Corey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Officially pulled out of the Pro-Am later this month. I love shooting at the Rock and the prize table at that match is always spectacular but life is just getting in the way right now. Too many irons in the fire with family, business, etc and some things need to take priority. Hopefully my spot goes to someone who has never shot there before and enjoys it. With the Pro-Am off the calendar and a business trip this weekend pretty much taking me out of INMG shoot-off contention I may be done with 3gun for the year. We'll see what time looks like I guess.

Still planning on shooting the In Sectional next month so most of any practice time I will get in the next few weeks will be focused on getting ready for that. Been feeling good about my footwork on stages and stage times but I need to clean up the accuracy a tad. I've been pushing hard in practice and local matches to see where my breaking point is. The "plan" is to dial back from that all out break-neck pace and shoot a good Sectional match. Just got in a nice shiny box of 40 brass so its time to get the press back to cranking again!

• 2 weeks later...

Shot the FW match yesterday. Tried to keep the pace high on this match as well and my points showed it, big time! Feeling better about my movement and footwork (always room for improvement though) and close targets, but I had a few misses and/or NS hits that were just plain uncalled for. Definitely wasn't looking at my sights the way I need to be, too many steel makeup shots and some targets that I had no idea if i even hit them or not. Hopefully will have a practice session this Thursday if the weather and my schedule allow it. Probably will not work on any speed stuff, but simple shot calling and precision. Its needed...

Video from this past weekend:

I very rarely work on speed for practice sessions. To me, practice is about showing yourself what an alpha (and more importantly a second alpha) looks like. When you are all worked up at a match you'll go as fast as you can. Practice is for relaxed reinforcement of HOW to do something. you know.... for the most part. There are some things that need practice on speed, but I would say the percentage is overwhelmingly on accuracy.

Good luck and keep up the improvements.

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, IN Sectional is over. Guess who needs more range time?!?! Felt good about my plans and my movement on most of them. Just wasn't confident behind the gun while shooting. Points were pretty awful in general. There were a few times I would draw and be looking at the target behind my sights thinking "I should probably start shooting sometime soon".

Got most of the field courses on video. Good thing you can't see the hits on YouTube ;)

• 1 month later...

2015 season is in the books. Finished up with an HOA at Fort Wayne yesterday. Shot ok, still kinda sloppy but not as bas as I have been, haha. Forgot the video camera at home so no footage. Need to decompress a bit and spend a bunch of time in the hunting fields the next couple months :).

Offseason goals: actually do some dryfire? load up a bunch of ammo.

• 8 months later...

Wow, long time no update. Didn't get any of the above offseason goals accomplished, haha. Actually ran out of .40 ammo a couple weeks ago with the move to the new house earlier this year and a lack of drive to set up the reloading bench at the new place. Finally got it in gear so I can start building my supply back up. Haven't shot much, 1 USPSA match a month. Couple of rough matches to start the year but had a pretty decent day minus 1 stage yesterday. No video, but I won 3 stages and should have won the match but blew it on the last stage with 3 Mikes. Got 3rd overall by less than .5%. Might have made GM as well, will have to wait for the official update next month.

• 1 month later...

Well after the last update, it did happen. :mellow: Not sure if I'm ready to be called a GM and certainly don't think I can compete at that level with my current level of practice and dedication (like none?), but here it comes anyway! Shot a pretty first match as GM last month at FWRR until the last stage where I blew the win. 100% on the classifier will bump up the classification a bit higher into "real" GM, haha.

Trying to decide if I want to venture into other divisions now to see if I can be a multi-division GM. Might give me a little drive again.

Spending a lot of time working out, putting a home gym together, and hanging with my boys. Shooting has certainly taken a backseat in the car of life as of late.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Corey said:

Tried some new things this weekend at the Fort Wayne match and learned a couple things. PCC is really fun. Shooting a PCC with iron sights is hard and I don't care for it, haha.

Probably why I have yet to see a PCC without a dot! :)

16 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Probably why I have yet to see a PCC without a dot! :)

Well I was sharing gear with a friends since I only have about half of a gun right now myself. He thought irons was going to be fine and after like 3 stages he realized it needed a dot, bad. lol As soon as I get my own setup running, itll have a dot of some kind for SURE

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Glock26Toter said:

Oh my gawd.  That thing looks military grade.  Why would a civilian ever need one???  HAHAHA.  That thing is cool.  You are going to have LOTS of fun.  Good luck.

I don't need one.

I need two, hahaha. 

Thanks, i think its going to be a blast. Been doing a little dryfire and reload practice with it. Kinda clunky but its getting better. Not planning on doing much reloading but might need it on a classifier at least.