Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Bourbon and a good Ball game

steel1212

Was watching the UK V FL game, good game by the way, and decided to break open a bottle of bourbon I got for christmas. It was a bottle of Blantons single barrel. Not to bad for lower proof bourbon, not to bad at all!

I thought all you shooters would be drinking Bulleit Bourbon. I picked up a bottle over the holidays and it is surprisingly drinkable.

medium_BULLEITBOURBON.jpg

I have a couple of bottles but its not my first choice when I go to the bourbon cabinet.

I thought all you shooters would be drinking Bulleit Bourbon. I picked up a bottle over the holidays and it is surprisingly drinkable.

I have a couple of bottles but its not my first choice when I go to the bourbon cabinet.

Blanton's single Barrel is good, but tends to be a bit over priced generally. (I work selling liquor, so I know the prices.) Bulleit is good for everyday, and I reccomend it, but the best is still the Woodford. Smooth as a milkshake.

bourbon cabinet.

:surprise::cheers: I just go to the fridge. :(

Surely you're joking.

What is a better bourbon in that price range?

No no no. Woodford and Blanton are terrible and you are risking bodily injury by consuming those. You want the cheapest slop on the shelf that says "bourbon" on it. Never spend more than $20 a gallon.

Send those bottles of high end whiskey to me for safe disposal. I promise to filter each bottle properly before flushing the remainder.

:cheers:;)

I have a bottle of Blanton's given to me by a very dear friend many years ago. It stays in the liquor cabinet and is only used for very special things. Lately it only seems to be seeing action to mark the passing of friends though. :(

Woodford is my go-to bourbon. Geo. Dickel #12 is my go-to Tennessee. Jim Beam yellow label for rye. Yes, there is a difference.

No no no. Woodford and Blanton are terrible and you are risking bodily injury by consuming those. You want the cheapest slop on the shelf that says "bourbon" on it. Never spend more than $20 a gallon.

Send those bottles of high end whiskey to me for safe disposal. I promise to filter each bottle properly before flushing the remainder.

:cheers:;)

I have a bottle of Blanton's given to me by a very dear friend many years ago. It stays in the liquor cabinet and is only used for very special things. Lately it only seems to be seeing action to mark the passing of friends though. :(

Woodford is my go-to bourbon. Geo. Dickel #12 is my go-to Tennessee. Jim Beam yellow label for rye. Yes, there is a difference.

Where you born in Kentucky and just transplanted far west?

What is a better bourbon in that price range?

It's not the bourbon that I was commenting on. It was the fridge comment. You guys don't actually put bourbon in the fridge, do you?!?!

Ummmm not only no but HELL no!

The only bourbon that could use it is Stag due to its high proof. Just the vapors out of the glass will knock you down :cheers:

I came across this thread last night...it inspired me to open a bottle of Bookers for the evening...

MY HEAD IS KILLING ME THIS MORNING!!! Should stuck with just one drink, not 8 :sick:

Where you born in Kentucky and just transplanted far west?

No, in fact I haven't spent much time east of the Mississippi other than a bunch of trips on business to up-state NY (Syracuse, Ithaca and Cooperstown). Never even been to Kentucky (yet). I need to fix that one of these days.