Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Paint

UltraTen

This isn't very technical but wasn't sure where else to put it.

Anyway, I'm going to be painting my Remington 100.

All black just isn't doing it for me anymore.

I'm looking for some ideas.

The common spatter paint, though cool, IMO has been over done.

Camo patterns look out of place on the range.

I'd like to do something different.

Any suggestions??

I used Krylon camo paint on a Mossberg 590 and after applying the base, I used a natural sponge to apply a very nice camo pattern. Just sprayed the paint on to the spong and dabbed it on.

I guess I guy could do that with red, white and blue too? or some fancy metal flake, or maybe urban tacticool colors.

Don't let your wife see how good of a job it is.....she'll have you sponge paint the walls in the living room!!!

Oh yeah.....I also did the same thing on an AR only did the rag roll thing.

Tim

Lots of space to get creative on a shot gun

I think that's why I cant come up with anything good.

I'm not that creative.

If I have a design I like i can make it, but to come up with a design......nothing.

Tie dye and polka dots :sick:

Maybe on the wife's gun :devil:

Definately use the paints from Lauer Custom Weapons known as Duracoat. They are match sponsers and I have done a couple of AR's and long range rifles using their supplies the paint will take a lot of abuse. PM me if you want and I will send you some more picture. I think I even have a kit that I won at a match I have never used. There are a a couple of learned lesson I would be happy to pass on.

My 308 post-108-1263780273_thumb.jpg

If you don't want to paint it, you can have it dipped. Randy Hoff at rahoffer.com does a great job and at a reasonable price.

I had my SX2 done last year and have used it in several matches and the finish has held up great. I sent my stock and forearm to Randy on a Friday and

had it back the following Friday. You will have to contact him for prices, mine was under $100 with shipping included.

• 2 months later...