Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meth Lab Busted

benos

Man, it's a happy day in the hood. There's a house of full-on tweakers just down the street, and this morning we were greeted to the sound of exploding tear gas grenades. Yeehaa! I'm hoping a couple bikes and my motorcycle that were stolen might be found inside.

be

Man that is good news but scarey too. I don't know whats worse the people or the places they contaminate while making the meth. Scarey.

Good luck with your stuff. If nothing else there are a few less scumbags running loose today.

-ld

Amen to that, a good portion of the people i know are in some way connected with a SWAT team of some branch or another. They always say meth labs are the last place in the world to be. Problem is, have to be careful to shoot, so you don't blow the place up, and if the junkies are around, sometimes the meth helps them sustain multiple bullets/beatings. Very scary stuff...

KS

Glad to hear that the neighborhood got cleaned up. Having a place like that anywhere nearby is definitely a hazard to your safety and property.

I was registering at the match hotel for the 2001 3 gun nationals in Las Vegas and asked to have the maid staff informed that I wished to have no one service, or otherwise enter my room without me being present. I was told that I would have to speak to the manager as the staff was required to enter each room daily. The manager asked me why, I said I had firearms (you know "The Match"), she said that they had to check every room daily because rooms had been used as temporary meth labs in the recent past. Sheeesh!

In addition, I found a paraphenilia kit with a modified syringe and a plastic bag with a trace amount of something or other in it just under the front of the bed when I was packing for check out. Suffice to say that I found a different place to stay for the 2002 3 gun nationals.

About 6 mts ago a lab was busted around the corner. They had been in operation less than 45 days when they were busted. You would not believe the filth and crap that was in that house. The place was so contamiated that all the sheetrock,insulation, carpets and pads had to be drug out and bagged and trashed.Larry

Glad to hear they got another one of these places out of business.

Here in the KC area this crap is totally out of control.

Due to their use as ingredients in making meth:

They restrict Sudafed sales.

They banned the sale of strike anywhere matches.

And just last week, I was told I could only buy 4 packages of alkaline batteries at a time.

And people intentionally put this stuff in their body ?

Travis F.

"Those guys have more balls than brains if they tossed a gas grenade in a meth lab. That thing is one big bang waiting to happen"

I dunno, considering all the hassle of cleaning up the contamination, risking officers lives serving the warrant, the wasted dollars on prosecution, appeals, jail space, etc., I am not sure that launching an incendiary tear gas grenade or flashbang from a safe distance wouldn't be a GOOD idea for solving the meth lab problem in a more sanitary fashion. This idea is not exactly in the the holiday spirit though. Brian, glad to hear the neighborhood is getting cleaned up & hope your ride turns up in good, non-contaminated condition.

"Those guys have more balls than brains if they tossed a gas grenade in a meth lab. That thing is one big bang waiting to happen"

I dunno, considering all the hassle of cleaning up the contamination, risking officers lives serving the warrant, the wasted dollars on prosecution, appeals, jail space, etc., I am not sure that launching an incendiary tear gas grenade or flashbang from a safe distance wouldn't be a GOOD idea for solving the meth lab problem in a more sanitary fashion. This idea is not exactly in the the holiday spirit though. Brian, glad to hear the neighborhood is getting cleaned up & hope your ride turns up in good, non-contaminated condition.

My thought exactly, too bad someone didn't (on accident) throw in a phosporous grenade :ph34r:

A highway flare is a lot cheaper than incindiary ordinance. ;)

As an added bonus the local fire depts can be stationed a couple blocks away and they can come practice their fire suppression and hazardous chemical spill containment techniques.

We have a number of houses in the neighborhood that are rented on an annual basis to "college students". Most of these houses are owned by absentee land lords with a property management company doing the renting. I watch them closely every year for signs of a meth lab in progress.