Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 MGM Ironman

Stages are up on the website here!!!!!!!

Adios,

TG

Wow, 255 possible bonus seconds on stage 3 smile.gif

(edit: actually you shoot the flag targets twice, so 285s seems to be the max bonus..)

What's the stage time-out for this match?

With all the bonus time available on some stages, how will that be handled when it comes to scoring? ie, if someone gets a 0.5s (or less) time on a stage, even someone being just 0.5s behind, will only get 50points on that stage.

Or maybe I'm missing something?

Yea....no....The only stage anyone has ever gotten a negative time on is the zip line. It takes about 25 seconds to shoot IF you don't take the bonus'. If you do, figure about another 25-30 seconds. Our par times at this match are 480 seconds.

Adios,

TG

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Travis,

For those of us who are helping set up do you have a list of tools we should bring? Or do you have a wish list of things you would like done and we can figure out what tools we should pack?

I'll be out the previous Thursday, hopefully, probably Friday.

Jason

Hey Travis,

For those of us who are helping set up do you have a list of tools we should bring? Or do you have a wish list of things you would like done and we can figure out what tools we should pack?

I'll be out the previous Thursday, hopefully, probably Friday.

Jason

If you have a battery powered tool set, they usually come in pretty handy. A shovel and a hammer would be good too. I'm hoping to have most of the stuff out there, but extras never hurt. Thanks so much for the help!!!

Adios,

TG

So... how much ammo are you guys going to bring?

500 rifle, pistol, and shot. 200 68gr and 300 55's. Mix of 7 1/2, 6 and 4 shot. Couple hundred rounds of Gold Dot just in case for the spinners. 100 slugs. 25 buckshot. This should be plenty.

Just where is that fine line from going to a 3 gun match like Ironman prepared with enough firearms and ammunition for 3 shooters and violating Department of Transportation regulations as a rolling explosives arsenal and being labeled as a home grown terrorist?

Fortunately for me and the way I’ve been shooting lately the above posted list of ammunition will not be likely coming home with me . . but still . . . ?

Just where is that fine line from going to a 3 gun match like Ironman prepared with enough firearms and ammunition for 3 shooters and violating Department of Transportation regulations as a rolling explosives arsenal and being labeled as a home grown terrorist?

Fortunately for me and the way I’ve been shooting lately the above posted list of ammunition will not be likely coming home with me . . but still . . . ?

Ammunition isn't legally considered explosives.

ORM-D is a marking for mail or shipping in the United States that identifies "Other Regulated Materials-Domestic". Packages bearing this mark contain hazardous material in a limited quantity that presents a limited hazard during transportation, due to its form, quantity, and packaging.

Dot not however attempt to go over the Hoover Dam.

I was going over the dam back in 2005 with several other guys for the Ironman 3 gun match. We each had 4 guns with us and about 2,000 rounds of ammo each (minimum for the match at that time was about 1,200). At the security checkpoint before the dam they asked and we declared it and explained we were going to a match. After much communication back and forth with their command post they told us we had to continue over and we were not allowed to turn around. We were told if the van stopped for any reason they were going to open fire from their gun positions...I wish I was joking. I haven't been over the dam since then and have no intention of ever going over it for any reason again.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Note to Ironman waiting list:

So here is the deal. As you may or may not know, the reason we are only able to fit 143 shooters into our match is solely due to the lack of daylight. We are not able to fit any more squads into the match, and we FREQUENTLY shut shooters down, who are still shooting, because it is just too dark to shoot. At Parma, in June, that happens about 9:15p.m.

With that said, we are going to open the RO/Staff shoot to people on the waiting list. YEAAAA!!! RIGHT!?!?! Maybe not. Here are some things you need to realize.

1. You will need to be at the range and ready to shoot no later than 10:00 on Monday, June 7th. We may or may not be ready to start shooting at that time. Our goal is to start shooting at noon on Monday, shoot all day Tuesday, and finish up on Wednesday evening, the 9th. If we don't finish up on Wednesday, you'll have to get whatever stages you haven't shot finished sometime during the regular match. This means you'll have to wait by that stage for an opening. If the RO's don't finish all their stages, they will shoot before you.

2. Because we have not "proofed" the stages, you may end up reshooting a stage or two. We always do our very best to make sure all of the bugs are worked out before any of the RO's shoot, but we always have a few reshoots during the RO shoot. I'm not making any promises. If you are on that stage, and we need to make some changes, you'll be expected to help.

3. You will be expected to help reset the stage WAY more than usual because the squads will be smaller. We'll probably have 5 squads of 10.

4. You will have to wait around for two and a half days after you finish shooting to find out how you finished, walk the prize table, and shoot the 3 Gun Nation match if you qualify. The up side is, there are some fun things to do in Idaho at that time of year!

My intent here isn't to make you not want to come and shoot, but it is important you know EXACTLY what is on the program. We have never had a waiting list before. Up until this year everyone who has asked to shoot the match has gotten in. Last year we had a guy show up at registration and asked to shoot and we let him in.

This is a shooters match. We want to let everyone in and this is the best plan we have come up with. If you are interested, send me an e mail at travis@mgmtargets.com and we'll get things going.

Adios,

TG

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple more updates.

1. If you haven't reserved your room yet, today is the last day for one of the hotels. Check out the MGM website for info on all the hotels

2. Glock is going to donate two pistols this year, but only people shooting Glocks will be in the running. If you are going to shoot a Glock and want to be eligible for these prizes, please send Tony an e mail at im3gunner@yahoo.com We won't be doing "day of" registration changes so let him know NOW to be eligible!!

3. Directions to the range are here http://www.parmarng.org/

Please do me a favor and ask all of your buddies that are coming out to make sure they all got this. I'm having trouble getting my e mail list populated so I'm not sure if everyone is on there or not. Let me know if you have any more questions. travis@mgmtargets.com See you in a couple of weeks!!!

Adios,

TG

Ready to Rock!! Just finished my new AR upper (retired the 14"), all ammo ready to ship, and 100% physically healed up. Got my legs back under me after the Missouri Mud Match.

Really looking forward to this. Great people, great match. :D

JT

Edited by Jack T

Travis,

Shoulder/arm is semi healed and will test it on with the Saiga this week. I hope that it will be good enough to go by match time, I am just hoping that that there isn't too much shooting in this match:) It is a low run count this year? right????????????????

Mike

UUUUHHHHHH????? Its lowER.....

Adios

TG

<br />Travis,<br /><br />Shoulder/arm is semi healed and will test it on with the Saiga this week.  I hope that it will be good enough to go by match time, I am just hoping that that there isn't too much shooting in this match:)  It is a low run count this year? right????????????????<br /><br />Mike<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That is good. May I recommend the fireman's carry. Brother, you look like you are running with a big watermelon! :P

I did that last year trained like hell, then pulled my back out two days before the match taking the trailer off the jeep. This year I am just running/biking and hydrate before the match. :D

Good luck, see ya there.

Jack

That is good. May I recommend the fireman's carry. Brother, you look like you are running with a big watermelon! :P

I did that last year trained like hell, then pulled my back out two days before the match taking the trailer off the jeep. This year I am just running/biking and hydrate before the match. :D

Good luck, see ya there.

Jack

We deliberately carried it that way to fatigue our arms more. I didn't get video of it but we did 3 laps carrying it back and forth the whole time...that kicked my ass.

Staying hydrated on the range is a big one. Dehydration will put you down whether you want to quit or not.

good luck to you as well.

So how do you control your speed going down the slide?

I remember going straight down the middle and trying to use my feet on the side of the rails. Didn't work so good. I'm too short.

Some people said they burned themselves using the rope.

I'm thinking of crowding one of the sides and putting my shoes flush on the slide (use the rubber soles as traction). And if needed I would use my hand to grab the rail.

If needed, use your feet against the outside raised edges of the slide, that way you control your rifle with both hands and hit the ground running at full speed and hopefully still in control.

Edited by Jack T

. . . Bunggie cords and a seatbelt safety knife to cutaway at the last moment . . . .

or you could practice your tactical rolling summersault . . like you did last year. . .

seriously i would croud the left side of the slide and put both feet flat down on the deck. . . gloved left hand lightly grippinig the edge. . .or the rope . . . . but . . .and here is the tricky part (as witnessed by the amber lamp on the first day and by your tacticly cool recovery out of the dirt last year) you've got to put your feet down when you get to the end, and realize you will have a of forward momentum (in my case consiterable amount) so you had better start to move them feet the moment you hit the ground. Don't just plant your feet when you hit, you'll just tip over forwards.

now since it's still light out side and you have just one day to work this out, get thy self to a playground and start to practice those mad skills. . . and leave the rifle at home this time.