Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P40 Pro

Alfie

Thanks Julie

Sorry for being impatient just trying to get everything set up for this season. Ill be running my 9L in production and my 40 PRO in limited and limited 10 as soon as the PRO is approved. And I might have sold my other limited gun so Im kind of stuck until this happens. Have a great weekend also.

Thanks, Ryan

Edited by ryan45kim

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Julie

Sorry for being impatient just trying to get everything set up for this season. I’ll be running my 9L in production and my 40 PRO in limited and limited 10 as soon as the PRO is approved. And I might have sold my other limited gun so I’m kind of stuck until this happens. Have a great weekend also.

Thanks, Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I completely understand!!! No worries :)

Julie

Would it help if we started an email/call campaign to S&W about getting the paperwork filed? There are a lot of shooters wanting to use their 40Pro this year and a lot of unhappy people if they get bumped to Open because S&W won't get the paperwork filed.

Just my $.02

Would it help if we started an email/call campaign to S&W about getting the paperwork filed? There are a lot of shooters wanting to use their 40Pro this year and a lot of unhappy people if they get bumped to Open because S&W won't get the paperwork filed.

Just my $.02

Let me see what I can do first. Please just give me one more week. I know everyone at S&W is swamped and bombarding customer service on the issue just creates more work for them and it's not their fault. I'll keep you posted. If you want to inundate anyone's email inbox, I'd rather it be mine than theirs.

Thanks,

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ryan,

Paperwork for the 4” M&P 40 Pro and the 5” M&P 40 Pro was submitted to John Amidon via email for the Limited & Limited 10 Division requirements last week. I'll do my best to check the status for Production and request that be submitted as well.

All the best,

Julie

Hi Ryan,

Paperwork for the 4” M&P 40 Pro and the 5” M&P 40 Pro was submitted to John Amidon via email for the Limited & Limited 10 Division requirements last week. I'll do my best to check the status for Production and request that be submitted as well.

All the best,

Julie

THANKS JULIE! I'm sure there are many of us that are happy to hear this...Does this mean these models are automatically approved or will it take some time before they are legal for L and L10?

Hi Ryan,

All the best,

Julie

THANKS JULIE! I'm sure there are many of us that are happy to hear this...Does this mean these models are automatically approved or will it take some time before they are legal for L and L10?

I got an email from John that he had received it and he is usually all over this sort of thing so I would imagine it would be legal pretty quick.

Hope that helps!

Julie

Got an email from John Amidon. Both the standard and 5" M&P Pro Series .40 are legal in Limited, L10 and Open. John said he'll have it published in the next front sight but they are OFFICIALLY legal in those divisions. I'll see what I can do about Production next!

Julie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Julie,

I am one of the guys anxiously awaiting the news that the M&P Pro .40 (5") is on the approved Production gun list. I really prefer the M&P Pro 40 to the M&P Pro 9, or the XD Tactical or Glock options, but I need to buy something soon. I can't keep borrowing 1911s and mags the whole season. Even if I knew that the approval was imminent, but the timetable was unknown, that would be good enough for me to pull the trigger ( :rolleyes: ) on the deal. I would greatly appreciate an update from S&W. Thank you. Also, very cool video on your website home page. I wish I knew the musical score.

Edited by MojitoCalido

Buy it and shoot Limited 10. That's where is the competition is anyway. :cheers:

That may be true where you are, but if I shot L or L10 last wknd, I'd be shooting in a division of 1 or 2 shooters (including me). Single Stack and Production are the most popular divisions here. I like the 40 over the 9mm so that if L/L10 becomes more popular, or if I travel, I have options to get into any of those divisions. I'd rather finish in 8th place out of 10 shooters than 1st out of 1.

Buy it and shoot Limited 10. That's where is the competition is anyway. :cheers:

That may be true where you are, but if I shot L or L10 last wknd, I'd be shooting in a division of 1 or 2 shooters (including me). Single Stack and Production are the most popular divisions here. I like the 40 over the 9mm so that if L/L10 becomes more popular, or if I travel, I have options to get into any of those divisions. I'd rather finish in 1st place out of 10 shooters than 1st out of 1.

Fixed it for ya...

Julie,

I am one of the guys anxiously awaiting the news that the M&P Pro .40 (5") is on the approved Production gun list. I really prefer the M&P Pro 40 to the M&P Pro 9, or the XD Tactical or Glock options, but I need to buy something soon. I can't keep borrowing 1911s and mags the whole season. Even if I knew that the approval was imminent, but the timetable was unknown, that would be good enough for me to pull the trigger ( :rolleyes: ) on the deal. I would greatly appreciate an update from S&W. Thank you. Also, very cool video on your website home page. I wish I knew the musical score.

I'll see if I can get an update for you this week. I would think they would be pretty close. Thanks on the video! Are you talking about the main video on my site?

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

Same here! I posted to the S&W Facebook page asking for any update and got a terse "no update" reply... My follow-up was a "no news is good news," which to me doesn't make sense. I can't imagine that USPSA would reject the pistol, so to me, no news is no news.