Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P40 Pro

Alfie

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your plan Jeff, but I think I'll need an new holster, my current M&P is narrowed at the bottom so I either need to open it up some (and worry about snagging my front sight) or get a new one.

Is the slide-width different than the 9-Pro???

I hope not but the length better be, my current holster has a semi closed bottom.

I bought an M&P Pro .40 5" last week and tried it in my Comp-Tac holster for my 9 pro and it wouldn't fit. I opened up the tension screws on the holster some and tried again but still a no go. I haven't tried it again to loosen the screws all the way yet but I would guess they would fall out from being so loose. I'll try again tonight and see what I come up with.

The part that looks like it is hitting is the upper/top portion of the slide. It seems to be just a tad wider than the 9 pro slide, fyi.

I just picked up an M&P pro 40 5''. It fits perfectly in my Comp-Tac Speed paddle holster for the 9mm

I like your plan Jeff, but I think I'll need an new holster, my current M&P is narrowed at the bottom so I either need to open it up some (and worry about snagging my front sight) or get a new one.

Is the slide-width different than the 9-Pro???

I hope not but the length better be, my current holster has a semi closed bottom.

I bought an M&P Pro .40 5" last week and tried it in my Comp-Tac holster for my 9 pro and it wouldn't fit. I opened up the tension screws on the holster some and tried again but still a no go. I haven't tried it again to loosen the screws all the way yet but I would guess they would fall out from being so loose. I'll try again tonight and see what I come up with.

The part that looks like it is hitting is the upper/top portion of the slide. It seems to be just a tad wider than the 9 pro slide, fyi.

I just picked up an M&P pro 40 5''. It fits perfectly in my Comp-Tac Speed paddle holster for the 9mm

My 5" .40 Pro fits my Blade Tec holster for the 9 Pro. this is a Comp-Tac issue

Out.

2011BLDR

• 3 weeks later...

Can we expect an M&P Pro in .45 ACP at some future date?

A quote from them...

"M&P PRO UPDATE

Posted 10/20/2010

As of October 20, 2010, holsters for the M&P Pro 5" will fit both the 9mm and the .40 cal. Before this date, holsters for the Pro 5" will only fit the 9mm. Typically 9mm and .40 versions have the same dimensions, however, Smith & Wesson changed the dimensions on the slide of the .40 for the Pro causing it not to fit our holsters. We have updated our molds to accommodate this change. Please contact us with any questions!"

Does anyone know how close we are to getting the 5” 40 S&W pro approved for limited and production?

Anyone

Limited is only 500 units... I'm sure that has passed with the first shipment. Production might be a few months...

Jeff

You’re right its 500 for limited and 2000 for production. I know that USPSA announces when the gun is approved for production but do they also announce when they are legal for limited? And does anyone know if S&W has officially hit those numbers for both divisions?

Thanks, Ryan

Can we expect an M&P Pro in .45 ACP at some future date?

A quote from them...

"M&P PRO UPDATE

Posted 10/20/2010

As of October 20, 2010, holsters for the M&P Pro 5" will fit both the 9mm and the .40 cal. Before this date, holsters for the Pro 5" will only fit the 9mm. Typically 9mm and .40 versions have the same dimensions, however, Smith & Wesson changed the dimensions on the slide of the .40 for the Pro causing it not to fit our holsters. We have updated our molds to accommodate this change. Please contact us with any questions!"

Which vendor made this announcement?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Sorry, just seeing this! From what I understand S&W has passed the 500 mark for USPSA, but the paperwork for USPSA has not been completed. The M&P Pro 40 is not currently legal in USPSA Production as S&W has not met USPSA's minimums.

For 5" guns in the M&P line, the Pro in 9mm and the 9L are legal in Limited and Production. I myself personally don't agree with the logic of not approving the 5" .40 since there is no competitive advantage gained in capacity or felt recoil with all production guns scored minor and limited to 10 rounds. USPSA likely developed the 2K rule so that boutique companies couldn't create small quantities of production guns. Unfortunately how major manufacturers schedule production does not seem to have been taken into account. It comes down to supply and demand from the distribution system. S&W faced the same challenge with the Pro 9mm and the 9L becoming Production legal when there were extremely MINOR differences between the 2 models (trigger weight, slide cuts and an insignificant difference in weight). I personally disagree with the rules in these cases, but all I can offer at this time is that other shooting sports recognize the M&P Pro 40 as the same model, simply in a different caliber.

I'll see what I can do to get the paperwork moving along where I can.

Julie

Isn't there any system they have to review a gun like this before the 2k? If not that is something that should really be looked at, where a company could submit a same model of one approved gun, except now it is in a different caliber

Thanks Julie great to hear from you. So if I understand this correctly the 40 Pro is legal for limited and limited 10 right now. And as soon as you produce 2000 total units and submit the paper work we will have cleared the last hurdle which is production. If I’m wrong about this please let me know.

Thanks, Ryan

Thanks Julie great to hear from you. So if I understand this correctly the 40 Pro is legal for limited and limited 10 right now. And as soon as you produce 2000 total units and submit the paper work we will have cleared the last hurdle which is production. If I’m wrong about this please let me know.

Thanks, Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Right now the M&P Pro 40 is only legal in Open. Once the paperwork is in, it will be legal in Limited & L10.

Julie

Edited by 99gski

Ok that’s good to know, I thought you just needed to produce 500 and we were cleared for limited and limited 10 I did not know you needed to submit paperwork like you need to in production. Please let us know when we are cleared for limited, limited 10 and production, obviously with limited and limited 10 coming first. Thanks again Julie I appreciate you getting back to us and looking into getting this solved.

Thanks, Ryan

• 2 weeks later...