumb.jpg

L to R: MecGar 17AFC mag, CZ/MecGar 15rnd mag, MecGar 10rnd mag, CZ 10rnd mag

I like the springers but I'm still worried about making weight. Any of you guys have trouble making weight with the springers on the cz chrome mags with a sp-01 shadow

They are less than an oz, so weight shouldn't be an issue unless you added more than an OZ elsewhere.

I like the springers but I'm still worried about making weight. Any of you guys have trouble making weight with the springers on the cz chrome mags with a sp-01 shadow

They add 1oz, but when you take away the weight of the stock basepad - you should be fine:

bM0gCsf.png?1

F6pQa5T.png?1

So what's the verdict, will they fit the15 round mags?

Yes

So I assume from Scott's post before I should order the pads for the 17 round Mecgars to fit my 15 round mags? Just want to make sure before I order.
Yep

BTW, I just got my red set (MG17) today

a0262b404ac6bf33cba7f9a1ab553e21.jpg

Edited by Quack

I've sunk a chunk of money into the Springer Pads, but well worth it. In this pic I've got them on both CZ mags and Mecgar. I've also got 6 Stoeger pads (black). I like the feel of the Stoeger pads just slightly better because they eliminated any sharp edges and points by rounding them off. But with the Springer pads costing $10 less per pad, the non-rounded edges of the Springer pads isn't a big deal. Both are very high quality basepads.

20150128_150935_zpsqxlj3tfp.jpg

I've sunk a chunk of money into the Springer Pads, but well worth it. In this pic I've got them on both CZ mags and Mecgar. I've also got 6 Stoeger pads (black). I like the feel of the Stoeger pads just slightly better because they eliminated any sharp edges and points by rounding them off. But with the Springer pads costing $10 less per pad, the non-rounded edges of the Springer pads isn't a big deal. Both are very high quality basepads.

Man!!!! You could buy cz custom shadow for the amount of $ you have in those mags. Lol

I should have phrased that better. I should have said squared edges instead sharp edges. Never had an issue in a match or practice with Springer pads. Great pads at a very good price.

• 2 weeks later...

What gun are shooting with those mags? Do you have any issues making weight? Are these a lot better than using the stock thin mecgar base pads?