Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 MGM Ironman

So then will we need to carry our lunches with us for three days (or cache them in our cans) or will the trooper rules be modified so that we can grab a sack lunch from the truck?

You will not need to carry your lunch with you all the time unless you intend on eating it some other time than at lunch. You can't take anything from another competitor. Not sure what rules you are referring to that say you have to carry your lunch with you all the time.

Adios,

TG

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As most of you know, we have reduced the price of the entry fees to the Ironman this year and one of the things we cut out to do this was lunch. Some of you were paying for it and not eating it and we didn't think that was fair. That is the bad news. The good news is we were able to get the Goodfellow ladies to come cook for us again!!! I won't be handling any of the details on this. Breakfast is $6/day and will be served on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Lunch is $8/day and will be served on Thursday and Friday. If you want breakfast and/or lunch, mail the appropriate amount to:

Aaron Goodfellow

504 Syringa Way

Caldwell ID 83605

Here is some more great news. Terry Lowinger with Tac Latch ( http://www.techwearusa.com/index.asp ) is going to buy us all lunch on Saturday! He is going to have buffalo burgers and other good stuff BBQ-D for us while we watch the shoot offs for the 3 Gun Nation television show airing on the Versus channel. This is going to be some good grub, so don't worry about lunch on Saturday. Go to the Techwear site to get contact information for Terry about the Tac Latch.

ContactAaron with any questions about lunch or breakfast at aarongoodfellow@hotmail.com and me about anything else.

Adios,

TG

This may have been covered some where but I can't find it.

Question - If I try trooper and need to drop out for whatever reason, can I shoot in scoped tactical if all of my guns conform but I used a carbine in the previous stages?

Thanks and really looking forward to the match,

Jason

That is a good question. If you have already used your carbine you might not be able to drop out of Trooper as none of the other open shooters get to use a carbine....just don't drop out!! biggrin.gif

Adios,

TG

It hasn't come up yet...but we briefly discussed the possibility on our trooper squad last year. The conclusion we reached is there would be no fair way for someone to drop out of trooper IF they had already used a pistol caliber carbine. You have two choices really; finish the match without the guns that are broken or out of ammo; or fix your stuff and shoot for no official score or placement. Given the increasingly freestyle nature of the stages; you should be able to have some combination of guns that lets you engage most of the targets if one breaks or runs out of ammo.

If you're worried about it, I'd suggest using equipment that conforms with one of the other divisions so you can drop out into one of them if necessary.

So then will we need to carry our lunches with us for three days (or cache them in our cans) or will the trooper rules be modified so that we can grab a sack lunch from the truck?

You will not need to carry your lunch with you all the time unless you intend on eating it some other time than at lunch. You can't take anything from another competitor. Not sure what rules you are referring to that say you have to carry your lunch with you all the time.

Adios,

TG

OK...got a PM which I think cleared things up. Here is what I sent out.

OK. I was confused. Sorry about that. The part I was missing was that last year the lunch was paid for and this year it is not. Long and short is at lunch time, all rules are off. You can leave your gear right where it is and drive to town, or go buy lunch from the caterers, or go to your car, or kill and eat a groundsquirrel roflol.gif

Any food/gum/jerky/etc OTHER than lunch has to come from you pack. Hopefully this will clear things up a bit.

Adios,

TG

Travis, I hate to even bring this up, but last year there was one certain shooter in trooper who used an obviously illegal dump pouch. It was so large that it made everyone in the squad quite uncomfortable. On several occasions other shooters confronted him about the enormous gaping hole strapped to the back of his belt, and he claimed it was for his shotgun magazine, an obvious fabrication. We all know the real reason he was sporting that horrific tan barrel sized dump pouch, and it's just not fair. I don't want to come right out and name this shooter because that would be petty, so I will just drop an unmistakable hint without even trying to be the least bit subtle. His screen name rhymes with "MinisterWifeLmen". Please, don't let him use that thing again, think of the children! There will be junior shooters at this years match and what kind of example are we setting if this sort of behavior continues?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe it is. Two of my buds were denied!!!

Twenty five or so people on the wait list. So they didn't bother getting on the list.

The list has gotten longer, but I do know we have people dropping out. I'll be sending out updates as soon as I get caught up from being gone this weekend.

I hope to have stages up on the website soon as well. Should be a good time.

Adios,

TG

Stages are up on the website here!!!!!!!

Adios,

TG

Travis,

Trying to figure out how much ammo I need to pack. I am assuming Stage 7 is a blind stage. Is there a Stage 11 that will also be a blind stage? Would it be safe to assume we need to pack similar quantities of ammo as used on the other stages for that one/those?

Adios,

TG

Travis,

Trying to figure out how much ammo I need to pack. I am assuming Stage 7 is a blind stage. Is there a Stage 11 that will also be a blind stage? Would it be safe to assume we need to pack similar quantities of ammo as used on the other stages for that one/those?

This might help.

There are 11 stages this year, but we are counting 4 as two seperate stages. Stage 7 will be the surprise stage.

Adios,

TG

Target quantities.pdf

Do you have all the SO's you need for this match. I work hard and for free!

I think we are good to go for this year, but check back for next year!! We are always looking for good help!!

Adios,

TG

Adios,

TG

Wow, 255 possible bonus seconds on stage 3 :)

(edit: actually you shoot the flag targets twice, so 285s seems to be the max bonus..)

What's the stage time-out for this match?

With all the bonus time available on some stages, how will that be handled when it comes to scoring? ie, if someone gets a 0.5s (or less) time on a stage, even someone being just 0.5s behind, will only get 50points on that stage.

Or maybe I'm missing something?

Edited by gose

If you check you tube, you can see some folks shooting these types of stages from years past. For folks like me, the far targets take longer than their worth. crazy stuff starts happening to little bullets going out to those distances that I can't comprehend so I tend to leave them alone. I think the par time was right around 8 minutes.

With all the bonus time available on some stages, how will that be handled when it comes to scoring? ie, if someone gets a 0.5s (or less) time on a stage, even someone being just 0.5s behind, will only get 50points on that stage.

Last year this match was straight up time. No stage points. Lowest overall time wins.

If you royally crash and burn on one stage you are screwed the entire match.

Last year this match was straight up time. No stage points. Lowest overall time wins.

If you royally crash and burn on one stage you are screwed the entire match.

Yeah, the rules say they will normalize to points for each stage though...

I dont really care, I'll shoot and have fun and I'm sure the best man will win no matter how they do the scoring :)