Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

blade tech black ice holster

speed

Got that e-mail this morning and was interested as I need a holster for my G17. What holster you running for Glocks Duane?

Hello,

I use blade tech stingray w doh. Now there's a new black ice that I'm not farmiliar with it just came out. Have to find out more

Al

I hope they add 6" 2011/1911 design to the list. Should be a good one for longslide guns.

Yesh that would be cool. I will find out more and post when I do. I'm curious to see if the doh cants gun away from body with this new holster.

Al

Got that e-mail this morning and was interested as I need a holster for my G17. What holster you running for Glocks Duane?

I have both a g-34 and 17 so i decided to go with the blade tech for the g-34 and my 17 fits also

Why would a holster that holds the gun lower be easier to stick a gun in when seated in a chair or car? I'd think it would be the other way around.

I think that was a misunderstanding. From the looks of it, it looks like it allows an easier draw compared to the original Blade-techs when seated. With the originals, you had to pull the gun straight up until the muzzle cleared the front of the holster. This one looks like it only requires you to pull it up a short distance before you can start to cant the gun (butt forward, muzzle back) while drawing, making it a little less awkward to draw while staying seated. I guess you could say the reverse is also true about reholstering.

I hope they add 6" 2011/1911 design to the list. Should be a good one for longslide guns.

Yesh that would be cool. I will find out more and post when I do. I'm curious to see if the doh cants gun away from body with this new holster.

Al

They already do. I've got two DOHs for 6" 2011s. You just have to call and ask them.

Al

They already do. I've got two DOHs for 6" 2011s. You just have to call and ask them.

Thanks , I just noticed when you hit the drop down box for the Black Ice Holster on the BT website, 6" 2011/1911's were not listed . Good to know they will custom build.

• 2 months later...

If its just a lower front opening I did that to both of mine. With long dust cover holsters you can really lower the front and the gun won't tip out because of the square dustcover. Works for both" 5 & 6" guns

Edited by TMC

If its just a lower front opening I did that to both of mine. With long dust cover holsters you can really lower the front and the gun won't tip out because of the square dustcover. Works for both" 5 & 6" guns

What did you use to cut the holster with and finish the edges?

What did you use to cut the holster with and finish the edges?

Dremel with a saw blade and a sanding drum to smooth things out.

Edited by TMC

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody know if the front is cut more than 1/2" below the ejection port?

I just got the "ice" holster for my 5" 2011 last week. It's cut right at 1/2" below the ejection port. The cutout is flared open and the gun can rotate forward inside the holster after being slightly lifted out of retention. Seems to be a good holster with the biggest advantage being easier draw from the seated position. I'll try to post some pics this weekend.