Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Corey's road to success

Corey

Haven't been up to much lately. Thursday night practices are going well. Been shooting the M&P trying to get better with it. Things are coming along a bit. Shot it yesterday at the Warsaw Classifier match. From a quick glance at the scores and the cmcalc app, I should be now classified a B with it in Production. Better than I though I would do with it. I was using the larger backstrap on it today (usually use the medium one) and things seemed to flow well for me. Gun recoiled well and I was much more accurate than I have been in the past few weeks. Maybe its the strap, maybe its b/c I was trying to shoot smooth and accurately. Hard to say. I will continue with the larger strap to see if improvement continues.

Also dug out the Cheely to shoot the classifiers in Limited. Couple of botched runs and a couple of decent ones. Absolutely smoked Papper Poppers and if the app is right, it was almost a 93% run :surprise: If that counts, goodbye B class, haha.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my season goals is finally accomplished thanks to the classifier match at Warsaw last weekend. With the help of a 92.5% :surprise: :surprise: run on Paper Poppers, I'm officially classed in A in Limited. Also got myself classified in Production and did better than expected with a mid-B score out of the gate.

Wait...just A class?!?! dry.gif

Just kidding nice job!

If it makes you feel better, the run that got me into A was a 92.5%. Pretty healthy M-class run :blush:

Shot My match today, again shooting Limited minor (yes, it still sucks). Won limited and got 2nd overall to an Open shooter. Had a pretty decent day other than the classifier, 3 Mikes in hardcover will really hurt a good run. Oh well, I got a while to get used to A, no need to hurry. :roflol::sight:

Shot a small 3gun match at a local range who is trying to get up and running for 3gun next year. Seemed to run pretty well. INMG series may be there next year. Would love to have a nive 3gun match within 20 minutes from home! 14 shooters total. I ended up winning HOA and won 3 of the 4 stages. tanked the long range shooting through barricade stage. Thinking back, I was holding off improperly. Guess thats what happens when you don't think about your shots before you take them. Still a fun day in general.

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile. Shot the INMG series finale yesterday and qualified for the top 16 shoot-off. Man that shoot-off stuff is fun. First time I've ever done a man-on-man type shooting event and I'm really looking forward to more. I ended up making the finals and barely lost to Tony Holmes. Not upset about losing to him in any way, but I coulda/woulda/shoulda beat him. I took some extra rifle shots that were unneeded as i was rushing a bit too hard trying to put down a good run. I caught him on the shotgun but he was one plate in front of me I couldn't quite make it all up. Great experience overall!!! Time to reset and head to Blue Ridge this weekend to mark the end of my shooting season. Wanting to finish on a strong note.

Back home from Blue Ridge. What a match!!! Way different and way more intense than other 3-gun matches Ive shot. I get what people say when they talk about it being a match all on its own now. Tons of targets, long runs through the woods, very brutal match in general. average stage time for me was around 150 seconds. I haven't had a stage run longer than 60 seconds all year, up until this one. Shot a couple stages very well (2 top 15 times) and a few that were ok. Ended up 26th in Tac Ops out of about 180 shooters. I was hoping for top 50, so this was a good end to my 2012 shooting season. Not planning on doing anything shooting related for awhile. Gonna relax and do a little hunting, then do some recap of the year and make a practice plan for 2013.

Back home from Blue Ridge. What a match!!! Way different and way more intense than other 30gun matches Ive shot. I get what people say when they talk about it being a match all on its own now. Tons of targets, long runs through the woods, very brutal match in general. average stage time for me was around 150 seconds. I haven't had a stage run longer than 60 seconds all year, up until this one. Shot a couple stages very well (2 top 15 times) and a few that were ok. Ended up 26th in Tac Ops out of about 180 shooters. I was hoping for top 50, so this was a good end to my 2012 shooting season. Not planning on doing anything shooting related for awhile. Gonna relax and do a little hunting, then do some recap of the year and make a practice plan for 2013.

Do not forget to add sleepless nights, shitty diapers, cutting teeth, colic to deal with, and the emotional roller coaster that you will be on with the mommy.

Have fun stay at home pop

Back home from Blue Ridge. What a match!!! Way different and way more intense than other 30gun matches Ive shot. I get what people say when they talk about it being a match all on its own now. Tons of targets, long runs through the woods, very brutal match in general. average stage time for me was around 150 seconds. I haven't had a stage run longer than 60 seconds all year, up until this one. Shot a couple stages very well (2 top 15 times) and a few that were ok. Ended up 26th in Tac Ops out of about 180 shooters. I was hoping for top 50, so this was a good end to my 2012 shooting season. Not planning on doing anything shooting related for awhile. Gonna relax and do a little hunting, then do some recap of the year and make a practice plan for 2013.

Do not forget to add sleepless nights, shitty diapers, cutting teeth, colic to deal with, and the emotional roller coaster that you will be on with the mommy.

Have fun stay at home pop

26th! Great job!

-rvb

• 3 months later...

First time touching a competition gun for more than 5 minutes in what has turned into about 3 months... :surprise: . Got the SS out to see how rusty things are with it after not shooting it in almost a year. I didn't spend a lot of time tonight, just wanted to hear the sound of the metal on kydex and get a feel for the grip again. Worked on draws to a mini-ipsc at about 6-7 yards. Draws felt ok, but no timer to see where exactly I'm at. Took a few reps to dial in a POA that was close to where I wanted it. First one out of the holster was off the target completely, haha. Spent about 10 minutes on draws and another 10-15 on reloads. Nothing super fast, just 50-75% speed working on finding the magwell, getting the tiny little mag lined up with the tiny little hole in the gun and then making sure the mag was fully seated and rolling the grip back out on target. Reloads went surprisingly better than I expected and felt fairly smooth. Ill get the timer out soon and put myself on the clock to see what it looks like. Planning on shooting mostly SS until the IN State SS/Prod match, assuming I can shoot it. New baby will be here by then, but mama will still be home from work, so hopefully I can sneak out to the range for this one. I haven't shot it the last year or two and I've been upset about missing it.

While I haven't been shooting or dryfiring much, I'm still CrossFitting, a LOT. Endurance and stamina are improving (great for long single day matches) as well as some footspeed and agility. Looking forward to taking a new approach to stages this year. I want to find better ways to break things down and hopefully let some agility help me out a bit. We'll see what happens in 3 months when the season kicks off.

Let the 2013 season begin!!!!!!! :goof:

Crossfit and P90X yesterday, dryfire this morning. Pretty productive weekend. Definitely starting to get the itch back for shooting. I think a couple months off did some good for me mentally.

Got the 550 converted to run 45s last night and cranked out 100 rounds for testing hopefully this weekend. Been so long since I loaded for the 45, I need to check all my settings for feed function and chrono them. Only have about 9 weeks until the first Major of the year. Better get started....

• 3 months later...

First 3G match of the season is in the books. Shot the INMG series at Hillside last weekend. Considering the lack of practice ahead of time, I feel pretty good about the day overall. Some hiccups here and there but I still ended up winning TO and HOA for the match.