Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

heard that the Timeless Far and Near standards will be one of the stages for the IRC. not sure if it is going to be a regular NRA-D1 or the target that is blacked out in the X-ring. I hope its the ladder. My thanks go out to the California Wheel Burners for stepping up to run the match. See you all there in June.

heard that the Timeless Far and Near standards will be one of the stages for the IRC. not sure if it is going to be a regular NRA-D1 or the target that is blacked out in the X-ring. I hope its the ladder. My thanks go out to the California Wheel Burners for stepping up to run the match. See you all there in June.

Is there a place where I can find the stage layout and course description for Timeless Near and Far Standards?

mwx40x40, About the closest thing to a stage drawing is here. It has no diminsions however the targets are approximately 18 inches apart and distances are Box A 50 yards, Box B 35 yards, Box C 10 yards and Box D is 3 yards. The boxes are centered on the array. You will have to go to Far and Near Standards on the drawings, it has all the stages for that one year. From what I have gleaned is that they will be using the NRA D-1 target but will have a Black spot to be put on the X Ring. It is till in the works so look for more info at the ICORE Web Page. :cheers: I hope tis is helpful

mwx40x40, About the closest thing to a stage drawing is here. It has no diminsions however the targets are approximately 18 inches apart and distances are Box A 50 yards, Box B 35 yards, Box C 10 yards and Box D is 3 yards. The boxes are centered on the array. You will have to go to Far and Near Standards on the drawings, it has all the stages for that one year. From what I have gleaned is that they will be using the NRA D-1 target but will have a Black spot to be put on the X Ring. It is till in the works so look for more info at the ICORE Web Page. :cheers: I hope tis is helpful

Thanks Bubber

I had seen this diagram before, but never new what the distances were for boxes B,C,&D. Thanks, I may introduce this to the local ICORE gang this spring.

Oh yeah, Start position and Alternate Position. Is this the shooters option?

I always thought F&N was 50, 25, 10, and 3 yards? At least that's how I practice it and have been for years..

You are right I did not have my glasses on it should be 25 not 35. What can I say I'm blind. thanx sargenv, Sorry for the mix up Latter rdd

Thanks Bubber

I had seen this diagram before, but never new what the distances were for boxes B,C,&D. Thanks, I may introduce this to the local ICORE gang this spring.

Oh yeah, Start position and Alternate Position. Is this the shooters option?

shooter's option. It allows for old guys like me

• 1 month later...

John is right. The standards are back, timeless, with a colored X ring. Check out the ICORE website. There is a lot of good info in the IRC Match Inforation area. In fact, the ICORE website has been taken to the next level. Far and Near will be shot in regular bay rotation. It used to be that you could get your tag in and shoot it when you felt ready. That always led to a log jamb near lunch time because that's when the scoring rings were most visible. The colored X ring will make time of day less of a factor. This will still be The Big Stage, because of all the X's up for grabs. I'm curious to see how the scores run this year. Colored X' are easier to hit. With the par time removed, you can get the benefit of shooting faster. This may be the year the Houge's have to shell out some money. Of course it may just be Pat, handing the check to Neal. Richard

Hi guys and gals.

It's your old former MD of the IRC, Nelson. I see Far and Near is back. The distances are 50, 25, 10 and 3 yards. I never could remember how far off the ground or how far apart the targets are. Guess I thought it was more fun shooting at tin cans and golf balls with my .22 than practicing Far and Near. I always relied on the fantastic crew that did such a great job at the match year after year to remember those little details. Thank you guys and gals soooooooooooo much for making a hard job much easier. My hat goes off to the California Wheelburners, the first ICORE club I joined. Great bunch of people down there in the LA area.

Good luck Vic...maybe you can get your 2nd or 3rd position back since Far and Near is in the match again.

• 1 month later...

I sent in my app 2 weeks ago and got an email saying I am in. I wanted to go to the SW regional but unfortunately when I found out the date was Apr 10th, I found I already had a date conflict that I can't break. I've practiced the F&N with no time limit and placed about where I expected.. though that was the first time trying it and using ammo not zero'ed in my gun.. so we'll see.. I'm happy to see it shot as a regular rotation so we don't have to figure out "when" is the best time.

with no par times, then getting as many x in a resonalbe amount of time becomes a major factor. 50 yards should come down to holding them in the A ring and shooting just fast enought to get all x in the 3, 10 and 25 yards. of course thats easier said that done.

with no par times, then getting as many x in a resonalbe amount of time becomes a major factor. 50 yards should come down to holding them in the A ring and shooting just fast enought to get all x in the 3, 10 and 25 yards. of course thats easier said that done.

I have two predictions. 1) Several people will zero the stage 2) I won't be one of them

I have two predictions. 1) Several people will zero the stage 2) I won't be one of them

If it is shot under 36 seconds and all X's there will be some negitive scores. If you shoot it over 36 seconds and get all X's then your score will be whatever your time over 36 seconds was. There are so many possibilities that could get you to zero or close but even if it does happen. It is still not the true Far & Near Standards and the scores will only reflect an altered stage. I still hope for the true Far & Near Standards to show up again some day.

If it is shot under 36 seconds and all X's there will be some negitive scores. If you shoot it over 36 seconds and get all X's then your score will be whatever your time over 36 seconds was. There are so many possibilities that could get you to zero or close but even if it does happen. It is still not the true Far & Near Standards and the scores will only reflect an altered stage. I still hope for the true Far & Near Standards to show up again some day.

Amen

I doubt it will be zero'd

I predict your bullets won't penetrate the targets from 50 yards. Oh sorry, I was thinking about the steel match. :sight:

Come on Mark. You've got to come to the match with a better attitude. No one will get exactly zero, but I think we will see someone under zero. Richard

I can taste the spite in that comment...))))))))

I prefer Coke over spite.

Maybe we can have a side match. Everyone puts in $1 and guesses their score. Closest guess takes it.

• 1 month later...